8 of us have just returned from the Aliathon Holiday Village and we had a great time.
We arrived late on a Saturday evening and were greeted by 3 very helpful staff who told us to mark our cases with stickers in our welcome pack and they would deliver them to our rooms.
Our rooms were 1216 and 1217. Both were in the fishing village and both rooms were clean, very spacious with large balconies.
The following morning we headed straight to the pools to have a look around. The main pool is huge with plenty of loungers and the kids splash pool is brilliant with lots of slides.
The restaurant is more than big enough and I'm even told that in peak season they have another room they can open if it gets too busy. There was always enough choice and with different food themes every night the food never seemed to get boring, especially if you're willing to try new things. The restaurant staff were extremely helpful too.
Now onto the best part of the holiday in my opinion. The First Choice entertainment team are absolutely fantastic! I really mean that. They do their very best to make sure your kids have a fantastic time. From 10 o'clock in the morning until 12 o'clock midnight they do not stop.
A big thank you must go to Hetty, Miles, Cameron and Amy from the Kids Club who were all brilliant. It actually seemed like Hetty and Miles worked all day, every day. From 10am they have inflatables in the pool, quizzes at 12, family cricket, family golf, family volleyball. It doesn't matter what age you are, they try to make sure you are having a great time.
The entertainment room is right by the restaurant and although I expected it to be bigger it was fine because it was never fully packed. From 7.30pm until around 11.30pm there was always somethinf happening in this place. One thing that really did annoy me and I know it's been mentioned quite a bit is the speakers. They are awful. The work the entertainment team puts in deserves a better speaker system because 50% of the time you can't here what they are saying from the back of the room where the bar is.
The room only has 4 speakers so they have to turn the volume up loud but this causes an echo. It's quite stupid that with all the negative comments I have seen on here about the speakers, they still haven't sorted it.
We visited Paphos zoo which was decent but not great and also took a walk to the harbour which is about a 30 minute walk if you have kids.
You get given to vouchers to visit the Mexican & Greek restaurants. The Mexican was ok but the cake dessert was laughable because it was so small. The Greek meal wasn't great at all. The Stifado was very very oily and the Kleftico was rubbery. Probably worth throwing the vouchers away and eating in the main restaurant if I'm honest.
Like I said I really enjoyed my week here and if you have kids then I'm sure you will have a great time too. Most of the people staying here have kids so if you are looking for a quiet holiday then this is probably not for you.
If I was being very picky then here are a few things that I'd change/improve if it was my holiday village...
- The bedrooms have two single beds put together instead of a double bed and I'd get rid of those and invest in doubles.
- Definitely invest in a new speaker system for the entertainment room. This will put people off returning in my opinion.
- Heat the pool a little. It wouldn't need much, just to take the chill off it.
- Have more cocktails available on the all inclusive menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aliathon Holiday Village in Paphos, Cyprus is an oasis of beauty and tranquillity oriented towards families and couples interested in high quality holidays. The Aliathon Holiday Village comprises of two themed villages, the Aegean and the Fishing Village, set in an estate of 14 hectares, as well as the Aliathon Plaza collection of restaurants and bars. We are very proud of taking care of our guests in an exceptional way and we are the winners of the Gold Choice Award by TUI/First Choice UK for the best Holiday Village in the world in our category. The Aliathon Holiday Village is ideally situated in the resort of Kato Paphos, Cyprus, just 15 minutes from the Paphos International Airport and only 150 meters from the beach. The picturesque fishing harbour and the historical fort of Paphos are within a short stroll from the Aliathon Holiday Village. During your stay at the Aliathon you will be hosted in one of the 287 elegant apartments consisting of studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom independent apartments designed using traditional Greek island architecture offering a total capacity of about 1000 guests. The rooms include amenities such as air conditioning, fully-equipped kitchens, private terraces and balconies, Wi-Fi internet connection and secure parking. The rooms are set among gardens planted with orange, lemon, olive and palm trees, as well as roses, bougainvilleas, lilies and other Cyprus plantings. The Aliathon Holiday Village distinguishes itself in terms of the quality of its recreational and leisure facilities. Guests can swim in four outdoor pools, including the largest pool in Cyprus sized at 3,000 m2, and a mini waterpark (splash pool) featuring a variety of water slides which is always a great hit with the younger visitors. They also have available kids club, creche and Teenagers Club with different activities and animations. The athletic facilities at the Aliathon include two Bowling Green courts, floodlit tennis court, mini-football court, archery range, on site scuba diving, table tennis and game rooms. A unique feature of the hotel is the High Rope Park, the only one in Cyprus--where guests can try their hand at rope climbing and acrobatics, under trained supervision. The Faros Spa offers intense relaxation with a fully-equipped fitness centre that includes a steam bath, sauna, hair salon, three spa treatment rooms and an indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi (whirlpool). The Aliathon Holiday Village provides a full range of dining options. The Holiday Village include two restaurants-a main Pantheon Buffet Restaurant and The Karnayio Snack Bar - as well as four pool bars offering a variety of snacks, drinks and cocktails. Three night bars are also available. The Aliathon Plaza located at the front of the Holiday Village and operates four of the best restaurants in Paphos, including the Aegeon Greek Restaurant, the Mezedogonia Cypriot Taverna, the Poco Loco Mexican Cantina and the "Mare e Monti" Italian Restaurant. It also offers two pubs and two bar-clubs where the Aliathon Holiday Village guests and local residents are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aliathon Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aliathon Holiday Village Hotel Paphos
- Aliathon Village Paphos
- Holiday Village Aliathon