Paphiessa Hotel
Almyra Hotel(Paphos)
US$258
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$86
Capital Coast Resort & Spa(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
  • Pool
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$184
US$55
US$53
US$107
Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$94
TripAdvisor
All reviewsa family run hotelcypriot hotelfriendliest hotelbar prices areentertainment every nightplenty of sunbedsgreat holidayhotel barmain roadrooms were cleaned every dayevery other dayyear after yearcleaned dailybreakfast and dinnereach eveningnothing is too much troublebars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I really enjoyed staying here. It was within easy reach of town, beach, restaurants. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we dad some great nights in the hotel being entertained by staff and other holdiay makers alike.

Very welcoming atmosphere, I would recommend it and would stay there again too. It is a 3* hotel which is reasonably priced, some people like to complain for the sake of it, perhaps not realising they're potentially affecting someone's livelihood.

Thank you Paphiessa staff, had a great time!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trudy A
Nikos M, Owner at Paphiessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Hello Trudy, my darling! Thanks you for your lovely words and we remember from your time with
us you had a very enjoyable stay at the Paphiessa. We hope you will consider returning to our hotel when you plan your next trip. You can be assured of our very warm Cypriot hospitality once again. Kindest regards, Nikos.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

Like so many others on here, I took note of previous reviews, but as always, decided to book a week's stay on half board basis and make a decision for myself. Well, sadly, I returned home greatly disappointed and horrified that such an establishment is still running.
The rooms are dated (indifferent to this fact!), but the cleanliness of them was something to be desired. Not only did we NOT receive housekeeping each day (even to just make up our beds!), but the shower curtain was brown with mould, the bath, black with scum and the drains of the bath & basin were blocked too. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable.
The staff were inhospitable, unhelpful, rude & unwilling to do anything other than the bare minimum. We had locked ourselves out one day & so went to reception to ask for a spare key. We were met by a surly attitudinal woman who said WE need to find the housekeeping lady & ask her to let us in. She returned to her office. We then spent the next 15mins scouring the lengths of the property to find housekeeping.
Dining was unlike I've ever experienced before. In fact, I wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy! I wouldn't feed the food to my dog! Breakfast's were disgraceful and dinner's were substandard, overcooked, uninteresting slop. Needless to say we ate out almost every day. At the few sittings we did brave, not once were we offered anything to drink! Astounding!
The bar each day is overrun by English old-timers who laze about the pool and drink themselves into a drunken stupor and at night it belts out an annoying host's voice adding insult to the terrible karaoke sessions.
The only good thing about this hotel, is its pool, which was refreshing in the heat.
Do yourselves a favour and avoid this hotel at all costs!!! They're lucky to have received a single star-rating from me - if there was a half-star rating, they'd get that!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scuesa

I thank you for taking your time to review us on trip advisor but I am scratching my head as to why, when many our other guests love our hotel, we got it so wrong for you? We never employ surly staff and we take pride in the levels of service we provide to all guests. As you can read on other reviews we do have very clean rooms, never with black scum anywhere. Had you found the accommodation not to be to your standard then a polite word at reception would have had your room cleaned again for you. All rooms are attended to on a daily basis and we take pride in the levels of comfort and cleanliness of our guest accommodation. On the matter of our food, we prepare a choice of both Cypriot and European cuisine daily but we never pretend that our kitchen is manned by Gordon Ramsay. To call our food 'slop' is not only personally offensive to me but also incredibly disrespectful to the hard working staff in our kitchen. I trust you will look for alternative accommodation on your next travels. Kind regards, Nikos.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

When we arrived, we were nervous about seeing the room due to bad reviews...yeh it woz dated but clean and shower was brill, we overlooked pool. The staff were really friendly and room was cleaned every day, pool area good and we found a spot that had sun all day.
We booked on a half board basis, breakfast was very basic, choice of boiled eggs, cheeses, some days warm ham ( ergh ) or cut up frankfurters, cold beans n jams...toaster, lovely juices and coffee, not much choice of cereal. The evening meals were very poor, not much choice and everything over cooked, we ate out a few times.
Some reviews have said that hotel on busy by pass but not a lot of traffic noise and crossing not a prob. The hotel is bout a 10 min walk from bar street n on tomb of king road, plenty ov bars offering buy 1 get 1 free on local shorts. Lovely walk along the front to the harbour and plenty of bars n shops along the way. We had a brill holiday and weather was fab...iv I did consider going back to this hotel, would def be on a self catering basis. We are going back to same area next year but dif hotel

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank dcfccvg
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I have just returned from a weeks half term break with my 14 year old daughter, I read all the reviews beforehand and most of them are very accurate. We had a room overlooking the pool and although it was lovely during the day it was very noisy at night due to the bar being below and the entertainment went on til 1am. Also there is a main road just outside the hotel grounds and that could be noisy. We went half board and it was very basic but ok for us, I am a vegetarian and had no problem eating there. The room was in need of redecorating but it was comfortable and cleaned everyday by maids. Most of the staff were very friendly and Jamie does a good job of keeping everyone entertained in the evenings. The harbour area is a 10 minute walk away and is a great place for a drink or a meal or just a walk, there are lots of different bars and restaurants and in the height of the season it must get very busy. The pool area is nice and sunbeds are easily available. Overall we had a very nice stay here and compared to prices at other hotels this was the best deal we could find. My only real complaint is I believe every room should have a kettle and a fridge, if you want a kettle in your room there is a 10 euro charge unless you are self catering then its free. Dont go here if you expect 4/5star quality but its fine if you want something cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: Rooms across the road at front of hotel are a lot quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gooner1234
Reviewed 2 November 2012

this hotel is what you make it,nicos is one of the most decent men I have met,the staff will do anything they can to help,treat them with the respect they deserve. rock on paphiessa.lol.garry&brenda conroy. ps, we are going back in 2 weeks if you want 5 star pay for it.and the cleaners are fabulous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family