“Brilliant, Brilliant Holiday.”

Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Hatfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, Brilliant Holiday.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having just returned (6th Aug 2014 - 13th Aug 2014) from my third holiday at the Louis Ledra Beach I had to write review. This really is an absolutely fantastic family hotel. The hotel staff are all so helpful, welcoming, polite and cheerful. The manager and staff greeted us upon arrival, sorted our baggage and delivered it to our room within minutes. The reception staff were terrific, cheerfully helping us change our room when my wife asked if we could stay on the opposite wing. Just her "whim"; our previous holidays has both been on one side of the hotel and she wondered if if was possible to stay on the same side again. Reception staff gave us keys to two rooms and let us choose. Fantastic! A big thank you to the reception staff for being so accommodating. They we just lovely.

Food was lovely, with a terrific variety and chefs carving a range of meats each day. The kids menu was so good my 16 year old would pick it from some times. Food is available throughout the day; from breakfast until late at night, including nice little extra touches such as late afternoon tea and cakes on the terrace. If you get hungry after evening dinner is over still more food is available in the restaurant. A little late night snack. Yum.

My wife and I shared a family room with my 16 year old daughter. We had plenty of room, loads of storage space and, so I am told, a really good hair dryer for a hotel. The sea views were great.

The hotel WiFi was brilliant. I don't understand why some people have complained. All our devices worked well, my daughter could still connect to the network once we had left the hotel grounds whilst walking along the sea front.

There are plenty of sun loungers and should you need one the life guard will find one for you. The hotel publishes a little news letter that is delivered to you room letting you know about what's going in the hotel each day, what little treats will be available around the pool, what cocktails to try and the hotel guide in the room is actually really useful. If the handful of whiners that have scored the hotel badly had taken the time to read it they might not have had cause to complain.

Each room has a fridge that is re-stocked with your choice of soft drinks each day. Just leave a note or ask the guy (if you happen to be in your room when he does his rounds).

The Restaurant and Bar Staff are lovely, hard working and cheerful, as are the Animation team. Lovely to see familiar faces throughout the hotel; in reception, the bar staff (including Gina who amazingly recognised me even though its two years since my last vista and who makes the best margaritas) restaurant staff and not forgetting the maids who kept our room so beautifully tidy & clean.

The Manager greeted us upon arrival, strolled around the grounds each day chatting to residents and even helping out at the beach bar at the busiest moments. Waving us off when we left adds that little extra that makes you feel a really valued customer.

Having been to this hotel on three occasions, over six years I can only sum up by saying that I have had three wonderful sunny, hot, relaxing holidays - exactly what I wanted. Lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are quietest, those on the west side of the hotel being the quietest.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank matt s
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Ledra Beach, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear loyal guest,

Thank you for selecting the Louis Ledra Beach as your holiday venue once more and for posting such an adorable comment.

We are thrilled that our superb hotel never failed to impress you with its cordial personnel, lovely and extremely varied cuisine as well as its cheerful animation team. Nothing could bring us more pleasure than being able to fulfill your expectations every time.

Thank you for the kind admiration and we would be honored to have you back at the Louis Ledra Beach on your next holiday.

Faithfully yours,

The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,256)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chelmsford
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just got home from our week at Louis Ledra hotel. Please ignore all negative reviews, in my option they are time wasters and would moan about anything!!! What an amazing week we've had. Hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean, the cleaners even make your towel into a swan!! Food was great, we are fussy eaters and none of us ever went hungry! Trying foods that we have never had before. Waitress'/waiters, bar staff were very friendly and hard working. Management walk round pool and lobby area, they chat with you and ask how your stay is, I even spoke to him about trip adviser!!! Now what can I say about the entertainment team, they are the most hard working people I've had the pleasure of meeting. Not only do they do the day time activities, they also do most of the shows at night. Brilliant awesome girls and guys. I love to go to different hotels, different counties, so never want to go to the same hotel again but this time I can't wait to go back to this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank GillyIngram14
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Ledra Beach we would like to thank you for visiting our hotel and for taking the time to write this nice review.

It is lovely to see that you had an amazing time with us and enjoyed our wide variety of delicious dishes, the friendliness and attentiveness of our dedicated staff along with the professional evening shows and daytime activities organized by our talented animation team.

