“Great Holiday”

Ranked #14 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Holiday”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I have just returned from a week in the Damon Hotel apartments with my 2 daughters (age 21 and 28). We had a lovely time and the apartments were spotlessly clean and were cleaned every day apart from Sunday with clean towels and bed linen which was excellent. The air conditioning was brilliant and was certainly needed as it was very hot. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. It was central for everywhere with a bus stop right outside the hotel where you could travel for 1 euro. We had no complaints and would return again.

2 Thank elizabeth m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Great location and lovely friendly staff.Appartments are looking very old and tatty as is the bathroom.A cockaroach was there to greet us when we arrived and more as the week went by.Pools were not very clean.Would go back to area but not to damon

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Janiceforrest77
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Well, this is now my third review, it's becoming a habit! For those of you who have read my reviews in the past will know I speak as I find, no lies just facts.

So lets start with the reception, the receptionists were very good. As I have a replacement knee I asked if was possible to be allocated a ground floor apartment as would find it difficult to tackle the stairs, especially as there are no lifts. This requested was honoured and within 10 minutes we were provided with the keys to a ground floor apartment.

As for the apartments they were fine but nothing OTT, I feel these could be upgraded as they were pretty basic, could do with a decent worktop as it is not appropriate to have the toaster and kettle on top of the cooker is it now? And a microwave oven wouldn't go a miss either, well you are on holiday after all, make things quick and easy when on holiday.

Bathroom was ok ,but again needs a bit of TLC, window had a gap and the shower head had not been screwed to the hose properly and water squirted out in different directions than down, but hey it was a shower so not a problem to me anyway.

As for the pool area it was suitable and well laid out in the circumstances, I feel there was not enough area for the amount of people staying at the hotel. The pools though, need to be cleaned daily, the bottom of the pools were, it was the sides that were not clean regularly. Scum, (suntan lotion, dirt, etc etc) I don't know whether it was a coincidence, but when I noticed it, I was in the pool and showed my wife. She says I have a loud voice most of the time!!! All woman say that about men, don't they? But she seems to think I was over heard, hence why they cleaned the sides of both pools the following day.

Over all this hotel is ok, but self catering is not for us, the best bit was going out to dinner with our friends who were surprised to see us there, as they had no idea we were going on holiday. Basically that was the main reason we were there in the first place, to surprise them.
But we had a nice week, nice weather and a nice place to stay in a nice location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mick W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We've just returned from the Damon Hotel Apartments and had a great time.
I booked our family holiday (myself & 2 children) through Thomsons and I'm very pleased to say the information they gave me was all correct. When we arrived at the Damon Hotel we were greeted by reception staff who were so friendly & helpful. The hotel porter took our cases to our room which was very helpful as we were on the 2nd floor and no lift :( but we were aware of that prior to our arrival. All staff were very helpful & friendly throughout our 2 week stay at the Damon. We had a studio apartment and I can't fault it one bit. The room was cleaned daily & towels were changed everyday. The kitchen area was equipped with everything inc of a proper cooker, full size fridge, kettle & toaster. Air con in our room was brill, we even had to turn it down to low as it cooled our room right down Breakfast had a good selection from hot (egg, bacon, beans, wee sausages) to cold (cold meat, cheese, fruit or cearal) then you could make your own toast (brown or white bread) to fresh rolls. All juices or tea/coffee. The pool was lovely but late afternoon it would be like a bath due to the heat in Cyprus (can't fault the sun) :)
We did use the pool at the sister hotel and also the beach. They even supplied towels for you to use which was really good as i didn't enjoy carrying around wet towels in that heat.
The Damon hotel is situated near local restaurants, pubs and bus stops. There is even a McDonalds, KFC & Pizza Hut by the hotel which was good in some way as my daughter is a pickie eater.
During our stay we went to the water park and I must say it was a great day out and a laugh. There was plenty to do and wasn't too expensive.
As this was my first holiday away with my children on my own I couldn't fault anything & we would defo go back :)

Room Tip: As there's no lift in the hotel I would request a ground or 1st floor room unless you don't...
2 Thank LouSummers
devon
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We arrived at the Damon apartments on 8th August 2012, the check in was effortless and then we were showed to our room in block C which was a 2 bedroomed apartment (we had booked a 1 bedroom) very spacious and meant that our teenage boys had there own room too. The apartment was clean and was well furnished. The bed were comfortable and the air con worked very well! We stayed on a B&B basis, breakfast was good quality and the girls working in the breakfast area were very efficient and friendly. Bus stop outside the hotel was convenient, close to harbour and shops making the location very good. All in all a good value for money hotel, final shout goes to the lovely, 'above and beyond' friendly Sophia at reception.

Room Tip: We overlooked the back pool which was quieter,
1 Thank tinkerbell9
Sunderland, England
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Just got back from Damon, had a lovely time. We had a one bedroom apartment which was a good size and had everything you needed. The apartment was cleaned 6 days out of 7 towels changed when left in bath and bedding changed a couple of times a week. Maids where brilliant and really friendly. The reception staff where really helpful and always cheerful. There are 2 pools at the Damon one slightly larger one where the entertainment took place and a smaller quieter one so we never had any bother getting sunbeds. Not much evening entertainment a bbq night which we went to which was ok but quiet expensive when you are paying for 4 (15 euros each) then drinks on top of that. The hotel had free wifi which was handy especially for teenagers!

The Damon is right in the middle of pubs and restaurants and whatever you want, Greek, Italian, Thai, English and fast food - McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut. There is a beach 10 minutes walk from the Damon its quite rocky but clean. The best beach is at Coral Bay which is a short bus ride away. The bus stop is near the hotel and good value only costs one euro. In the other direction there is the harbour which is lovely, loads of bars, restaurants and shops. Gets very busy on the evening.

All in all a brilliant holiday, would recommend the Damon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank christabella
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

what a lovely time was had here, everywere was clean appartments well kept .breakfast was served between 7 and 10 which meant you had a very good time span. music by the pool everyday(could of done with a couple of different cds ) entertainer by the pool intergrated with everyone and had alot of people involved with different activities and staff were polite and friendly (apart from the grumpy old man who worked a couple of nights ) overall i would deffo go back here and would recommend to a friend

2 Thank janew888