The facilities in this hotel were excellent for children. Lorraine (English, from Reception team) provided a first class, friendly babysitting session one night, and the Creche team were absolutely faultless, and bonded very quickly with our 2 toddlers (1 and 2 years old) enabling us to have each morning to ourselves. Our children throroughly enjoyed themselves, both with Lorraine and the Creche staff. Food was 'average' but plentiful. There were plenty of organised activities and the general cleanliness of the hotel was very good.
Minor grumbles were:
1) There were not enough parasols around the 'quieter' pools (Agean pools) - however, Reception staff were happy to steal one from a 'bagged-probably-since-7am-but-still-empty' sunbed for us and move it to our chosen spot.
2) The food started off nice (we were all inclusive) however it then took a nose-dive. For example, one morning there were brussel sprouts alongside the fried eggs, and diners were given what was quite clearly leftover wedding canapes one evening, which although was a nice thought, was also a little offensive too.
3) A large Cypriot wedding took over the entire entertainment area on Friday night and the only entertainment was a Bouncy castle round the pool area, which is firstly, not safe for kids to run around and secondly, not a very big area. On the Saturday night there was a Cypriot Cocktail party, again, in the main entertainment area, and yet again, the holiday-makers were moved to the pool area, and a cheesy kids disco was played instead of the usual entertainment. This also had a knock-on effect at breakfast time with the Cypriot wedding invititees also dining, in large groups, making it difficult to get to food and also find a highchair. We witnessed several people having problems with this too, one lady had twin toddlers and couldn't find a highchair at all.
Considering the all-inclusive price that we paid for this holiday, we were quite unhappy to 'make way' for 'other' business, in what is supposed to be a First Choice exclusive hotel during the summer, when it was clearly fully booked.
4) The Pirate pool, with all the water activity toys in it, only came on at around 11am and then went off around 4pm. It would have been better if they came on at around 9:30, when kids are usually desparate to get out and play, and the sun is still low enough for them to do so.
Aside from these points, the hotel grounds are going to be very impressive, the staff were EXTREMELY accomodating and polite, and we had a good stay - more importantly, the facilities for childcare were fantastic and could not in any way be faulted. We would like to return but perhaps on B&B next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aliathon Holiday Village in Paphos, Cyprus is an oasis of beauty and tranquillity oriented towards families and couples interested in high quality holidays. The Aliathon Holiday Village comprises of two themed villages, the Aegean and the Fishing Village, set in an estate of 14 hectares, as well as the Aliathon Plaza collection of restaurants and bars. We are very proud of taking care of our guests in an exceptional way and we are the winners of the Gold Choice Award by TUI/First Choice UK for the best Holiday Village in the world in our category. The Aliathon Holiday Village is ideally situated in the resort of Kato Paphos, Cyprus, just 15 minutes from the Paphos International Airport and only 150 meters from the beach. The picturesque fishing harbour and the historical fort of Paphos are within a short stroll from the Aliathon Holiday Village. During your stay at the Aliathon you will be hosted in one of the 287 elegant apartments consisting of studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom independent apartments designed using traditional Greek island architecture offering a total capacity of about 1000 guests. The rooms include amenities such as air conditioning, fully-equipped kitchens, private terraces and balconies, Wi-Fi internet connection and secure parking. The rooms are set among gardens planted with orange, lemon, olive and palm trees, as well as roses, bougainvilleas, lilies and other Cyprus plantings. The Aliathon Holiday Village distinguishes itself in terms of the quality of its recreational and leisure facilities. Guests can swim in four outdoor pools, including the largest pool in Cyprus sized at 3,000 m2, and a mini waterpark (splash pool) featuring a variety of water slides which is always a great hit with the younger visitors. They also have available kids club, creche and Teenagers Club with different activities and animations. The athletic facilities at the Aliathon include two Bowling Green courts, floodlit tennis court, mini-football court, archery range, on site scuba diving, table tennis and game rooms. A unique feature of the hotel is the High Rope Park, the only one in Cyprus--where guests can try their hand at rope climbing and acrobatics, under trained supervision. The Faros Spa offers intense relaxation with a fully-equipped fitness centre that includes a steam bath, sauna, hair salon, three spa treatment rooms and an indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi (whirlpool). The Aliathon Holiday Village provides a full range of dining options. The Holiday Village include two restaurants-a main Pantheon Buffet Restaurant and The Karnayio Snack Bar - as well as four pool bars offering a variety of snacks, drinks and cocktails. Three night bars are also available. The Aliathon Plaza located at the front of the Holiday Village and operates four of the best restaurants in Paphos, including the Aegeon Greek Restaurant, the Mezedogonia Cypriot Taverna, the Poco Loco Mexican Cantina and the "Mare e Monti" Italian Restaurant. It also offers two pubs and two bar-clubs where the Aliathon Holiday Village guests and local residents are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aliathon Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aliathon Holiday Village Hotel Paphos
- Aliathon Village Paphos
- Holiday Village Aliathon