“Fantastic Spa”

Crown Resorts Horizon
Ranked #64 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel so can't comment but I did use the Spa. Staff are all friendly and helpful. Such a relating experience and great value too.
I was able to use the other facilities, indoor pool, sauna & steam room. Great for a pamper day. Worked out well as the weather wasn't great so this was just perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Brian T
There are newer reviews for Crown Resorts Horizon

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was introduced to this hotel by a friend of my wife who had recently visited and recommended it.I contacted the hotel and asked about disabled facilities. I was absolutely amazed to receive a return email detailing all the adaptations to a disabled room with full measurements. This email stated that they had 12 especially adapted rooms and confirmed that I could access all areas.
Imagine my surprise to go there and to find it was just as they had described with the addition of staff who accepted me in my wheelchair like any other holidaymaker. Over the five days we were there I found it to be a wonderful change from other hotels with a complete acceptance of my disability and a willingness to do all they could to make my stay very enjoyable.
I have serious food allergies and the staff went to exceptional lengths to ensure that these were never compromised. The choice of food in other hotels has often been restricted by these allergies. Here I had a wide choice of food at all and every meals with staff ensuring anything unsafe or doubtful was brought to my attention.

I can only thoroughly recommend this to any disabled person who has both very limited mobility and severe food allergies. The ability to enjoy my food and relax in such convivial surroundings made this a holiday we will repeat again.

The indoor swimming pool was fully accessible as was the sauna the only place that proved inaccessible was the Jacuzzi which needed far more mobility than I will ever have to use it.

Room Tip: We were restricted to one of the 12 disabled rooms so you will need to discuss any specific room req...
2  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My wife and I went to this hotel for a 9 night All Inclusive (AI) holiday. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. The entertainment in the evening is what you would expect for this time of the year. I would recommend that anyone booking this hotel take up the AI option as the drinks can be a little expensive. We found the food very good and plenty of choice. The rooms are comfortable but the beds are a little on the hard side, but you can't have it all. We will go back again next year. A very enjoyable holiday.

Outside of the hotel the bus into Paphos runs every 15 minutes and runs until about midnight at a cost of 3 euros for an all day ticket, so no real need for a taxi into Paphos.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My wife and i had a really relaxing holiday at the above hotel, we found the rooms very good clean with king-size beds, the restaurant was well equipped for all tastes and the food was well cooked and varied most days,the bar area was comfortable and there was quite a bit of different entertainment most days/evenings
Also there is a good spa and gymnasium on lower ground floor alongside a good sized indoor pool for when the weather is not too warm outside
All in all well worth 4 Stars

Room Tip: Most rooms are similar but if you want a sea-view you have to pay the extra but its probably worth i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DEMPOO
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The Crown Horizon Hotel was fantastic.we went for a winter break in mid Feb. the weather was glorious which made the break even better.
Everything from the rooms, service, food, very helpful staff who would go out their way to please. The hotel is very clean, we even saw them cleaning inside the curtain tracks which took one lady all day to complete the vast amount on the ground floor.
The entertainment was ongoing from 9.30 to midnight there was so much to do around the hotel. If you want a quiet, restful holiday there is plenty of room in the grounds were you will not be disturbed, lots of sun beds and umbrellas scattered around the lawns. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a side sea view. Not realising this meant that we were at the back of the hotel...
4  Thank Clement S
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed for a week in February. Not many children around despite being half term in much of England. Good food on an all-inclusive basis, even though the waiters don't smile much - see other reviews. They are really quick a clearing plates away! The chefs are really helpful when it comes to dealing with allergy problems.
Room was very clean and housekeeping did a good job. Bar service excellent - the plastic cups only appeared during the day and it makes sense to the hotel to keep staffing costs down.
Local buses are cheap and very regular so it is easy to get around.
Plenty of entertainment during the day and in the evening if you want it.
Reception really helpful and the Spa looked good.
The area rather quiet but that's how we like it and it was only February. Have been to better 4 Star all-inclusive's but have a feeling that the recession may be hitting their trade which could just take the shine off things.
Would certainly consider a week again if we wanted a relaxing break.

Room Tip: First floor in the main block overlooks the bar lounge area so could be a bit noisy if you don't...
1  Thank Keith W
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed in early October for some late sun. Hotel was very nice and about what you would expect for a 4 star holiday hotel with pleasant rooms and very nice public areas. My two main gripes about this hotel are: There is nothing Cypriot about this hotel at all. Staff are all Eastern European and guests were 99 percent northern English and in large parties in Cyprus for weddings. This meant there were always large 'clans' of people around the pool area and bars every day. The other gripe is that most guests were staying on an all-inclusive basis but those of us who weren't were not accommodated for and still had to join the long queues for the bar and, unless prompted, were served drinks in the all-inclusive style plastic cups! Drinks were quite expensive, especially coffee which was over 3 euros a time. The spa area was very nice and well used and the treatments really good and reasonably priced. Once again though, spa owners were English! There was an aerobics class everyday which was very well attended - but....it wasn't until day 3 of my stay that I realised that this was not for hotel guests but was a local class attended by English ex-pats! This seemed a strange arrangement as they completely took over the main part of pool every morning and had their music playing loudly but no paying guest was invited to join! Overall...food ok, hotel nice, great for a week's sun but no local atmosphere or flavour. Would probably not return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DellsP123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Corallia Beach Hotel Apartments
Coral Beach Hotel & Resort
Avlida Hotel
Avlida Hotel
#44 of 85 in Paphos

Been to Crown Resorts Horizon? Share your experiences!