The Kissos hotel was an average experience at best. Staying B&B for 10 days at the end of August, the hotel has an alleged 3 stars. We arrived to friendly welcoming staff. The room on the third floor was not good; it was very dated, with old decour. The room was also not very clean- the bedding was old and had hair on it, dirty/old pillows, the towels were very old and had a bad smell,and the floors were not clean either.
The breakfasts were average too; there is a wide selection of hot & cold foods, but it was basic overall.
The pool area outside was fine and reasonably clean, but be aware, especially during the summer, there are a lot of families with (sometimes!) screaming children! There were somewhat unclean gym facilities too. The hotel is in a good location for restraunts and local attractions, being near a beach of average quality too. There is a 1.5km walk to the harbour, or the bus every 15 minutes to the harbour at a cost of 1.50Euros. Overall a poor-average experience.... some pros & cons below:
- Safe & fridge charged at 5 euros per day
- poor cleanliness standards, dated rooms in desperate need of revamp!
- pool & gym facilities only reasonably clean (gym swimming pool is dirty)
- lots of children in summer (for some this might be good)
- Hotel charges for Wifi, room service (if not all inc.), some gym facilities and many other things which are provided for free at other hotels locally.
- helpful staff on reception/cleaners/bar staffs/waiters
- reasonably good location, some good restraunts locally (Fat Mamas, Duomo, San Marino)
- Near Tomb of the Kings
- Good transport links for nightlife/harbour (buses 8am-11pm)
We felt hiring a car was a good option in this location too.
This hotel is OK for LGBT travellers too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently situated in the heart of Paphos in between the two main tourist areas, Kissos hotel is the ideal property for families, couples and individuals. Located only 200 meters from the beach, the hotel is within walking distance from restaurants, bars and nightlife. Its location just few meters off the main road makes it the perfect place to relax and have everything at the holidaymakers feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kissos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kissos Hotel Paphos