“Really a bargain”

Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Katowice, Poland
“Really a bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel was advertised as awarded with traveller's choice in a bargain category. And it seems to be a bargain indeed.
The appartment (1 bedroom) was very spacious, clean and well maintained. The furniture was quite new and aesthetic, kitchen equipment adequate (including microwave oven), aircondition (two separate appliances - in living room and bedroom) worked well and effectively (but only with keycard inserted to the main switch).

We were assigned the appartment just upstairs the reception, so we had wifi signal in the room (commonly available only in the entrance lobby). You should not expect any stunning views from the balcony, as the complex is located in a built up area. Cleaning service was ok, the only problem were the ants but they were struggling with them. The pool is not big and pool area noisy, so are probably the rooms overlooking the pool.

The complex is located in shopping/restaurant area, not far from main Pafos attractions - king's tombs and archaeological park (and the centre of Paphos itself). The best beach around is sandy Coral Beach - approximtely 10 km north from Pafos - very picturesque but a bit too crowded in the season. If you prefer the calm one the Avdimou beach should be advised (40 km west from Pafos, in the area of British military base - access only by car).
A car is of course reccomended to visit the main higlights of the island, especialy as the rentals are not very expensive. But be careful, they drive the wrong side of the road :))

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank andmark1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Keswick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

whether some of the recent reviewers stayed at the same apartments as us.
We were there for a week beginning 6th October. Weather was gorgeous the whole time. Stayed in one of the apartments above Reception, which (if balanced on the fridge-freezer) allowed us to access the free Wifi in the apartment which was nice.
The apartment itself was massive for a 0ne-bedroom and spotlessly clean. Towels were changed every day and sheets more than the twice a week promised. Never saw one cockroach although there were two small lizards spotted on the roof of the balcony at one point lol. Bonus! We love lizards.
The cocktails were good, the lunch menu tasty. We enjoy either going out to eat or even eating in...it's why we choose self-catering. Would recommend Thomas's Jungle and Nostalgia restaurants (go to totk road, turn left). The only downside was that the large Orphanides supermarket nearby has closed.
Pool and surrounding area well kept.
Staff lovely. Nicos his usual self.
Despite it being 5 years since our last visit not a lot has changed. Still a very enjoyable place to stay.
BTW Nicos, we owe you for a glass. Had a bit of a disaster at the last minute, which is why we were late for coach. We'll settle up with you next time 'cos there will be a next time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Librarycat2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from the wonderful kef. 24th consecutive year going back to this hotel and everything as perfect as ever. Rooms are always spotless homely and well equipped. In 24 years never had a single complaint with the room, linen and towels changed frequently and always fresh and white! Rooms are spacious and bright and ours had 2 balconys! The beds are comfortable. Really great air con in the room, electric is operated on the key fob understandably but of course the fridge freezer etc is not operated from this!! I would also say how lovely all the staff are here so very accommodating if you did have a single problem they would correct anything and go out of their way for you straight away. The swimming pool area is always well maintained and the pool spotlessly clean plenty of sunbeds and space. As with any Mediterranean destination you expect to see the occasional cockroach or lizard but you are lucky to see 1 or 2 roaches in a 2 week stay here! Ants yes maybe if you leave a little mess/crumbs etc on the work surfaces but a problem easily sorted with a can of 99p spray :) so many family's go back to this accommodation year after year so this really speaks for itself. Thanks for another fantastic holiday see you next time sue and Colin x

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Kirstylou84
bradford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

First the good points - location wise quite ideal, 15 minute walk to Paphos harbour and 15 minute bus ride to Coral Beach.......that's where it ends.

