“3rd year at the beautiful Aliathon, once again absolutely fantastic!!!”

Aliathon Holiday Village
Ranked #27 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Aliathon for the first two weeks of May 2014, this was our third year here, and we had the most wonderful holiday once again. Please be assured that this is the best hotel ever!! We have been to many places, especially before my daughter was born, and none of them even compare to here. We always said we would never visit a place more than once, and here we are back from our third holiday and already booked to go next May as well.
Once experiencing the Aliathon, you will want to go back, and Cyprus too is enchanting and welcomes one with open arms.
As usual, the Aliathon's staff were absolutely fantastic this year. Thank you so much to you all. Georgie is fantastic and is always there to help and have a chat with, along with Stelios they create the best experience for their guests. Nothing is ever a problem or issue, and if you do have any issues while on holiday here, please, please, please !! just ask the staff to help and give them a chance to try and resolve the problem and not just moan about it afterwards on trip advisor.
Thanks to Pinap-'PAUL' at the light house bar, the greatist bar man ever. He is always happy and ready for a laugh and really understands the Bristish sense of humour. He really made my families holiday experience even better, especially my husband's, as he always made us smile.
All the staff are brilliant, from reception to house keeping. The rooms are kept immaculately clean and all staff obviously take great pride in their work and have the best work ethic and genuinely want to provide their guests' with the best customer service ever.
The grounds and pools are beautiful and of course all the kids (including big kids) love the splash pool.
The food is lovely, do not worry. I am taking my mum next year who is the fussiest eater ever and doesn't even understand what spice is, and I am absolutely sure she will not have a problem finding lots to eat, and I know if she did, the staff would not hesitate to help. There is so much variation. The buffet restaurant is filled with choice morning, lunch and dinner. The greek restaurant was lovely, lamb shank absolutely stunning, and service brilliant. The Mexican was fine and a change. Do not listen to negative reviews regarding food as they are just not accurate, and if the food is ever cold, just tell the staff and they will rectify any problems. We also ate at the Italian restaurant this year, the hotel has now started giving money off vouchers for this, which is a great addition, and all I can say is wow, wonderful food, ambiance and company, well worth a try if you want a really lovely evening meal.
Even though the whole complex is beautiful, I personally prefer the fishing village, but do not worry if staying in the Agean side as that looks just as beautiful, just not as busy. So if you want a quieter time that side is probably better.
The first choice reps, well this year you were all amazing, thank you. You were all so motivated and genuinely wanted all your guests to have the best time. My daughter didn't take part in the kids clubs, she's three and still stays with mummy and daddy, but if she did want to go, I wouldn't have had any worries or concerns. The reps were constantly doing activities for all ages, young and old, and were always happy and provided a great atmosphere.
The entertainment at night, I personally think is great. People moan about it, but it's fine, kids love 'I 5 live' and the Widgets, my daughter was in her element every night. The sound was a little loud at times, but didn't bother me, and I could hear what was being said. I know the management are addressing the sound issues, and are getting sound specialists in to see if any improvements can be made. That's the beauty of this hotel as the management really do listen to their guests concerns and opinions and always try and resolve any problems. However, I didn't have any concerns with sound or quality of entertainment, all was fine. The evening venue was new for us this year as it was refurbished last year and it's fantastic.
For all those parents groaning about the arcade area being by the evening entertainment and in sight of kids, stop being tight and put your hands in your pockets and just buy some tokens. My daughter had so much fun on these machines and yes they cost a Euro each, but you're on holiday, everything else is all inclusive, so I don't see why it's such a hassle to have this arcade where it is.
This year we went to Paphos water park, which literally is just a five minute walk from the hotel. It's so worth a visit and the familiy slide is great and different. It was great for all ages, we were worried my daughter would be a little young, but she had plenty to keep her occupied there. They also took some lovely professional photos during the day, so take a little extra cash for that. The food and drink was quite expensive there, but no more so than any other place like this!
All I would add is, if you are in any doubt about booking, don't.....just do it and you won't regret it. If you've been on holiday here and didn't enjoy it, you either didn't give the hotel chance by telling them about your issues and letting them try and rectify them, or you're just a moaner who wouldn't be satisfied staying anywhere. This place really is stunning and we hold a special place in our heart for the Aliathon.
See you next year Aliathon, with mum and dad, all of us are so excited and wish it was sooner. Look forward to seeing you, Stelios, Georgie and all. From the Whitehouse family with lots and lots of love.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank WhitehouseFamily_13
AliathonPafos_Cyprus, Guest Relations Manager at Aliathon Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Whitehouse Family,

Firstly we would like to say we are so honoured to have support and loyalty from such wonderful guests. We are so proud to read all of your hugely motivating feedback and about your overall holiday experience at the Aliathon.

One of the main goals at the Aliathon is to provide customer service that will ensure that our guests know we are here to listen and to make any improvements that they recommend making sure that they return the following years to see their improvement ideas in place. It is with great pride to read that not only do you no longer have any more improvement ideas for us but that you do not hesitate to return to our Holiday Village Aliathon year on year.

We look forward to welcoming your family back for the 4th visit!! Please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Where do I start, this hotel is amazing! We stayed here for 10 days to celebrate a close friends wedding and loved it from the off. The food on offer every day was lovely, always enough choice (even for the kids) and fresh. The desserts were too die for! The bbq was our favourite food though and we appreciated the a la carte restaurants and the themed nights in the restaurants, especially chocolate fountain night!!

There is a decent variety of all inclusive drinks on offer but be aware this ends at midnight every day and then you have to start paying.

Our check in process was simple as we were given a form to complete on our transfer, we handed this over at the desk and got our wrist bands, we already had our room keys with us. We were taken to our room by one of the reps and the hotel staff followed with our cases. Straight away we noticed that all the staff were friendly and accommodating.

We generally stayed around the resort throughout our stay as there was enough going on to keep the kids occupied and for us to relax. The welcome meeting wasnt very informative for us (we had no kids) - it was all children based really, but that didnt put us off exploring.

The apartments were nice and well equipped, we had 4 adults sleeping in our room and there was enough space etc for us all to live comfortably for 10 days. The rooms were clean and refreshed every day with new towels etc. However, there did seem to be a few infestations of ants but we let the main reception know and within half an hour someone was in our room cleaning it.

The gym and spa facilities were good too, we used these while we were there.

The complex is huge but I would say this is an advantage as it means guests arent living on top of each other and allows enough for people to do. The reps and the staff serve the hotel well and are a credit to the company.

We did an all day quad biking excursion with a guy called Chris Andreiou (excuse the spelling) after doing some research on the internet and couldnt recommend this enough! One of the best days of my life!! Luckily there was only the 5 of us in our group on our excursion and the tour guide which made the day feel more personal and interesting, we drove 85 miles around the island and got to see so many wonderful things...if your into this sort of thing, go for it!

Entertainment is provided every night in the main hall which is great to keep the kids occupied while you have a drink, but be aware there is a mini arcade which requires tokens which are 1 euro each. it costs a fortune to keep kids happy, never seen so many bouncy balls in all my life!

But overall, I loved this hotel and I loved this holiday. Would definitely stay here again :-)

P.S you dont need to take travel plugs if travelling from the UK

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura_S_D_11

Dear Laura,

We are so pleased that you have fallen in love with Cyprus and thoroughly enjoyed your holiday at our Holiday Village Aliathon. We thank you for providing our future guests with all of your feedback and ideas of things to do.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aliathon Holiday Village in the near future. Please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Aliathon Holiday Village with my wife and 3 year old son.

Check in experience was very smooth, we were given a pack from the firstchoice rep outside the airport with our room details and welcome information, this made matters very efficient when we arrived at the hotel where we were taken straight to our room in a golf buggy!

Our room was located in the fishing village, it was clean and comfortable and had a nice big balcony overlooking the bowling green, if I had one small criticism it would be that the wardrobe / storage space was fairly limited for 3 people.

The hotel itself is fantastic with large swimming pools and terrace areas, my son loved the splash pool especially the pirate boat! Again if I had one small criticism it would be the reserving of sun beds, I sadly witnessed one man out at 11pm one evening reserving his beds for the next day! The hotel should ideally enforce some rules here as it's quite ridiculous, we were always lucky enough to find a sun bed most days but good luck to guests staying here in high season!

We found the food in the main restaurant to be very good, there was always plenty variety for both adults and children alike, our son can often be quite fussy but we always found something for him to eat.

The entertainment team work tirelessly all day and night, there is always something happening for all ages, special mention must go to the i5 live team of Myles, Hettie, Andrew, Charlotte and Alice who do a fantastic job.

To echo the comments of previous reviewers the 'arcade' located within entertainment area is poorly located and a real distraction, I hope the hotel take the concerns on board and relocate it.

Finally another special mention to 'Marina' in the adults bar who looked after me most nights when I escaped for a few quiet beers, Marina provides great service in lovely surroundings and is a credit to the hotel.

In summary, if your looking for a great family escape in fantastic and fun surroundings then look no further than here!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank innes77

Dear Innes,

Thank you for recommending our Holiday Village Aliathon as a great family escape in fantastic and fun surroundings!! We are so pleased that your family had such a great holiday experience with us!

We would like to assure you that all of your fantastic motivating feedback and constructive feedback ideas will be passed to the management and members of staff so thank you once again for your great review!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have not used Trip Advisor much but after going to the Rhodes Holiday Village and being thoroughly disappointed I wanted to leave some good reviews on some of the favourite places i have visited. The Holiday Village in Paphos is one of them. Paphos is one of our favourite places and we wanted to take our Mum and her friend to visit, after losing my Dad a few months before. None of us were disappointed at all. The area was lovely, so much to do and not far at all from a lovely walk along the beach to the harbour. You have all inclusive, and the food is lovely and so spacious that you don't feel like you are on top of eachother or fighting to get food. Also there are nice places to eat outside of the holiday village, especially Rimini's Ristorante down the road. Always makes us laugh and has great food. Our apartment was lovely and spacious and entertainment and first choice guys were great too. Such a shame that we couldn't say this about the 5* holiday village in Rhodes, we much preferred here and the Turkey Holiday Village. We are booking to go here again next Sept and hoping for the same room (1410 I think near the kids club so all 6 of us can have another fab holiay with more fab memories)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linz8

Dear Linz,

We are so happy to hear that you have found our Holiday Village to be one of the best you have visited and that you already plan to return to stay with us!

It is fantastic that the location and facilities around the Holiday Village was also a hit for your family. We thank you for sparing some time to write this review on our Trip Advisor page and for choosing to stay at our Holiday Village Aliathon for your vacation!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aliathon Holiday Village next September. Please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here with all my family in cot as my parents renewed they wedding vows there we will defo return fantastic place all staff were very nice & helpful food was luvly plenty of choice luved the BBQ at dinner times kids club was fantastical daughter was always there the only criticism was the night time entertainment needs more variety I think but all in all a fantastic place where I will n returning

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Ste04,

Thank you for your great review on our Trip Advisor page and for choosing to stay at our Holiday Village Aliathon for your vacation and special occasion.

We are so pleased to hear that your family had a fantastic holiday at the Aliathon and that you will definitely return to stay with us! Please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed at Aliathon Holiday Village for 1 week over Easter - we were recommended to stay there and it didn't disappoint. Village is well kept and very clean, staff and reps are very friendly. We stayed in the Ageon village which was lovely a quiet compared to the fishing village. We had a one bedroom apartment which was lovely and spacious, very clean - only one complaint balcony was on the small side. Food was good, good choice every night, plenty of choice for the children. Entertainment was excellent for younger kids, but not much for order children to do in the evening. Our daughter (5) loved kids club, lots of different things to do - also come back with things she's made or her face painted. Our son (7) went to the soccer school, and really enjoyed himself - well worth paying extra. We spend most of our time around the quiet pool which was lovely never had to put towels out early - always plenty of spare beds. Went to the fishing village pool one morning, which was carnage - no beds - really busy and kids running around screaming. Massive thanks to barman Alex (quiet pool) really friendly, great with the kids - ours loved him. Only disappoint was all the Pools were freezing! Kids didn't seem to mind though. Overall holiday was lovely we will defiantly to returning. And would recommend to families with younger children. .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank claire w

Dear Claire,

We are so happy to read about your family’s wonderful holiday at the Aliathon! It is great to hear that the Aegean Village was your favourite especially the Lagoon Pool! We thank you for all of your kind comments and praise about our Holiday Village.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Aliathon in the near future and please feel free to email any special requests you may have prior to your next arrival and be assured we will do our upmost best to fulfil them for you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We are just back from staying here for 1 week. We stayed in the aageon village room no 602 and which is a superior 1 bedroom apartment and what a fantastic location right at the pool and the pool bar is footsteps away so would def recommend requesting this room, also it is right beside the plaza so 60 seconds and ur at the shops, it was good also being in the aageon village as it much quieter than the fishing village. Only thing I would say is there is no snack bar in aageon village and I did mention to the manager that it was a disappointment however if I go back would def stay here again. The food was okay some nights better than others they don't have a pizza section or do soup which was a downside as my kids love pizza and any other AI hotel I stayed in always had pizza. The snack bar wasn't great come early afternoon there was only ever chips and fish fingers or chicken nuggets put out which I thought as it ran till 6pm all choices should still be available. Not great choice on AI drinks I normally drink rosso which was not available again not had this problem at any other hotels the red wine wasn't very nice either ended up buying my own bottles from supermarket. We dined in the Greek tavern food wasn't great, we also dined in Mexican restaurant which was really nice and the staff where great with our children would def go back there, only other thing was we were travelling with a 15month old and the pool outside was freezing so baby could not go in so we tried to get into the indoor pool and children where not allowed found this very frustrating, the kids waterpark was great tho. Evening entertainment was okay the first choice team did try their best it's just the sound is terrible however I was informed management where aware of this and have been looking into fixing it, excursions are quite pricey we ended up hiring a car for three days and went to ayia napa, Limassol, polis etc Cyprus is such a beautiful country would recommend hiring a car, harbour is a 20 minute walk from hotel along the beach front, overall had a fantastic holiday and the down points didn't spoil it already looking to book up for next year and can I just say all the staff at aliathon are so friendly and polite they have great staff working for them.

Room Tip: Ask for 602 in aageon village great if your a pool buddy