“Brilliant holiday”

Aliathon Holiday Village
Ranked #27 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent Easter at the Aliathon and really enjoyed it. Our kids den accommodation was really lovely, clean and spacious. The hotel grounds were clean and the staff were all really friendly. We were worried that the weather wouldn't be warm enough but it was perfect really warm. Clear blue skies at 7am.
The location of the hotel is good. We walked into Paphos one afternoon which is a nice 30 minute walk along the coast or 20 mins down the main road.
We would recommend the Aliathon and would go back tomorrow if we could !!!.

Room Tip: We had a kids suite by the splash pool. We didn't get the sun till the afternoon but this was pe...
1  Thank Gloucestershire75
AliathonPafos_Cyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Aliathon Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Sarah,

We would like to thank you for your great review and we are so happy to hear what a brilliant family holiday you had at the Aliathon Holiday Village.

It is fantastic that the staff were friendly and that the location of the holiday village was very good! We look forward to welcoming your family back to the Aliathon in the near future. Please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just returned from a two week stay in a kids den/junior suite in the fishing village. As a family, my husband and I loved having some extra space and a separate bedroom for the little ones.

Overall, the holiday was faultless..attractive looking complex/grounds, clean and very spacious accommodation, ever so genuinely friendly and helpful staff in the restaurant bars. Our two little ones attended the kids club and crèche, which was a favourite part of our 5 yr olds holiday.

The big negative for this hotel and one which would refrain us from returning or recommending is the awful acoustics in the entertainment hall. It really is unbelievable that a hotel of its size has not addressed this issue! It was noticed instantly on our first night..the sound of the speakers is set too high, so not only is it ridiculously loud to be enjoyed, the sound is also distorted! It's almost impossible to understand what is being said. We spoke to several families who echoed our thoughts and avoided it for their stay. Interestingly the bar staff agreed and stated they had spoken to management about it who haven't done anything to resolve the issue.

I would only recommend this hotel to families who aren't overly bothered with the evening entertainment!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank LaurLyns
AliathonPafos_Cyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Aliathon Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Laurlyns,

We are so honoured to read that overall you holiday at the Aliathon Holiday Village was faultless and that your entire family had a very enjoyable stay with us. Feedback is key in order for us to continue moving forward and improving year on year so thank you for providing us with yours.

Regarding the entertainment venue sound system, as mentioned previously please be assured that we have listened to our guest’s feedback with regards to this and we have tried many solutions to prevent the sound echoing. We have tried by adding new technologies and closing in the roof area of the venue with specialised sound material. Unfortunately, we did not manage to complete solve the issue with the sound echoing due to the size of the venue. We are aware that further improvements still need to be made despite the fact that there is an improvement from the original sound quality. Please be assured that your feedback will be listened to and the hotel management will try their upmost best to solve this problem.

Once again we are very pleased that your family had a great stay at our Holiday Village Aliathon and we look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future for another unforgettable family get away.

The entire team here at the Aliathon remains at your disposal for anything you may need so please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest wishes,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel is situated about 30 minutes stroll from Pathos Harbour and is one road back from the beachside hotels, so still convenient for water sports. We had a 1 bed apartment in the fishing village which was spacious and clean, and included a useful kitchenette with fridge and kettle etc. A throwback from the self catering options that are no longer offered. Excellent maid service.

The food cannot be faulted at this village. It was nothing short of excellent at all 3 sittings. Late breakfast is also served at the poolside restaurant, along with snacks in the afternoon if you don't want to go to the buffet. Of particular note was how quickly the waiting staff cleared and re-dressed tables for others to follow. A complete contrast to what I had experienced at an Egyptian hotel 18 months ago.

The hotel staff were all courteous and the reps, entertainers and activity team worked really hard to keep the kids (and adults) entertained. An excellent team of hard working young people.

The second week of our holiday signalled the arrival of the early morning sun bed baggers which is really unnecessary as there was plenty of space. It also got a lot busier in the restaurant, but not overcrowded to the extent that queueing became an issue.

My only criticism is that spaces in the themed restaurants seemed limited and I doubt that everyone got their full entitlement. We were offered a free night at the Italian as we could not get a table in the mexican for the second week. All the themed restaurants take fare paying reservations so are not exclusive to hotel guests. Its also a restricted menu unless you want to pay extra.

Overall a great holiday, so Im really nitpicking when I say the tea in the buffet is dreadful. Get some teabags from the supermarket and make your own :-)

1  Thank ArgentStWarrior

Dear ArgentStWarrior,

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review on our trip advisor page and for choosing to stay at our Holiday Village Aliathon.

We are so pleased to hear that your family had such a great holiday due to the food being excellent at all three servings and the staff were all friendly and helpful throughout your stay!

Regarding the Ala Carte restaurants we will pass your feedback onto the management for discussion and be assured that any improvement needed will be taken.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and praise for our Holiday Village Aliathon and we look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future. Please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I arrived on 16th April around 730pm by 10.30pm all my money was stolen from my room, the safe wasn't mentioned to me on check in so on arrival at my room I realised It was chargeable and so me and the children went for some tea around 820 and I took 50 euros with me to pay for the safe, I then emptied my belongings into the safe, after tea I bought the safe key and I went back to the room and locked it without checking inside the purse, the next day at 7pm I went into the purse only to find they had stolen every penny I had brought with me, this was the first holiday I had been on with my children on my own and I was already very scared as it's a big responsibility and then for this to happen was just unreal , the police came immediately so I spent the second night crying in my room the children were taken for tea by the reps Rachel and Megan and brought back to me and we sat in the room upset , the children were very scared and didn't sleep that night, the hotel said it's the first they had known, yet I came on trip advisor while I was away to find the exact same thing happened to another family identical situation I am absolutely disgusted that they didn't even tell me this was a known problem and left me feeling stupid and that I was stupid for leaving my belongings In the room, the police questioned me and made me question myself even asking if maybe it had been stolen from the kids suitcases as that's were the kids money was which was a wallet of coins which was in there suitcase which was also stolen , what I do find odd is that there was three iPads in the room which weren't stolen, to me this is an inside job and windows must have been left open on purpose ready for new arrivals as it's obvious after traveling people are hungry so they let you drop your bags and in they go to raid your room, very disappointed I was offered nothing in terms of compensation except a refund of my safe 21 euros !!!! So I now had 21 euros to my name to last me 7 days!!!!

I wasn't offered to move room, the children were so scared we had to sleep with the light on, they kept saying it's ok mummy we will just have the free ice cream we won't go to the shop!! This is not acceptable and I feel that I should have been treated better than I was, the room I was in was very dated, it said on my booking I had a bath which I didn't again very disappointed as my children don't like showers, the room was overcrowded with trees so no daylight to the room or sun on the balcony, the food was lovely and the pool area was lovely too, I think that on arrival families should be given the kids club itinery instead of having to constantly have to look on the board especially as I have two children in different groups , I also know that after speaking with people while on holiday they were several people who had returned back to their rooms to find windows and doors had been unlocked while they were out I find this very strange !! Very strange the airier on the balcony was falling to pieces so very difficult to dry our swimwear, the room also had quote alot of ants too. My little boy cut his hands o the monkey bars on the first day so I took him to the activity meeting point and they opened the first aid box which was empty and full of empty wrappers, so I said can you find me some at this point my little boy was screaming and they didn’t seem that bothered so I sent them to get some and again they didn’t offer they just said we don’t have any sorry!! Even though t sounds like I did not have a nice holiday, I didn’t let this spoil my holiday and overall had a fantastic time, but if I was to let it then this could of quite easily been the holiday from hell.

After this incident I decided I would not leave the complex has this had scared the children and when around the area of our room I found it very difficult to get them to leave my side

I arrived on a wednesday the cleaner didn't go in thursday at all, then friday was a bank holiday so never went in, saturday they finally went in then sunday and monday didnt go in as they were bank holidays again and then came again on tuesday so all in all i saw them twice..... not acceptable this means no clean towels either!!

Room Tip: Def choose fishing village not the other if your with children if not then other is great
2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just got back (April 2014) Excellent time. Room was brill. Food very good and great choices. Entertainment staff really good and always on the go to keep you entertained. Thank you all and would go back again.

2  Thank Ian H
AliathonPafos_Cyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Aliathon Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Ian,

Thank you very much for sparing the time to share your holiday experience on our Trip Advisor page and for choosing our Holiday Village Aliathon for your vacation this April.

We are so pleased that you had an excellent holiday and that the food, room and facilities met all of your family’s expectations!

It is fantastic to hear that you will be returning to stay with us in the near future, please feel free to email us with any special requests you may have and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Always at you disposal,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

fantastic !!!! we got recommended to this hotel and wasn't disappointed from the start of the holiday everything went smoothly . 20 minutes from the airport transfer straight to the hotel and then the start !! manager of the hotel comes out to greet you ( nice touch !!) then your luggage is then moved to your room by the porters. the apartments are beautiful & clean and a very nice size we had a family of 4 with 2 teenagers and there was ampule room to move around .
outside the apartment we had a fantastic view over looking one of the 4 pools which this hotel as !! there were more than enough sunbeds from the quiet areas to the lively areas ( young children's pool ) the food was excellent different themes each evening but so much of it covered all areas from people wanting to try something different to the kids section which kept everybody happy !!! this place was the most relaxing holiday we as a family have had and would recommend this to any one BUT !!!! the biggest thing we loved about this place was the staff !! from the cleaners clean towels every day to the restaurant staff and bar staff they where so friendly and couldn't do enough for you . if your looking for a great family relaxing fun holiday we would recommend this to you !! enjoy

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank neil19692014
AliathonPafos_Cyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Aliathon Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Neil,

Wow! Thank you for your amazing review and for rating our Holiday Village so highly. We are so happy that all aspects of your holidays were fantastic and that every member of your family was relaxed and happy throughout your stay.

We really can not thank you enough for your brilliant review and we look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future for another fanatic family getaway.

Please feel free to email us with any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

stayed in the fishing village april 9th to april 16th.really enjoyed our stay here even tried to extend.staff are excellent and the reps do an amazing job full of enthusiasm.special mention to charlotte who did lots of the eleven o clock family games, couldn't think of anyone more suited to the job big thanks from paula richard and nick.also a great bonus if you have an older child like us is the football pitch our son used it non stop. if you are thinking of going here don't hesitate its great

Room Tip: stay in fishing village if possible
1  Thank paula i

Dear Paula, Richard & Nick,

We are so pleased that your family enjoyed their holiday so much that you tried to extend your stay with us! We are honoured to read all of your kind praise about our staff and facilities.

Please be assured all of your kind comments will be passed on to the relevant members of staff for praise to be given. We hope to welcome you family back to the Aliathon Holiday Village in the near future for another great holiday experience! Please feel free to email us with any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to
fulfil them for you.