We are glad to know you can't wait to return and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach in the nearest future.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 11 nights at the Ledra.. from the 30th July - 10th August. At first we had small issue with our air conditioning leaking but this was dealt with efficiently by reception :). The room was very clean and comfortable. Could not fault the shower and bathroom great.

The pools in the hotel were very good lots of sunbeds around. We particularly liked the adults pool :). I am usually more of a sea person than a pool person but was a little worried when I saw all the rocks this was quickly solved by purchasing a pair of sea shoes from the hotel shop (also very useful). Definitely worth it to make getting in and out easier. It was a little choppy some days but I enjoyed a refreshing dip and looking at the fish with my goggles.

The entertainment team at the hotel worked so hard! Trying to get everybody active or just for a chat. The evening shows were quite basic but they were entertaining and did make you laugh also some good dancing particularly liked the Michael Jackson themed show. I was also lucky enough to win the jackpot on the bingo one night :D definitely worth a play!

Overall the staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly. Catalina a waitress in the restaurant was always really welcoming and got to know what drinks we liked etc which was a nice touch. Cleaners did a great job and left us some nice towel art.

The food in the hotel was very good thought it was great having a different theme each night as this meant the food was very varied. My boyfriend is a very fussy eater and he ate SO much definitely something for everyone. We did go to the Meze night but were not overly keen probably just not our kind of food but was nice to eat in a different setting.

The hotel is a short journey from the Harbour by bus we did try to walk one day but found it a little far. Lots of great things to do at the harbour sightseeing, shopping, eating, drinking etc. You could also get to other places by bus easily (coral bay). The Thompson reps were very helpful and friendly also.

Great hotel and a lovely holiday had by us both.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebeeecccaaa
Dear guest,

Let us express our gratitude that you chose the Louis Ledra Beach as your holiday destination and for writing this nice review.

We are glad that you acknowledged our promptitude in solving our guests' problems. It is nice to see that you also liked our pools, our helpful and friendly personnel as well as the astonishing variety of our tasty dishes.

Thank you for the beautiful words; we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach soon.

Yours truly,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Fantastic hotel and service. The manager and his team are outstanding and take great care to provide a fantastic experience. Food is of the highest standard, spotlessly clean in all areas. Will go back !.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ian H
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a few lines about a recent stay at the Louis Ledra Beach.

We are delighted to know that you had such a good time and appreciated our high standard of cuisine and impeccable premises.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach soon.

With best regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at Louis Ledra from the 6th July till the 13th and had the best week. We were so well looked after by all the staff especially the entertainment team and the bar staff. The hotel was always clean and the food was amazing, couldn't have asked for more. So much fun :-) So glad we chose to come here, can't wait to go back again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sophie D
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Ledra Beach, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for this short and lovely comment following a stay at the Louis Ledra Beach.

It is a great pleasure for us to read that you were well looked after by our dedicated and courteous staff and enjoyed our spotless premises and amazing cuisine.

Thank you for the beautiful words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach soon.