I'm not one to normally complain and perhaps on this occasion I should have (to the Jet 2 rep), but having paid just under £1000 for two to stay at this complex for a week (Sept 18th - 25th), I'm afraid I expected slightly more than we got. As mentioned, first impressions were that it was an ideal location, quiet and within walking distance to many good pubs and Paphos harbour. However, the apartment we stayed in was what can only be described as 'dire' and extremely 'shabby'!. Two lights had the glass fittings missing, one had no bulbs so the entrance hall was pretty bleak when you came in on a night,the other had no glass shade so just the bare bulb on show. The freezer door was broken, so when the electric was not on (when you're away from your room), any contents in the freezer did at time defrost and seep out, the regular occurrence of cockroaches in the bathroom that crept out of the wood architrave round the door and a hole in the tiling was a little off putting to say the least. The work surface is the kitchen area was pealing badly and all sorts of buts were caught in the pealing plastic. The stool that you sat on in front of the dressing table only had three legs so it was a balancing act when you sat on it, the wardrobes had a musty smell about them that transferred to your clothes and the two small towels were only changed once in the whole time we were there, I believe the bedding was changed only once and then it was only the top sheet that was changed. Finally, the beds are absolutely rock hard and even my husband who claims he could sleep on a washing line struggled with how uncomfortable they were, we had to try and pad my bed out with the blankets that were in the room along with an air mattress that we had taken. By day three of the holiday I was suffering with sleep deprivation and my husband wasn't fairing too much better, which was a great shame as day three was actually our wedding anniversary and we spent the day trying to catch up on some sleep (me on the sofa and my husband on the padded bit of the bed).

After a 7 hour delay in the airport when we were coming home I felt compelled to write to Jet 2 and in the nicest possible way, express my disappointment that in my opinion due to the reason listed above, this was not a 3 * accommodation and that they ought to be aware at how shabby the apartments actually were (at no point was I trying to get any compensation, I just wanted to draw things to their attention and enclosed pictures of missing light fittings, cockroaches, etc). Suffice to say, that the letter I received back from them was unbelievable.........Jet 2 had contacted the owners of the Kefalonitis Apartments and apparently the day after our departure they claim they found the glass shade WE had apparently broken on the floor, more broken glass was found in the bin insinuating that WE had also broken the other shade, yes they acknowledged the freezer door was broken but again insinuated that it had been fine before we used the apartment and that we had to expect cockroaches in warm country's !. I'm sorry but for the money we paid I expected better, much better and would NEVER go back to these apartments. We holiday usually twice a year, the September holiday is usually Cyprus as we got married in Cyprus so go back to celebrate our wedding anniversary, but this is one holiday I would never like to repeat, and unfortunately the apartment owners lies to Jet 2 have left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

On a more positive note - be sure to visit Lily at the English Rose bar at Paphos Harbour - some of the cheapest and best drinks about and Lily is a lovely little welsh girl. Also, visit Alfies - just a 5 minute walk down on the main road on the right hand side - such a warm welcome and again some of the cheapest cocktails about. If you're wanting free wifi you can actually receive it all the way down the main road, from the delicious cafe to McDonalds, and once you've connected once with the password you automatically re-connect when you're back in the vicinity .

Room Tip: We had room 110 - hope its improved if you're unlucky enough to get this room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mel1967
hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Twins returned for a longer stay this time!! My twin sister and myself stayed from the 6th October to 21st october longer than last year as we enjoyed it so much! You just cannot improve on perfection ! Nicos yet again arranged for us to have ground floor apartment due to my sisters disability and even better it was a pool view. As we were staying longer we used the laundry facilities which was great and had no trouble with operating the machines, we also took a look round the complex and the gardens and surrounding areas were immaculate and well looked after, all in all another perfect and relaxing stay and i have promised Nicos to give at least 2months notice so that he can arrange a suitable apartment for us. :) added bonus was the wifi in reception area!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cazanne4
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My sister and I stayed at these apartments twice now and find the owner and staff very helpful .. The young girl who works the bar during the day is cheerful and nothing is too much trouble .. The rooms are clean. The pool area is cleaned everyday . I honestly can not find anything wrong with these apartments . I noticed some people moaning about smelling food being cookd in other peoples rooms .. We'll sorry what do you expect when it's self catering.. The apartments are near loads of restaurants and bars .. And their is a bus that will take you into the harbour .. I think Nicos and his staff are very friendly and helpful and I hope to return again next year .. I was in room 401 overlooking the pool area . I just like to say to Nicos thanks to you and your staff for a great holiday

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Cathandmags
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Kefalonitis Appartments and again we not disappointed. We opted for an apartment rather than a studio. Spacious, clean, stocked with all we needed. Ted was on hand first night to settle us in. Friendly and helpful staff, sunbeds always available, good clean pool and close to all amenities. This maybe 3 star but to us it’s 5 star. Will defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple