“Outstanding customer service”

Ranked #6 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Kings Langley, United Kingdom
“Outstanding customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have just returned following a 2 week stay at the Louis Ledra, Paphos. We are a family of 4 with a 17yr old daughter and 13yr old son. We arrived with 6 other family and friends who only stayed for a week.
Transfer - The transfer time from the airport is about 20-30 mins. On arrival at the hotel we were met with Champagne and orange juice, along with snacks in the impressive reception ( this occurs whatever time you arrive ). The staff were extremely friendly and our cases were taken up to our rooms whilst we checked in.
There is a deposit of 10euros per beach towel ( so save on luggage wait and leave yours at home ) and these are changed as often as you want.
ROOMS - The rooms are well appointed with a mini bar,flat screen TV, kettle etc and ( I'm informed ) a very good hairdrier. I have less hair than a tennis ball so have to take the girls word on that one !!
There was a bottle of sparkling wine in our room when we got there.
The beds were a bit too hard but a visit to reception saw our beds topped with soft mattress toppers which made them very comfortable.
The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels and the fridge stocked with water, juice, coke and lemonade every day. The maids left towel sculptures on the beds every other day which included Swans, elephants, turtles and hearts very nice touch
We had a pool and sea view from our room (136 &137 ) which were first floor and quiet, getting sun in the morning but shade in the hot afternoon.
POOLS - There are 4 pools. 1 indoor pool, 1 outdoor family fresh water pool, 1 (smaller) adult only pool and 1 shallow children's pool.All are fresh water and not salt water ( which was a make or break for us )
The Hotel is clean and well looked after and is predominately filled with British guests but we still had the "towels out " brigade from 0600. We joined in , but there are plenty of beds and the lifeguard will grab more if you ask. We set up between the pool and the beach where there was a pleasant breeze ( you needed it at 39 degrees )
BEACH -The beach is sandy but becomes quite rocky as soon as you enter. Enter the sea from the far left hand side and its easier on the feet, especially for the kids. Snorkelling is great, loads of bright fish without going out far at all.
Food- OUTSTANDING. The best all inclusive food we have ever had . Great choice, always fresh and even with a fussy 13yr old son, has always found something to eat, from breakfast in the morning, late breakfast ( danish etc) by the pool, lunch, afternoon snacks, diner, it's endless and I have come home the size of a small island.
The staff -OUTSTANDING. The manager is visible and approachable, wandering around talking to guests, helping out at the bar and making you feel special. His staff are the same. from the cheery cleaners to reception and especially the bar the staff. I have no doubt that if you are rude to them, you may not get the best service but that's being human. We chatted and laughed with them and they always remembered our drinks order.
Dress code for diner is smart shorts and shirt during the summer, which we felt was appropriate
Animation staff are great. Not too " in your face " . During the day there are a wide range of activities inc: Darts,shuffle board, boules, table tennis, tennis, volleyball.
The evening shows, I heard, were good, but we have never been ones for the shows and prefer a game of cards in the bar by the pool so didn't witness any of them .
There are jet ski's etc etc close by and are reasonably priced ( 40 euro for over 30mins on a double or 35 for a single rider )
We didn't leave the complex ( other than a short walk to the Pharmacy and a visit to the supermarket across the road which turned out more expensive than the hotel shop ) but the other half of our party walked 20mins to the harbour and had a lovely reasonably priced meal out .
Free wifi is available in reception which is well air conditioned and you have a wide choice of ( decent ) spirits ( not the usual paint stripper you get in an A.I ) as well as a wide choice of included cocktails.
If I had any observation, kids love a bit of wifi, so to extend it to all the common areas would have been nice.
OVERALL- If you want to be made to feel special and love your food, this is the place to go. Small enough to care but large enough that our kids didn't get bored and met other kids the same age.I would recommend Louis Ledra and would return, certainly.
Thanks to all the staff for making our 20th wedding anniversary so enjoyable.

5 Thank Dave H
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Ledra Beach, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Ledra Beach we would like to thank you for selecting our hotel as your holiday venue and for sharing your impression online.

It is delightful to see that you rated our cuisine and staff as outstanding and that you called our animation team 'great'. Thank you for the honest appreciation and for recommending us.

It would be a great pleasure to have you as a guest at the Louis Ledra Beach once more.

Best regards,

The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,180)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Kent, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We have just returned from our stay at the Louis Ledra from 27/7/14 - 10/8/14 a 14 night stay well what can I say: Fantastic, brilliant , didn't want to leave!! I travelled with my husband and 11yr old son, we arrived late afternoon and were greeted with Bucks Fizz and a friendly welcome, check in was good and we went to our room where our cases were promptly delivered. We stayed in S53 ground floor with a garden view. Rooms were clean and well fitted. The Hotel is clean and well looked after and the staff and service are all brilliant. The pool has an on duty Life Guard, always on duty and who ,if needed will always find you sunbeds, although that was never an issue.
The Hotel is in an ideal position, on the beach with a lovely beach front walk to Paphos harbour (about a 20 minute walk) you can also catch the bus which stops just outside the hotel and go to the harbour, taxis are also readily available outside.
The rooms are cleaned daily and fresh towels and the fridge stocked with water, juice, coke and lemonade every day. The maids left towel sculptures on the beds every other day which my son loved these included Swans, elephants, turtles and hearts very clever and a lovely touch. All the public areas are very clean and well looked after.
The food is great, lots of choice and always something to eat, there was never any issues, breakfast was particulary great, lots of choice and the restaurant staff are lovely, hard working and very friendly. The food during the day in the poolside restaurant was also very good, plentiful with lots of choice and every afternoon the staff bring around the pool fruit kebabs, doughnuts, waffles and all sorts of things. The beach bar was also well stocked and an asset to the to the hotel, very welcome in the extremely hot weather.

The animation team are fantastic, very hard working and are there day and night 6 days a week entertaining everyone , encouraging participation to the various day daytime activities (although never hassling you) and putting on shows in the outdoor theatre of an evening.
All the Hotel staff were very friendly, the Reception staff very helpful and the Management team spent time talking to the guests. they made an effort to mix with the guests and often served drinks at the beach bar enhancing the atmosphere,

We hired a car from Sue in the lobby from Horizon rentals which was brilliant, very easy and Sue marked off places on the map and told us the best routes to go, first class service. We easily travelled around the island visiting Paphos Zoo, Tombs of the Kings, and found 2 lovely villages Latchi and Omodos were we spent some time.
Our 2 reps from Thomson / First Choice were very good and easy to find if we needed them, nice to see their presence in the Hotel everyday. We attended the welcome meeting and the going home meeting and booked 2 trips via them ,Love Cyprus and the Troodous Mountain trip, both were good days out.

All in all the Hotel, the staff and everything (especially the weather!!) were FANTASTIC and we are planning next years holiday already, a trip back to the Louis Ledra Beach Hotel, Paphos.
Thank you to all who work there for making our holiday so memourable!!!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a lovely view, beach, garden or mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula C
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for holidaying at the Louis Ledra Beach and for posting such a nice comment.

Knowing that we have managed to offer you a memorable holiday fills us with joy. We are glad you appreciated our brilliant service team, the wide variety of our cuisine as well as the performance of our hard working animation team. It is nice to hear that you will return next year.

Thank you for the kind admiration and we look forward to seeing you at the Louis Ledra Beach in 2015!

Sincerely yours,

Hatfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having just returned (6th Aug 2014 - 13th Aug 2014) from my third holiday at the Louis Ledra Beach I had to write review. This really is an absolutely fantastic family hotel. The hotel staff are all so helpful, welcoming, polite and cheerful. The manager and staff greeted us upon arrival, sorted our baggage and delivered it to our room within minutes. The reception staff were terrific, cheerfully helping us change our room when my wife asked if we could stay on the opposite wing. Just her "whim"; our previous holidays has both been on one side of the hotel and she wondered if if was possible to stay on the same side again. Reception staff gave us keys to two rooms and let us choose. Fantastic! A big thank you to the reception staff for being so accommodating. They we just lovely.

Food was lovely, with a terrific variety and chefs carving a range of meats each day. The kids menu was so good my 16 year old would pick it from some times. Food is available throughout the day; from breakfast until late at night, including nice little extra touches such as late afternoon tea and cakes on the terrace. If you get hungry after evening dinner is over still more food is available in the restaurant. A little late night snack. Yum.

My wife and I shared a family room with my 16 year old daughter. We had plenty of room, loads of storage space and, so I am told, a really good hair dryer for a hotel. The sea views were great.

The hotel WiFi was brilliant. I don't understand why some people have complained. All our devices worked well, my daughter could still connect to the network once we had left the hotel grounds whilst walking along the sea front.

There are plenty of sun loungers and should you need one the life guard will find one for you. The hotel publishes a little news letter that is delivered to you room letting you know about what's going in the hotel each day, what little treats will be available around the pool, what cocktails to try and the hotel guide in the room is actually really useful. If the handful of whiners that have scored the hotel badly had taken the time to read it they might not have had cause to complain.

Each room has a fridge that is re-stocked with your choice of soft drinks each day. Just leave a note or ask the guy (if you happen to be in your room when he does his rounds).

The Restaurant and Bar Staff are lovely, hard working and cheerful, as are the Animation team. Lovely to see familiar faces throughout the hotel; in reception, the bar staff (including Gina who amazingly recognised me even though its two years since my last vista and who makes the best margaritas) restaurant staff and not forgetting the maids who kept our room so beautifully tidy & clean.

The Manager greeted us upon arrival, strolled around the grounds each day chatting to residents and even helping out at the beach bar at the busiest moments. Waving us off when we left adds that little extra that makes you feel a really valued customer.

Having been to this hotel on three occasions, over six years I can only sum up by saying that I have had three wonderful sunny, hot, relaxing holidays - exactly what I wanted. Lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are quietest, those on the west side of the hotel being the quietest.
4 Thank matt s
Dear loyal guest,

Thank you for selecting the Louis Ledra Beach as your holiday venue once more and for posting such an adorable comment.

We are thrilled that our superb hotel never failed to impress you with its cordial personnel, lovely and extremely varied cuisine as well as its cheerful animation team. Nothing could bring us more pleasure than being able to fulfill your expectations every time.

Thank you for the kind admiration and we would be honored to have you back at the Louis Ledra Beach on your next holiday.

Faithfully yours,

Chelmsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just got home from our week at Louis Ledra hotel. Please ignore all negative reviews, in my option they are time wasters and would moan about anything!!! What an amazing week we've had. Hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean, the cleaners even make your towel into a swan!! Food was great, we are fussy eaters and none of us ever went hungry! Trying foods that we have never had before. Waitress'/waiters, bar staff were very friendly and hard working. Management walk round pool and lobby area, they chat with you and ask how your stay is, I even spoke to him about trip adviser!!! Now what can I say about the entertainment team, they are the most hard working people I've had the pleasure of meeting. Not only do they do the day time activities, they also do most of the shows at night. Brilliant awesome girls and guys. I love to go to different hotels, different counties, so never want to go to the same hotel again but this time I can't wait to go back to this fabulous hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank GillyIngram14
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Louis Ledra Beach we would like to thank you for visiting our hotel and for taking the time to write this nice review.

It is lovely to see that you had an amazing time with us and enjoyed our wide variety of delicious dishes, the friendliness and attentiveness of our dedicated staff along with the professional evening shows and daytime activities organized by our talented animation team.

We are glad to know you can't wait to return and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach in the nearest future.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 11 nights at the Ledra.. from the 30th July - 10th August. At first we had small issue with our air conditioning leaking but this was dealt with efficiently by reception :). The room was very clean and comfortable. Could not fault the shower and bathroom great.

The pools in the hotel were very good lots of sunbeds around. We particularly liked the adults pool :). I am usually more of a sea person than a pool person but was a little worried when I saw all the rocks this was quickly solved by purchasing a pair of sea shoes from the hotel shop (also very useful). Definitely worth it to make getting in and out easier. It was a little choppy some days but I enjoyed a refreshing dip and looking at the fish with my goggles.

The entertainment team at the hotel worked so hard! Trying to get everybody active or just for a chat. The evening shows were quite basic but they were entertaining and did make you laugh also some good dancing particularly liked the Michael Jackson themed show. I was also lucky enough to win the jackpot on the bingo one night :D definitely worth a play!

Overall the staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly. Catalina a waitress in the restaurant was always really welcoming and got to know what drinks we liked etc which was a nice touch. Cleaners did a great job and left us some nice towel art.

The food in the hotel was very good thought it was great having a different theme each night as this meant the food was very varied. My boyfriend is a very fussy eater and he ate SO much definitely something for everyone. We did go to the Meze night but were not overly keen probably just not our kind of food but was nice to eat in a different setting.

The hotel is a short journey from the Harbour by bus we did try to walk one day but found it a little far. Lots of great things to do at the harbour sightseeing, shopping, eating, drinking etc. You could also get to other places by bus easily (coral bay). The Thompson reps were very helpful and friendly also.

Great hotel and a lovely holiday had by us both.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rebeeecccaaa
Dear guest,

Let us express our gratitude that you chose the Louis Ledra Beach as your holiday destination and for writing this nice review.

We are glad that you acknowledged our promptitude in solving our guests' problems. It is nice to see that you also liked our pools, our helpful and friendly personnel as well as the astonishing variety of our tasty dishes.

Thank you for the beautiful words; we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach soon.

Yours truly,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Fantastic hotel and service. The manager and his team are outstanding and take great care to provide a fantastic experience. Food is of the highest standard, spotlessly clean in all areas. Will go back !.

2 Thank Ian H
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a few lines about a recent stay at the Louis Ledra Beach.

We are delighted to know that you had such a good time and appreciated our high standard of cuisine and impeccable premises.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach soon.

With best regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at Louis Ledra from the 6th July till the 13th and had the best week. We were so well looked after by all the staff especially the entertainment team and the bar staff. The hotel was always clean and the food was amazing, couldn't have asked for more. So much fun :-) So glad we chose to come here, can't wait to go back again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sophie D
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Ledra Beach, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for this short and lovely comment following a stay at the Louis Ledra Beach.

It is a great pleasure for us to read that you were well looked after by our dedicated and courteous staff and enjoyed our spotless premises and amazing cuisine.

Thank you for the beautiful words and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Louis Ledra Beach soon.

Yours faithfully,