“my 8th time there, looking forward to my 9th time of saying hello to everyone again soon.”
Review of Louis Ledra Beach

Louis Ledra Beach
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2010

All the staff at the Ledra are second to none, They cannot do more to make your stay anymore confortable, nothing is ever to much for them. All I can say will never be enough to say how much I enjoy going back time and time again. Will. Gina. Sandra. Michael. Fotina.and Nikki are just a few I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU. Denise

• Stayed November 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,199)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2010

After reading some of the bad reviews on here we were a little worried about what to expect at Ledra Beach however once there we struggled to see what people have been complaining about. Yes, some areas are looking a little tired but they didn't affect our holiday whatsoever. The refurbished rooms are lovely and clean, as was the main lobby area where people sit in the evenings. We would also definitely recommend paying extra for a seaview room as the views are fabulous.

We found the food in the restaurant to be excellent with a good choice of dishes available every night even for a fussy four year old! Each night is themed, Chinese, Italian, Cypriot, etc. The chefs are constantly walking around and checking that the dishes don't run out. Everything in there is self service even the wine and beer. The food by the pool bar (available from 10am to 5pm) was also good and great for small snacks throughout the day. It's also self service apart from the ice cream which is available from behind the bar. We didn't have a problem with the locally branded soft drinks and even if we did the mini bar in our room was restocked daily with Coca Cola, Fanta and Sprite.

There are two PC's in the lobby if you ever need the Internet. We went for the 3 hour option at 10 euros, meaning we could log on and off any time we wanted until the 3 hours had been used up.

The animation team were great, particularly the girl (sorry, we didn't get her name) who runs the kids club. Every night except Wednesdays there was a mini disco (a set list of action songs such as Music Man, Hokey Cokey etc) for the kids. It does get quite repetitive but our little girl loved it. You also get to know the team on a personal level and we saw many of the guests hugging them as they left.

The big pool was freezing cold which isn't the hotel's fault. I'm guessing this is due to the time of year but once in the water we quickly got used to it. The beach was also fine, a little bit rocky in places but again that's not the hotel's fault. I would say that the hotels in this area are in the best area. It was around a half hour walk into Paphos and we found that the closer you get to the town the less of a beach and hotel grounds there seems to be. The grounds of the Ledra and the hotels around it seem more spacious.

All in all we had a great time here. We've only been home a day and we're missing it already and we've already talked about revisiting the Ledra Beach in the future.

Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Fen0405
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Ledra Beach, our 4th holiday there in 5 years. We have seen a number of changes over the years, some positive and some negative. Our room was newly refurbished. Nice colours, laminate floor, smart bathroom, smart flat screen tv with Sky News etc., but there was an overall feel that this had been done cheaply and they would soon become tired again. They beds were rock hard and they had not bothered to change the battered old doors from room to corridor.
Food is good for an AI, soft drinks used to be branded but have now changed to Sinalco, a local brand which are tasteless and over fizzy - an obvious attempt to cut costs. Bar service is excellent, waiters come to you and Keo beer is served in pints if you so wish. I do not know what some people expect when abroad in terms of alcoholic drinks, but the local brands of gin, baileys and brandy were all very pleasant. The amination team work very hard and our teenage boys enjoyed the games/sports laid on by them. They also leave you completely alone if that is your wish - no pestering to join in. One of two parts of the hotel and grounds are becoming increasingly tatty and the poolside toilets are not at all nice. It will be interesting to see what is done in the second round of refurbishment in winter 2010-2011, particularly as I understand that the hotel is to be a Thomson Platinum listing from May 2011. We are lucky enough to have visited several other AI hotels over the last 5 years and the Ledra Beach compares very well. Despite some negative comment, I would certainly recommend the Ledra Beach. It is strangely endearing and has a comfortable, relaxing feel - perhaps like an old pair of slippers! It is interesting that we always recognise several guests from the previous year and we have just booked our 5th stay at the hotel for October 2011.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Leeds
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We've recently returned from a 11 day break and it was our first visit to Paphos for several years. We stayed at the Ledra Beach then so we knew what to expect (more or less!). We chose it also because it was "All inclusive". The food was a bit mixed, some days good, other days average to disappointing. Service was generally good, but room cleaning was a hit and miss affair. Some days it looked like the bed had been made and that's it, other times it was a full clean. There were some bedrooms which had been fully refurbished and others not, our was unrefurbished but that wasn't too much of an issue. Generally the hotel public areas and grounds were kept in good order and appeared clean. There were lots of weddings at the hotel, 2 or 3 a day some days but again not a problem. The staff were good and friendly, The only thing that was an issue (And this will put us in a bad light!) was the drinks in the bars. We weren't expecting 12 yr old single malt whiskey's or 5 star brandies but the quality of the drinks was appalling. Even the soft drinks, coke, lemonade etc left a nasty taste in the mouth. One night my wife had a straight brandy but you could taste the fact that it was watered down. I don't know if I would recommend the Ledra Beach to a friend or not, (Despite what's shown below) but I don't think I'd rush back there just yet.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeedsPaulM
Bedford
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This hotel by far exceeded my expectations! I must admit it has been a while since I have done a short haul all inclusive as have been going further a field due to the euro but my god standards have increased! Either this hotel has been knocked down and rebuilt in the last few months or some people just set out to pick fault with everything in their lives (and we have all met one or two!). We had a fantastic week at the Ledra Beach.
The food was excellent every day and the snacks were brilliant. From 10.30 to around 5pm there was hot food next to the pool from pizza, chips, full dinners, salad, sandwiches absolutely anything you could want. Thats just snacks, then breakfast, lunch and dinner were also faultless. I certainly can confirm the alcohol is not watered down and the cocktails are amazing. The sign of a great hotel is the correct drink in the correct glass, sparkling wine was always in a flute and Margaritas always in cocktails glasses. Even though its all inclusive the waiters take drinks orders from your table and work their little socks off. You dont need to tip but we gave them a few euros each night only because they were so good and desrved it.
The rooms were nice, we had a refurbished room and they even have English 3 pin plugs. The only thing I was slightly annoyed with is that we didnt have a bath in our room and it was only towards the end of the holiday we discovered we were the only ones as everyone else had a bath and a shower. Im sure if I had known this sooner and asked to be moved they would have no hesitation as they accommodated every other request. Also we didnt have a kettle in our room when we arrived but we asked and they bought it to us so if you have anything missing just ask. Each day the mini bar is stocked with coke, fanta, sprite and water. If you use all the water there are water machine dotted around so you can fil your bottle or get glasses.
The hotel itself is immaculate and its one of the nicest pool areas I have had with everything close by. I dont think I would have liked this hotel as much in July and August simply because it is full and its school holidays but out of season it was faultless and the weather was 28-30 everyday when we were there. If you are thinking of going do not hesitate in booking as you will have a great time. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me I will be happy to answer.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank jblc79
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2010

This was our first trip abroad with our 1 yr old. We wanted a relaxing all inclusive holiday with some interesting sites to see. We paid extra for a sea view room and had a newly refurbished room. We were very pleased with the comfort of the room and although not the biggest it was well designed with lots of storage. The mini bar with branded soft drinks was filled daily and a great bonus.
The food was brilliant with a lot of choice each night. My baby was very happy and there was always a suitable option from the main meals from him to eat (plus chips, nuggests etc but he won't eat that). He particularly appreciated the hot desserts that often had some custard which was great to try and increase calcium intake. Also lots of grapes, raisins, fresh bread which is great for finger foods, the waitresses were so friendly and and helpful in the restaurant make us fell very welcome.
One reason for choosing this hotel was the option of the covered pool which was great if wanting to stay out of the sun. The baby pool at 45 cm deep was a great place for him to play.
There were a number of different bars and we enjoyed trying most of the cocktails out, local spirits were absolutely fine to drink. The only problem with the drinks we the lack of decent coffee, but that is not uncommon.
The hotel was about a 30 minute walk to the harbour. alternatively a bus could be taken anywhere in the region for €1 a journey and we could easily get to the tomb of the kings or the market area.
A very enjoyable first family holiday!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The bad reviews for this hotel are, as far as we ( my wife and I) are concerned are completely unfounded. The rooms are superb, all tiles ands wooden flooring, the outdoor areas -gardens, pool etc always completely immaculate - the staff worked hard to maintain the standards - the comments about the sun lounger matresses -yes some were a bit dated - however- you go in the pool/sea, and then come back and lie on them and then get dried in the sun - get a life!! The food and beverages were of good quality - a good mix of local dishes and 'British' dishes were superb from breakfast to evening meal - and I am sorry if you didn't like them you must have been EXTREMELY picky!! There was more than enogh choices there even for you!!!! Drinks were as advertised in the brochure - LOCAL - and were of a reasonable standard and palatable otherwise pay for your 5* Brandy!!!. I would wholly recommend this hotel, and will look forward to returning in the future after it's full refurb in November. I would like to think it will keep on it's excellent staff, from front of house, restaraunt, pool bar and the exceptional Thomson Rep - Danny - always there and available and very helpful. All in all an absolutely supreb break and woul go back in an instant.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple