“Amazing !!! Ten out of Ten :)”

Aliathon Holiday Village
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Worcestershire
“Amazing !!! Ten out of Ten :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

We stayed at the Aliathon on our honeymoon for the second week of June 2010, we travelled with our 3 children aged 7, 5 and 20 months. We honestly could not have asked for a better holiday/honeymoon. We stayed in the Fishing Village in a 1 bedroom apartment, which had 2 levels, the kids staying in twin beds upstairs and us on sofa beds downstairs and our little one in a travel cot, which looked brand new.

We were taken on arrival to our room one one of their little golf buggys which my kids still rave about they thought it was so much fun - and the staff at reception and the porters couldnt do enough to help you, alway with massive smiles even the maids who were in every day apart from sunday were always waving and smiling at the kids.

The apartment had 2 bathrooms and the biggest balcony i have ever seen, with a table 4 chairs and 2 sun loungers !!! We overlooked the kids "pirate ship" pool and this was fantastic for our kids........and us !! I cant find fault with the rooms, I know previous reviews have moaned about the agean rooms but you couldnt ask for a better room than in the fishing village. The air con was perfect, every time we walked in the room we breathed a sigh of relief and it didnt go off as other reviews have suggested so dont know what happened to them. The rooms had everything including 2 TVs (with many english channels and a good kids one), a dvd player, well stocked kitchen with fridge, microwave oven , toaster and plates etc.........

The pools are amazing, we pretty much stayed round the kids pirate pool or the main fishing village pool as there was so much going on. The reps work tirelessly and offer a massive variety of activities by the pool, inclusing a fun daily quiz, hamster water ball, shuffleboard, archery...the list was endless but they dont badger you to get involved just let u know whats on and when.

On subject of the reps, they were always about to answer questions, chatting to families etc and super friendly. Cant comment on kids club as ours were too busy to go but it looked like they had loads going on and all the kids seemed to buzz round the reps day and night. The evening entertainment was brilliant, really good fun for the kids with prizes, games and dancing every night, cant fault it at all. We didnt stay for adult entertainent as we had to get little ones to bed but sounded like some great fun things were going on....and of course bingo !!!!

The food was fantastic !!! Me and my husband have come back a stone heavier between us lol as there was soooo much choice !!! I hadnt been al inclusive before and I would definately go again on the basis of what we had at the Aliathon. There was massive choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a huge range of drinks in the restaurant and at all the bars, there was also plenty of ice cream and daytime snacks, including sandwiches, pastas, salads etc not just the burgers and hotdogs that people expect.

All in all we had the honeymoon of a lifetime and to anyone who found fault with the place must have been looking super hard - I would definately stay in the fishing village again like a shot, and Paphos itself was beautiful and the people are so friendly, loads of shops and restaurants to chose from and we walked the half hour down the harbour one night which was definately worth the walk.........all in all : Perfect !! :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank danny8719

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Derby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

We have just returned from 2 fantastic weeks at the Aliathon Village. This is my first review but because I have seen some not so positive reviews I wanted to take the time to reassure anyone who is about to go, what a fantastic complex it is.

From the minute you arrive you are looked after from the friendly hotel staff and first choice reps (thanks gorgeous Joe!). We arrived late at night and were transported to our rooms in the fishing village by golf buggy which really took the strain out of dragging our cases. As it was after midnight the all inclusive was not available however in the rooms you have tea, coffee and crackers with jam to welcome you! Top tip given by another TA reviewer is to take a water bottle and keep filling it from the many water fountains dotted around the complex.

The rooms in the fishing village are impeccable. Really spacious with good accessories. (You even get bath robes although the temperatures when we were there meant they were never usedl!) The kitchen is well equipped although if you go all inclusive you wont really get to use these things much. If you have children and are staying in the fishing village be aware that in the little store cupboards on the ground floor you will find inflatables and water toys that other families have left behind- so take a look.

The buffet food in the main restaurant was wonderful. The choice could not be faulted. At breakfast from continental cheese and meat, cereal, fruit, to Full English. My favorite breakfast was the omelets made to order - Yum! Lunch can be eaten by the pool bar which serves hot dogs, sandwiches, desserts or again in the main restaurant. Here the choice of salads, pasta, salmon, seafood as well as hot food such as moussaka is out of this world. Evening selection was again really good (there were children favorites such as nuggets or fish fingers available) but the variety of other dishes is plentiful such as roast beef and yorkshire puds to greek lamb and pork dishes or fish too. You are spoilt for choice but if you are getting a little bored of the routine in the evening try the Mexican or Greek taverna which we found both equally good. On a Saturday night they have a special Greek night with dancers which was also really enjoyable.

The all inclusive drink selection is also really good from cocktails, wine (which really is ok) beer and spirits. You have to pay extra for slush or crisps if your little ones insist! But they do some children s cocktails which are popular- and free!

Now to the best bit, the first choice staff who make the holiday so fantastic for children and adults alike.

If you have a little one under 3yrs I would highly recommend the creche. Although you have to pay extra, simply to know your child has such fun (out of the sun) whilst you get a chance to sunbath or read a book is fantastic for both of you! I would like to personally thank Laura, Leanne Kate and Aimee for being so attentive to my daughter.

My son age 8 also had a fantastic time doing highropes, raft building, archery, karting, aeroball ....... and the list goes on. Thanks Kayley, Alex, Carter, Craig.

Now I cannot forget to mention Angela and her team who provide first class entertainment throughout the day and night. Welsh Amy is a superstar as are all the others Sarah, Richard, Rix, Aaron and there are many more too..... Angela is so friendly and entertaining we all miss her especially my daughter age 2.

Bored you will not be.... join in the activities even if you normally wouldn't - it adds to the holiday fun. ENJOY!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Ramsandscouser
Coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

Let me start by saying that this was our 3rd Holiday Village (Majorca and Turkey before) and we are sold on this idea and looking online for next year already. This time we were not disappointed.

After a very short transfer time (20-25 mins I guess) we arrived at the hotel at 9pm and after a speedy check-in we were able to run (I mean run!) to the restuarant before it closed at 9.30pm - whilst our bags were taken to our room by the porter. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly despite us being the last ones there and the food was great. This theme continued for the 11 days we were there and we never got bored with the food on offer. Some of the best all inclusive we have ever seen.

We stayed in the Aegean Village and were very impressed with our room. It was very spacious and offered everything we could want. 3-pin plugs were a real bonus. The aircon worked well on both hot and cold as it could get a little chilly in the evenings in May. The resort itself was immaculate and could not be faulted in any way.

As much as we loved this hotel, the entertainment team were what really made this holiday special for us. The whole team tried their best to get everyone involved in the daytime activities and we really looked forward to the midday quiz by the pool (even though we were rubbish!). The kids clubs were the best we have seen and offered plenty of chance to lose our daughter for a couple of hours. The evening entertainment was of a very high standard (especially given the limitations of the resort - more later) and the whole team (led by Angela) truly gave their all each evening. Those deserving a special mention were Alex, Kayleigh, Craig, Aaron, Carter, Angela, Rich, Rob, Sarah, Laura , Richard and Amy (our favourite) - sorry if we missed anyone. True professionals!

I think our only niggle was the fact that the room for the evening entertainment needed 'finishing'. When we arrived it had no roof (although this was done while we were there), it had only a rough concrete floor and what looked like a 'makeshift' bar at the back. The new tin roof and the concrete floor did not help the acoustics and meant the entertainment team had to work esoecially hard to be heard. Once this room has been completed (with more speakers perhaps) then the resort would be perfect.

1 Thank NiamhsDad
jumborich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

First off, let me start by saying that we had a great time. The Hotel and First Choice staff worked hard to sort out any requests. The play pool (or "pirate ship pool" as my 4-year-old son referred to it) is superb for kids. Some pretty tasty slides, chutes and general water mayhem. Most of the cannons were out of action unfortunately, but that didn't seem to bother the littluns too much.

The resort itself is glorious. Lovely and clean and new. A few weddings took place while we were there. It was very picturesque.

I can't comment on the kids club as we couldn't convince our boy to go, but from seeing them marching about in various costumes, this too looked to be great fun for them. And of course a break for the parents if they're lucky enough!

We went self-catering, although there was an all-inclusive option. I would say that if you want to have a few beers during the day, and aren't too worried about venturing out to try out some restaurants by the harbour, then all-inclusive would probably be better value for money. We wanted a bit more flexibilty. The hotel food was perfectly acceptable (we tried it one night), but the ambience was a bit "canteen" for my tastes. Nothing really wrong with it, just a personal preference I guess.

So on to the negatives...

To start with, the electricity in the room was on a motion sensor. So long as you kept moving about, the electric would stay on for around 20-30 minutes after it had spotted movement. Hmmmm.... Not great if you're watching telly in bed!

And this isn't right. The fridge was on the same motion sensor! This means if you left the room, the fridge would stop after about 20 minutes. We didn't realise this until after a few days, and there was nothing (they said) they could do about it. Please DO do something about it!

The shower was pretty shocking too. The little jets on our shower head were all over the place, with one of them applying a stinging amount of pressure to the skin. Maybe we were just unlucky here.

Another grumble that I wish someone could find an answer to is that of people "reserving" their sunbeds by sticking a towel on it 3 hours before they get there. The problem is that I ended up having to do the same thing (I didn't mess about, I was reserving my spot at 7am in the end!). It felt so ridiculous, but what can you do? I think a bit of policing is required. I was very tempted I can tell you to move some of the towels and then blame it on one of the staff.... Oooh, very tempting.

Speaking of which, the kids pool did need a lifeguard. No real drowning concerns, but you would often see them climbing the wrong way up a slide. I even saw one girl climbing round the outside of one of the chutes.

For me, the evening entertainment was a little lacking. It was held in what I can only describe as a B&Q warehouse without the flooring! The accoustics were awful, and despite the reps best efforts to put on a show, it never really worked for me. If you like bingo though, you're in luck. Every other day I think... Off to bed for me!

In conclusion, it was a great holiday. We had a really nice time, mainly because my son really enjoyed himself. If they can sort out my niggles (and let's face it, none of them are biggies) then it would be one of the best hotels around in my book.

1 Thank jumborich
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

We stayed in a deluxe studio in the fishing village. The room exceeded our expectations, it was well specced and very clean etc. Only slight problem was a noisy fridge which woke us up a couple of times but this is now being put right. The activities for families are excellent, and we were particularly impressed with the staff (hotel and first choice) who couldn't do enough for you. The food was a pleasent surprise, there was plenty of choice in the main buffet restaurant and it was generally very good. On Saturday nights they feed everyone in the Greek restaurant instead of the main one and they put on greek dancing etc. and plenty of ouzo which is good fun! The entertainment is great for kids, though it gets a little repetetive for the adults after a few nights. Overall this is one of the best holidays we've had and we'd definitely go back - highly recommended.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

Spent ages reading reviews when decided holiday so thought best to comment on holiday with 18 month and 4 year old, choosing resort primarily for their enjoyment. After reading reviews booked Fishing village but would have been equally happy to stay in Aegean as whole resort is lovely and very well looked after. The plus for us was fishing village is closer to splash pool and kids clubs. First Choice reps work hard to ensure you have a great time and all were friendly & helpful. Our youngest loved the crèche and the girls were great with him and looked after his needs as well as any nursery at home. If my wife was writing this, she’d enthuse about the helpfulness of crèche staff and name them all. Joshua enjoyed kids club were he made friends and looked forward to his time there. This was great as it gave us some free time to sunbath. Days were spent with boys in kids club in the morning, have lunch then go for a walk – they’d sleep and then take to the pool & playground. Each mealtime food was plentiful and varied enough so not become repetitive and we didn’t have a bad meal, though did have to hang around a while occasionally for a highchair. Every night there was entertainment and both boys were in their element, the First Choice team work hard to give children & adults a bit of something and it works well. Hotel does offer plenty for adults with their own bar (up by lighthouse) gym, sauna, indoor & outdoor pools and daytime activities. There are wedding groups but these seem to go with the always something happening feel of the place and proved fun when time for games, quizzes. I’d recommend to any families but feel couples would prefer a stay elsewhere – kid free and closer to heart of Paphos with the harbour a 35 min walk along the sea front away. There is a parade of shops with couple of bars; supermarket and restaurants just outside also a small beech relatively close across the road and down side of hotel on the other side. We spent all but one day on resort as boys didn’t want to leave, catching bus no.15 to Coral Bay. Tip stay on bus until it completes journey at far end of beech as this seemed a lot nicer and more accessible with buggy. As with any trip abroad not everything about resort will be to your liking (plastic cups/ noisy restaurant etc) but you get these in the majority of hotels and in all honesty I could overlook any negative for all the good offered by resort & staff. To conclude we were more than happy with our choice, felt we got value for money and a fantastic time was had by all. We’ll book holiday village again but maybe somewhere closer next time, got the sense little one didn’t want to leave as a handful on flight home so will wait until he’s older before returning to Cyprus

Plymouth, Devon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

We arrived at the Aliathon to a very well organised team, suitcases labelled with room numbers and information packs handed out. The golf buggy was an experience which my son loved! The rooms are very clean with beautiful decoration. We stayed in the fishing village and were not dissapointed.
I have to say the entertainments team work very hard to ensure you have a fun packed holiday. Well done guys!!. My son aged 3 thoroughly enjoyed the kids club with Katie "Sunshine" he still sings the Kids club chant back at home. Evening entertainment is faultless with very talented staff who go out there way to talk and socialise with you.
Food was varied throughout the 2 weeks stay and again i could not find any faults. Just that my trousers were a little tighter !!
The only fault i could make was the doors to the apartments did not lock from the inside allowing small children to run free. We pushed the table up against the door at night time.
We have no doubt but to return for Summer 2011