“Best Accommodation Inside Town”
Review of Kiniras Hotel

Kiniras Hotel
Ranked #63 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The food was apsolutely perfect. The rooms had it all, everything anyone need to stay there for a long time. I always prefer this hotel when i am staying to Paphos. Very quiet, the best sleep ever. The staff was always there and bring you whatever you will need. Very good prizes even in Summer holidays. Parking place opposite the hotel with easy access.

Room Tip: No 9 was the best...

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was amazed to read a TripAdvisor negative review on the Kiniras Hotel.

I am a freelance writer and reporter and have been appointed by local (Cypriot) and International media, including airline publications, to review and write about the Kiniras.

I take great responsibility in reviewing my “subjects” for accuracy in publication and visit venues incognito in the first instance, to avoid false-impressions, as I do not want to deceive the reader or devalue my reputation as an honest writer. I also do not fear exposing the truth in my articles as you will see from the attached published links.

www.legacy-magazine.eu/are-we-on-alert/

Having visited the Kiniras on several occasions to create “editorial content” and arrange photography, including the rooms, I have been impressed by the authenticity and hospitality of a well-established and well-operated venue with a team of Internationally trained experts who have a passion to serve their guests who arrive from all over the globe. Equally impressive is that most of the staff are bi-lingual and have been with the Kiniras for several years, demonstrating loyalty and dedication.

I also arranged for friends and associates to dine and stay over-night to provide me with a true account of the main factors locals and tourists rightfully demand at the highest level; service, facilities, excellent cuisine, value-for-money and friendly welcoming staff. Their views were positive, including that of the owner who had no idea they attended for a formal review.

I would be the first, due to my profession, to give a negative account of a venue, if justified. In the case of the Kiniras, I can report only positively, as so many others have.

Janice Ruffle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Trackit
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed for a week at Kiniras Hotel, a Traditional warm hotel! Stayed in a room with courtyard view which was fantastic! Staff and service was fabulous. The owner Mr. George was very polite and friendly. Room was very clean and had all the facilities needed. Lovely breakfast at the courtyard. Meals on a traditional style. Would definitely come back!!! Thank you Mr. George!!!

1  Thank Roulla M
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel, with a different ancient style and in the same time traditional. Quiet hotel, friendly and helpful staff, rooms with the new and traditional design, but a refreshingly new reception, lobby and restaurant design. The restaurant is one of the best in the city, with more than value for money and in the center of Paphos with 5 minutes away from the sea.

2  Thank YiannosEfst
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This has to be one of the worst we have stayed in ever. The man on reception was insisting that we did not have a reservation for 2 rooms and after waiting 30 minutes or more it was resolved that we did have 2 rooms booked. The rooms were very inferior and dusty and the curtain were grey over the bed not white and fresh. Our toilet seat was broken, the clock did not work and the phone was not connected so if you wanted to make a call it could only be a local call and this had to be done at the office by George. Our shower was falling apart and there was no soap or even a area for you to put your soap. Our friends could not use the shower as it was far too small and their floor was very uneven. The pillows were very thin and the linen had a grey tinge to it. The dust was effecting my sinuses,and it was thick on the lamps and other pieces of furniture. Several people left on the same morning as us in disgust and we were not refunded any money for leaving 1 day early. Breakfast was very ordinary and the tea cups were dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as we stayed in other old original buildings while traveling which were far more superior with the facilities. Also it was not situated in a very good position as we arrived on Sunday and everything was closed. Also the rooms we were given faced the road and the road is very busy and noisy.
Think twice about this one.

Room Tip: Go to an agent first and see what they offer then look online.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosemary L
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was insulted by the owner when I first arrived yes! He even threatened to kick me out!! Why? Because my room wasn't ready when I arrived at 2:30 pm ( even though check in is from 2:00 pm according to the information on my reservation). When I tried to ask for some kind of compensation because I had to wait for another 30 minutes for my room to get ready in the terrible heat of the summer, the owner George Gregariou became extremely rude and aggressive and said "don't ask stupid questions!" I was like "What?, did you just say I'm asking stupid questions?" And his response was, "if you don't like the way I talk or not happy with the service, then I can just kick you out of of the hotel!"
I've stayed in so many hotels in different countries from low-cost guest houses to 5-star hotels, and I have never seen such a disrespectful person like George Gregariou (the owner of this hotel) with guests. This man started shouting at me and insulting me because my room was not ready and I had to wait for 1 hour and I was trying to ask very politely if I can have some kind of compensation.
Avoid this hotel if you can, first of all, the room was very noisy at night and in the morning, and I couldn't sleep properly. Secondly, it was very small that I had no where to put my luggage and I only had 1 suitcase and 1 hand luggage.
It was full of insects (flies, mosquitoes).
The toilet seat was broken!
There was no soap in the soap dispenser above the sink as it was completely empty!
There were baby flies and mosquitoes in fruit salad during breakfast. When I complained to one of the staff members, again George Gregariou (the owner with white hair and a big belly) kept staring at me as if he was going to hit me in the face! And 7 euros for this breakast is such a ripoff!
The garden where meals are served is again full of insects like flies and mosquitoes, simply disgusting!
Even the table where I tried to eat my breakfast the first day was sticky and I could feel my arm sticking to the table every time I placed it on it, (probably because of the food stains from previous guests eating)!
In brief, this man who calls himself the owner is extremely unprofessional, rude, aggressive, disrespectful and insulting to guests. He has no idea about hospitality and customer service. Not to mention that he is also the cook so if you don't like the food and want to complain than you have to options because he will become very aggressive and defensive at you as well.
Simply avoid this hotel and try Trianon Hotel, which is right next to this hotel and owned by a lovely lady. I checked out the place and it's got everything you need. At least she's friendly and polite, not like George Gregariou!
He simply has no respect for guests and doesn't like anybody to complain. He just has too much ego and thinks he is some kind of royalty. He even told me "I'm not your servant, if you don't like it here, I won't give you any compensation and I can just kick you out of the hotel if I want to!"
I'm always a polite guest, yet this man was extremely disrespectful and rude for no reason!
Just avoid it if you can, not worth the money or the time! I was going to make a formal complain to the tourism authority, but I didn't want to ruin my time there!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Ahmed2010
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic. Price, service and quality of food very good indeed. It feels very ralaxed and a great homely feel. Its run by a family who obviously care about what they do and value their customers a great deal. Would really recomend this place to all. Well done to all the Georges and staff. My wife Christy was given a hand made candle vase and a great wine for our anniversary :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple