“excellent family trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Lancashire
“excellent family trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

is We have just returned from a week at the Aliathon Holiday Village I Booked this as A surprise for my Husbands birthday after reading the reviews. On arrival we where issued with our room key's on the coach we where then taken by a Golf buggy to our Room. When I booked the holiday I was told we would be in the Agean Village but on arrival we had been given an upgrade to a two bed Deluxe Room in the Fishing Village it was lovely, With my child only being 18 months we needed a hotel that catered for families before I booked the holiday a couple of people said this hotel might not be the right choice but I am so glad I didn't listen the pools are all shallow for as far as you can walk so we had no had worries of him jumping in at the deep end end having to watch every move it was relaxing knowing we could just sit and watch him he absolutely loved the water sides we didn't use the kids Creche but from what I have herd its great, I give the Reps every credit they work hard both day and night to entertain you, there is so much or as little as you want to do my husband took part in a couple of the activities during the day. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone but request the Fishing Village as its newer and looks nicer although the other side is equally as nice its just not got all the modern decor and electronic Gadgets I found all the staff to be friendly and out and about people are friendly and very family oriented by far the best European holiday We have ever had 5******

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

Just back from fortnight at holiday village. We stayed in the Kids Suite in the Fishing Village - fantastic rooms - kids bedroom decorated with bean bags etc and my son just loved his room. The resort staff were great, very friendly and really worked hard - the Kids Club was well orgnanised/themed & great fun. The pool, splash park -all the amenities were in great order & very clean. We stayed all inclusive and no issue with the food at breakfast & lunch, but compared to other holidays found the evening service disappointing - a bit school dinners - we just ate out more - especially as my husband is veggie so limited options - overall great family holiday - loved the fact you could push into Paphos along the coast road & see the sunset on an evening. Had one treatment in the Spa which was fantastic - other thing to be aware of a lot of weddings at the weekends which can take over a lot of the resort etc so can feel a bit intrusive - and I know a lo tof people who were eating on site complained about that as it caused queues with people trying to get seated.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

Hi,we returned from the holiday village aliathion on sept 30th.We were gutted to leave! Our party was 8 adults,4 children under 9yrs and 2 infants under 1.The kids suites in the new fishing village were brilliant. The food was lovely on the whole, there was always something that everyone liked.The staff and reps was smashing, they work so hard to please and want you to enjoy your holiday. will definantly go back !. Down side though is the local tourist shops are ridiculas prices eg 15 euro,s for a small pack of nappies, also they tend to be rude and unhelpful nr the hotels,also we,ve never met such ignorant taxi drivers,not one spoke or conversated,just let cyprus down really.

Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

We are a 50 yr old couple who tavelled without children. We wanted to be at the east side of Pafos to be near friends as we were all attending a wedding. I hasten to add the wedding was not at The Aliathon.
We thought we made a good choice. We booked independantly and booked AI and were told we were to be allocated the Fishing Village. Upon arrival we were told no rooms at The Fishing Village were available but we would be given one when one became free.
So we got a one bed apt in the Ageaen part which is older and not as nice on the eye as the newer part.
First impressions were so so but I have to say, the interior of our apt was spot on. It was modern and crisp and although the bathroom was a little dated it was fine. We had 2 balconies and spent every evening on one sipping wine before going for a meal.
The reception told us after 2 days we could move to Fishing Village but we had unpacked and were happy with the apt.
We enjoyed using the Fishing Village pool which was quiet most of the time. We too were surprised at how many kids were there thinking it would be quieter but the only time theyy bothered us was at the night time entertainment when a few ran riot.
We thought the entertainment team did a really great job, Well Done Guys.
We were surprised at the quality of the restaurant and food and enjoyed every meal we had there.
There were Cypriot weddings and christenings on the weekends we were there.We thought they added a bit of feel good factor to the place and if so many locals wanted to use the Aliathon for weddings etc then surely that is compliment to the place.
Finally, a lot of our friends stayed All Inclusive in nearby hotels and when they saw our accomodation all of them said they wished they were staying at the Aliathon.
We are parents who used to take our kids abroad at a young age and I would imagine you would be hard pressed to find another kids place as good as this.
Oh and must say, the reception staff were first class.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary73
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

We booked the Aliathon on the basis of some of the past reviews and we were not disappointed.

We were located in the Fishing Village in a studio apartment. It was spacious, well equiped, comfortable (beds were the best EVER and air con adjustable to almost freezing - well needed!), clean and ideal for what we needed. Although we were only two people, it would have easily slept a third on the massive sofa bed. We saw the apartments in the Agean Village and they looked, from the outside to be clean and tidy and the area was certainly quieter than the Fishing Village.

Our flights with Thompson (booked through First Choice package) we as expected as the airline isn't renouned for business class travel. We had enough leg room compared to other airlines and the service and films were good. I was actually sat in front of the guy who had his leg smashed by the trolley on the outbound flight and con confirm that air hostess appeared to be trying to beat Louis Hamilton's spead record but I did infact recline me seat through out the journey and so obviously wasn't that noticable! The only quibble that we had was that our flight time meant that we didn't arrive at the the resort in time for dinner (we were put on the wrong coach as so didn't have quite as speedy check in as others although not really a problem) and having not had a meal on the flight we were starving!

We booked on an all inclusive basis, as we have done for the last three years and we were pleasantly suprised by the quality and choice of the food. We heard a couple of people around the pool moaning about 'the slop' - if you're a fussy eater you shouldn't book all inclusive. Every breakfast there's a good choice of bread, cheese, ham and cereal as well as full cooked breakfast (including proper English pork sausages!) and freshly cooked omlettes. At lunch and dinner there's an amazing array of fresh salad (including the best olives!) and cheeses as well as cooked hot meals and pizza and chips for the kids and fussy eaters! The drinks in the restaurant are self serve which is great as you don't have to wait for a waiter, and like me can help yourself to as much as you like - the wines are also really nice which was surprising for an all inclusive.

We also took advantage of the two A La Carte restaurants. The mexican was surprisingly good and the Greek was yum!

I would agree with a couple of the comments about the state of the main pool. Some of the tiles are coming away from the bottom of the pool but this in no way created a problem or distacted from the asthetics of the pool area.

The resort itself is highly geard to children and although we booked out of season there were still quite a few kids about. They were kept well entertained by the entertainment staff who get 10/10 for effort. There is always something going on if you want to join in although they don't pester you to do so. I would certainly recommend this resport to my friends who have children. The evening entertainment was good and kept most people entertained.

There were a couple of weddings whilst we were there and they didn't particularly in the way. We still had acess to all the normal facilities and infact it was quite nice to see!

The walk into Paphos is just over 30 mins and is a nice walk - but not in the heat of the day! We didn't eat out (due to the enjoyment we got from the all inclusive!) but prices looked to be similar to at home - except beer which was about €2 a pint!

All in all, I'd say that if you're looking for an enjoyable holiday and you're not expecting a 7* hotel in Dubai this is the place for you! Book it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank LWOL
north wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

I don't normally write reviews. I tend to just look at them!! but having read some of the poor reviews thought I would write one to stop people who have booked at the ALiathon from panicing! We came home from the Aliathon this morning after a week. We took a 4 year old and had a fantastic time. We had booked only 2 weeks ago and were lucky enough to get a 2 bedroom apartment in the Aegean village. (we hadn't specified 2 bed!) the room was fully refurbished and was enormous with a brand new kitchen, new furniture and ensuite bathroom. I can only think the previous reviewer was very unlucky or we were very lucky. I agree the entertainment at night wasn't fantastic but hey you are in a hotel aimed at families with young children so it is going to be aimed at them. The entertainment staff were very enthusiastic and during the day there were plenty of activities to while away the day ranging from lawn bowls, wine tasting, quiz's water polo, you could even have a go walking in a ball on the water!! We more then got our monies worth from the splash pool and slides in the kids pool. Even when they turned of the water we had to drag our little girl out. Yes there were a couple of weddings while we were there but I didn't feel pushed out. One wedding (the one probably referred to by the previous reviewer) was the owner/managers son and was a huge affair (but I don't think it encroached on our entertainment) and hey if you owned a hotel and your son was getting married wouldn't you pull out all the stops!! So my advice is if you have kids especially under 8 go to the Aliathon you won't find a nicer hotel that isn't noisy and overrun with kids whilst at the same time catering for them.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mumfromwales
Rochester, Kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

The Aliathon is a great place particularly for a family holiday. I went for 11 nights with my 3 year old daughter and she loved it, and so did I!!!! Couldn't get her out of the splash pool apart from when she went to Kids Club!! The reps were all really great, the kids club was fantastic. I had a one bedroom apartment in the Fishing Village, with an enormous balcony which you could have easily had a party on lol!! The food was OK in the main buffet restaurant but to be honest by the 2nd week was a bit repetitive. The real downside to the holiday village, that it has been advertised as a wedding venue, so at the weekends, the locals descend and the paying guests do feel pushed out. Otherwise I would definitely go back and would highly recommend it.