Yours faithfully,

Liverpool
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay at Louis Ledra (26.7.14 - 9.8.14) with my husband and 2 children (16 and 11 yrs) and what can I say…..FANTASTIC!!!!!
I don't know where to start and will probably babble on but please bare with me - I don't normally write reviews but just had to this time. Everything about this hotel is great.
We arrived late at night and staff were waiting our arrival in reception. We were greeted by a glass of bubbly or juice and lovely little cakes. Check in was a breeze and our bags were taken straight to our room leaving us to enjoy another glass of bubbly and snacks had been laid on the in the restaurant downstairs.
ROOM - We had a family room G53 and had paid extra for limited sea view but we didn't even sit out on the balcony so wouldn't have mattered where we overlooked. Rooms at the front of the hotel had lovely views of the mountains anyway. Rooms are spotless and are cleaned everyday and towels replaced. There is a mini bar in the room which has a large bottle of water in and some soft drinks. First thought was one bottle of water is not enough, but we hardly used it apart from maybe during the night. Water is accessible from the bars/restaurant so why carry bottles of water with you as they only get warm.
Rooms aren't overly big but we got by and at the end of the day you only sleep in them. My only critisism about the room is that there weren't enough hangers in the wardrobe but that is usually the norm in most holiday hotels.
FOOD - what a choice. I have never eaten so much on holiday before as I usually get sick of the horrible food laid on or have a bad stomach. Not here though, the food is delicious and as good as home. They don't have separate themed restaurants, but they do a 'theme' each night at the main restaurant i.e. greek, italian, far east, sunday carvery etc. At breakfast there is a table at the entrance with glasses of bubbly/bucks fizz on - yes I did say breakfast. They said this is the best way to start the day, so who was I to argue, haha.
Food was always being replaced so nothing left sitting out for ages. There were never any queues and we always went when it was supposed to be the 'busy time'……not even for the toaster at breakfast!!
Staff in the restaurant are great. You were always greeted by a manager upon arrival who would take you over to a table. Special thanks to Katarina who looked after us as we were always seated in her section. She always had a smile and made us feel welcome.
We also enjoyed the Meze night which has to be pre-booked at reception and is served out at the pool bar. Lovely to sit outside and watch the sunset.
STAFF - well this is what made our holiday. Cannot fault any of the staff, they are so friendly and hardworking. Before I start mentioning names, I just want to say a big thanks to all the staff who are 'hidden' behind the scenes…..cleaners, chefs, maintenance staff etc. who all contribute to the running of this fabulous hotel.
A BIG thank you to the entertainment team - Andre, Kristina, Laura, Lucie, Jodie, Audrey and Costas. They all work so hard from morning 'til night and there are only 7 of them. They provide games throughout the day and also put on their own show most evenings. I'm not usually one for joining in games but I did - twice a day!! We started with French Boules at 10.30am with Andre (love him to bits he is great) followed by shuffle board with Kristina and these were repeated again in the afternoon. I had started out just watching my husband and was soon joining in!! We met some great people and had such a laugh. Laura ran the teenage programmes, Jodie was Kids Club, Costas for archery and aqua gym, Audrey for early morning stretching and afternoon killer darts and Lucie…what can I say about Lucie….funny, funny man. You have to visit just to hear him call the Bingo of an evening, hilarious!!!
The entertainment show they do of an evening is great. All put together themselves and some days they even give you a 'sample dance' by the poolside at midday. Andre makes a fantastic Michael Jackson and the moves were great. They work so hard but always have a smile and a time to chat with you. They're not over powering and don't force you to join in if you don't want to.
Bar staff - thank you to Koko and Tosas for making my many cocktails each day at the beach bar fab, and Gina who looked after my son and his many 'kids fruit cocktails'.
Stefanie, Gina, Kyriacos and George for looking after us in the lobby bar - and all the other waiters/waitresses whom I didn't catch their names.
The manager always made an appearance and would walk around chatting to people, even serving at the beach bar in the afternoon. He is a lovely man and passionate about his hotel and guests which is why I had to write this review to say thank you as it was the best holiday we have had in an All Inclusive resort. This was our first visit to Cyprus so wasn't even sure about what resort to stay in never mind which hotel. I had read all the reviews on trip advisor about different hotels before booking and there were no complaints about this one which is why we chose it, and I can certainly say they were right. I could not fault this hotel in any way and I could go on and on praising it. We are already looking to return in 2015!!
THANK YOU AGAIN TO ALL THE STAFF AT LOUIS LEDRA FOR MAKING OUR HOLIDAY THE BEST!!!!!

Room Tip: We were in G53 which is on reception level (ground level from the main road). Pool/beach access is o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Cavo2210
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Ledra Beach we dearly thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday venue and for taking the time to write this adorable review.

Your satisfaction is our goal, so we are happy to know that we succeeded in pleasing you with our immaculate rooms and great choice of delicious dishes. Moreover, we are thrilled to hear that our attentive and cordial personnel has played such an important part in making your holiday the best; we will pass your gratitude and praise to all.

It is great to hear that you wish to return next year and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach in 2015!

With best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Me and boyfriend actually stayed here in July '13 and it was faultless! The food was outstanding and I don't tend to be very adventurous when abroad! The hotel is in a great location, you can walk from the hotel, either along the beach for miles or the road side, past shops, bars and restaurants - it's just lovely! The entertainment team were fab, we're not the type to really get involved in much but there was always something going on to suit everyone. Would return without a doubt, with family, friends or just as a couple!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Abbie T
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for writing a few lines about a stay at the Louis Ledra Beach.

It is nice to see that our tasty dishes have been to your utmost taste and you enjoyed the wonderful shows performed by our fabulous animation team. Your kind words mean a lot to us so thank you for the appreciation.

We greatly look forward to your next visit at the Louis Ledra Beach.

Regards,