“nikos the brute”
Review of Paphiessa Hotel

Paphiessa Hotel
Ranked #63 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I visited the paphiessa for the third time at exmas 2012,again i have no complaints i picked our accomadation i booked wrong had aword with nikos no problem,had a pint in the bar it was sorted there and then.compliments to all at the hotel a good stay.i have already booked 3 weeks for exmas 2013 nice people.

Room Tip: i cant give atip but if you dont like ity they will move you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garry c

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Myself, partner and child age 1 stayed at this hotel for one week in June 2012, and as I always do I look up here to see what people say about the place. I was getting a bit worried as some where so bad so I was not expecting much at all but we had an amazing week even if there was a few little things that could have been better. We paid a decent price so cant expect luxury! The location is maybe the thing we liked most about here as we had a 10 min walk to the beach, restraunts, shops etc. ( there is a small shop across the road from the hotel ) The food was fine also as I am fussy and veggie they did try to give me something i would eat and if it wasnt on the menu i could ask for something i did want. As it was half board we got breakfast and dinner included and my partner ate lovely looking meals each day aswell as our child. The staff where all friendly and all seemed to really take to our son which was nice. Only thing i didnt like about this hotel was there was there was a bunch of dogs who were barking really early each morning out the back of our room, nothing to do with the hotel i dont think. Dont know if there was any entertainment as we preferred to walk down to the main area and go to the market etc. Dont expect luxury but we had a lovely week.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kes2013
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel from March 18th - March 28th 2013. The breakfast was the same every day, as were the desserts in the evening, although the evening meals were so-so - very good depending on what was on offer. The front was about 10-15 minutes walk and we went there for a cooked breakfast and some evenings for a meal (even though we were on half board). The rooms were cleaned every day but I believe the towels were only changed every 3rd-4th day. Staff were pleasant. There are 2 pools - one for infants and one for everyone else. The water in the pool was checked daily. Our room was quite large with twin beds, bedside cabinets + lights. There wasn't enough light in the room as there wasn't a main light, only one above the dressing table and the ones just mentioned. There was
a balcony with 2 plastic chairs and someone had improvised a washing line.The bathroom needed work doing on it as the shower flex hose had holes in it and it was a wonder that it worked, the toilet also had been repaired and looked messy around the base. We were impressed however that although there weren't many in the hotel they put entertainment on every night including bingo, karaoke, race night, Family Fortunes type quiz, a comedian/singer and general knowledge quiz, these were arranged by Jamie who seemed to be in charge of all the entertainment.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side view so that you can see who is down there before you go down yourself.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cosmicjan
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We had booked through Mercury for 3 weeks on half board on a 3 for 2 offer. Having read reviews we did not expect too much but when you take off £200 for the flight plus approx £40 for the transfers that does not leave much for the hotel. We were on the bus with repeat travellers to the hotel which is always a good sign.

The furniture in the rooms was very old but in a good way as long as you're not hoping for modern. I didn't find them too small and the bathroom was adequate. The only problem in the room was a TV without remote. I didn't think this would be a problem - just ask reception I thought. Unfortunately the man at reception was quite sure we couldn't have a remote as tourists took them home,. Very unhelpful attitude.
The next morning at our welcome meeting we asked our rep and she saw someone different at reception and the remotes were given. What a shame we had such a bad impression the previous evening.
Following a previous review complaining of the cold swimming pool I phoned both Mercury and the Hotel. Both promised the pool was kept at a suitable temperature.
We went across to use the pool and found that it was freezing cold, and not looking very clean. Later we were told it had been like this for some time. If we had been given honest information at the beginning we would have accepted it. However, as my friend needed a pool for exercise we were pleased to accept help from our Rep. in finding alternative arrangements,
The breakfasts at the hotel were very good for the grade of hotel and a good start to the day. Toast, cheese, tomatoes, alternate days boiled/.scrambled eggs, every day sausage and baked beans. Porridge and two cereals were also available along with orange juice, tea and coffee.
Dinner was a choice of a salad or soup as a starter and then usually 4 or 5 different dishes for your to mix and match!/ Most of the meals I had were not exceptional but good value. One evening when I saw nothing that really appealled I asked for an omelette and was very pleased with it. Desserts were cake, jelly, caramel and a good variety of ice cream.
When we arrived there were a group on a Hen Party from Wales and we had a laugh with them. A couple of quizzes are held every week with a karaoke evening and a celebrity night. The only thing I found was that 10.00pm start for the quiz was a bit late.
James was running the entertainment and also helping behind the bar. If you could understand his accent it made the quizzes easier but he was very patient in repeating questions.
I imagine that families use the hotel during the summer but we were mainly an older group and we found most people very friendly.
There is a very good supermarket very close to the hotel.
There is a good probability we would return to the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank cypriotpal
Fritz K, Guest Relations Manager at Paphiessa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Please, go somewhere else!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed here from 10/3 to 20/3 2013. I received a fantastic welcome back from Nikos & all his staff. I was very well cared for, having suffered the recent & sudden death of my wife. Nikos treated me like a brother.
As usual the hotel - public areas & my room - were kept very clean. There was a problem with sand dust falling on the whole island having been blown over from north Africa, however, the cleaning staff did a wonderful job at clearing & cleaning every day.
Every guest I spoke to that were in the hotel/apartments etc for the first time said they would definitely return & recommend the Paphiessa to their family & friends.
A wonderful holiday

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool give the best views across towards the sea. All areas inside the hotel, g...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank David P
Reviewed 16 March 2013

the staff were very nice, hardworking and friendly but the overall facilities were not good at all. the apartment was pretty run down damp and dusty.an old cupboard had been discarded on the patio. the patio furniture had 3 different chairs visited by black slugs inside and out. plugged the toaster in and the electric went off. in need of a total refurbish.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lunijuni
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was my first time at the Paphiessa and I would definitely recommend it. The staff and hotel owner were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel was very reasonable and had everything you could possibly need for self catering. If you didnt want to eat out or cook you were welcome to join the hotel guests for dinner. The rooms were cleaned frequently and in a good location. The evenings in the bar were very entertaining thanks to the lovely team, Nikos, Mikhaela, Jamie and Steve. Paphos itself is lovely and everyone is so friendly, I hope to go back next year if not sooner.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple