“Perfect location for our wedding party”

Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments
Ranked #55 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Sheffield
“Perfect location for our wedding party”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We have just returned from my daughter's wedding in Cyprus. The wedding was at the Coral Beach Hotel in Coral Bay and the majority of the wedding party stayed at the Corallia Beach hotel and apartments complex next door - about 50 of us in total! We all had an absolutely brilliant time. Anthi, the hotel owner I think ,did her best to put us all together in apartments over looking the sea and what a view that is - absolutely spectacular. We all paid the £10 per person per day to upgrade to half board and that was such a good decision as eating out and drinks in Cyprus is so expensive and there was always something on the buffet style menu to suit everyone. The pool and gardens area is really spacious so no problem ever getting sunbeds - even ones all toghether for us all! The staff were all extremely friendly and there was even a waiter walking around all day bringing our drinks. The wedding was absolutely perfect and if anyone is thinking of a wedding abroad then I would highly recommend the Coral Beach hotel / Corallia Beach apartment complex combination.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank JT1Sheffield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
meggie_moo89
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel as our first holiday. My first impression was good but after half a day we found this hotel not up to standard. Our room first of all was fairly clean and got cleaned every couple of days but there were ants everywhere, i had to kill several every morning just to get to the bathroom, not a good start.
Living in britain we are not used to the heat of cyprus, in the evening we tried our air con in the room and it did nothing, this made it impossible to sleep in and made me highly crabby. We spoke to the manager and he didnt seem interested at all and nothing was done throughout our entire stay.
The breakfasts were poor and very basic, lunches were the best thing of the holiday, nice food and reasonably priced. Evening meals were 50/50 sometimes nice sometimes not.
The pool was great, very clean and always plenty of sun longers, and it was fab to have the beach so close. Highly recommend the snorkling.

Overall very poor hotel, i wouldnt recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank meggie_moo89
Gosport
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I like Corallia so much I've stayed there more than a dozen times. The situation is superb on the nicest bay I have found in Cyprus. The front balconies give views over the well kept gardens, the lovely clean pool and the headlands of the bay. A short stroll across the lawn, down to the beach and into the water; it's good for paddlers, splashers and serious swimmers. For snorkellers the underwater scenery and sea life are great.
There is good walking along the nearby coast and the splendid, unspoiled Akamas Peninsula is close at hand, with its nature trails for cyclists and walkers, wonderful coastline and beautiful scenery.
The bus terminal near to the hotel provides frequent and regular services to many desinations, including Paphos with its historical sites and lively atmosphere.
I have always found the staff at Corallia to be welcoming and helpful. The apartments are roomy and well serviced. There is a wide and plentiful variety of food in the pleasant self-service restaurant.
The number of patrons who return to Corallia year after year is testimony to its qualities.
I will be returning to Corallia later this year,
Andrew Culley

Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank MrAndriou
Cornwall
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Having read some of the reviews prior to staying at this hotel, I was a little worried that I had chosen the wrong hotel.
However. I found the hotel to our satisfaction. We had a Studio apartment on the ground floor, which was spacious, well equiped and suited our needs.
The location was perfect, it was peaceful and the staff were friendly.
Only a very short walk for a dip in the sea.
Bus stop on the doorstep, still only 1euro 50 into Paphos, really good value.
Weather was terrific and we would certainly return to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret47Cornwall
Northants
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Although initially given room 500 which was a very small 1st floor corner room, I was, after complaining, given a ground floor terrace room. A lot better, although due to large gap under the door insects and other creatures did have a habit of coming into the room. Cooking in room not encouraged, as only a frying pan supplied, no saucepans or trays for the oven.
Majority of staff very friendly and helpful, but this could not be said of the reception staff. Breakfasts had good selection of food and plenty available.
Hotel location good for the lovely beaches and also for walking. Bus stop right outside and fares very reasonable for getting into Paphos.
Weather could not have been better sunny with a light breeze the whole 3 weeks.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank NorthantsGerry
Kings Lynn
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Neither of us had visited Cyprus before. So we took the advice of a friend (who happens to be a travel agent). And we absolutely loved the place. The apartments quite large with a diner/lounge, bathroom and bedroom. We had a balcony looking over the sea, which was just a few metres from the hotel. The hotel has its own fabulous beach and swimming pool. I honestly could not fault the hotel in any way.
It is a little out-of-the-way but was was served by a regular bus. We had hired a car though and would recommend that anyone would do so anyway. The hotel food was a little basic/bland but it was only a 20minute walk to several bars/restaurants & shops. There are also plenty of small supermarkets should you wish to self-cater.
Definitely a hidden gem as you seldom see this place advertised. Perhaps they don;t need to as I would certainly recommend it to all and visit again myself.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MortyUK
Surrey
Reviewed 27 November 2009

I wouldn't normally write such a bad review, however because there are some okay reviews on here (which we were fooled by), I feel that I need to warn others who are considering staying at the Corallia Beach...

There is nothing good about this place I'm afraid, apart from room was big and there was a balcony. However you can get that almost anywhere else, so this is not really a plus point.

So, where do I start... Rude, unfriendly, and scruffy reception staff, terrible (and I mean really terrible) food together with equally rude restaurant/bar staff, decor is dated to say the least (not a major thing but definitely not how it looked in the brochure), the sewage smells around the place (including in your room) are awful, bedding with someone elses hair on it, rock hard beds, and a very noisy air-conditioning system which gives you a choice - A/C on and no sleep due to noise, or A/C off and no sleep due to heat. I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Thankfully this terrible hotel didn't spoil our holiday because instead of spending our days in or around the grimy pool (together with the unfriendly and over expensive pool service), we spent our days on the excellent beach - which is very good indeed.

I wouldn't consider returning to this hotel even if it was for free, and especially not when there are so many other good ones in the area which are not that much more expensive. Also to be honest the resort is not the best either (except for the beach). The whole area is like a really poor relation to nearby Paphos.

Take a holiday at the Corallia Beach at your own risk!

P.S. The last reviewer mentioned Fawlty Towers, which I found amusing. We also made Fawlty Towers references whilst we were staying there - and not in a good way either!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mr-winthorpe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
The Annabelle
The Annabelle
#12 of 85 in Paphos
Vrachia Beach Hotel & Suites

Been to Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!