“a good time once again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paphiessa Hotel Apartments

Paphiessa Hotel Apartments
Ranked #66 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“a good time once again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I have just spent a lovely two weeks at the Paphiessa it always feels like we are amongst friends when we visit this hotel its rustic charm clean rooms and very welcoming and helpful staff from being greeted in reception to housekeeping you cant fault the staff so we would like to send a big thankyou to to everyone so thankyou Mikhaela, Nicos, Navieed, Jamie and everyone else and see you in October

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeen45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I have read some previous reviews and dont understand what people are expecting?
I think this place is excellent value for money.
The rooms are clean, the staff are very friendly and they have entertainment every night.
It is only a 5 minute walk to the center of Paphos and 10 mins to the port.
I have stayed in 5*+ hotels and eaten in michelen starred restaurants and was not in the slightest bit disappointed by the Paphiessa.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martin W
Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a week stay in this hotel. This is quite a long review as I wanted to be thorough as I saw that there are some negative reviews for this hotel and I myself must admit I was slightly worried when I read some of them however there was no need to be. Firstly the apartment we had was large with balcony and overlooked the pool perfect. The room was cleaned daily beds made and bins empty whenever we went back to the room after it had been cleaned it smelt lovely don't know what air freshener they used but always smelt fresh and lovely. There is a huge pool with lots of sunbeds and I mean lots with umbrellas the pool area and sunbed area is spotless and it's like a little sun trap I got a wicked tan!!! We stayed half board food was fine not 5 star but we didn't pay for 5 star it was more than adequate breakfast consisted of fresh bread,croissants,eggs,sausages,b beans, continental such as ham cheese rolls etc porridge and two different cereals as well as toast and preserves coffee tea and juices so plenty of choice. Dinner was 3 courses soup and salads as starters fresh bread, the main course normal 3 different choices with rice potatoes and fresh veg. The week we were there we had fish pie, Mexican beef , pork in pepper sauce, roast chicken, moussaka so plenty of variety. Dessert was normally jelly, creme caramel, cake and 4 choices of ice cream (lovely). There is entertainment nightly sometimes a bit cheesy but was ok things like kareoke,quizzes,discos, bingo and we saw an Elton John Tribute act who was very good . Drink prices were in line with other bars in the area for a hotel bar that is good, entertainment does go on late into the night. The staff are friendly enough whilst we were there it was the owners birthday and he bought everyone in the bar a drink to celebrate his birthday which was really nice of him. There was a mix of ages when we stayed in the hotel but I think it's fair to say there are quite a lot from the older generation which didn't bother us there are people that we spoke to who return year after year and a lot of single travellers which says a lot about the hotel as being a safe and friendly hotel to stay at which people seem to do year after year. So to summarise hotel is lovely and friendly good service recieved. It's good value for your money it's not 5 star but definatly worth it's 3 star rating and a little bit more I think. We would definatly return. Now to location Kato Pathos again this was great about 5 to 7 min walk to bar street where it's all happening loads of bars and restaraunts and traditional taverns something for everyone. Lots of the bars have entertainment most nights tribute acts sporting events and such like. The harbour is beautiful loads to do there as well about 10 min walk from hotel. The Kings Avenue shopping mall is 10 mins walk from hotel and is great with lots of English stores in there including M and S and Zara defiantly worth a visit even if your not planning on shopping plenty of well known chains and restaraunts there Costa,Wagamamma TGI Fridays etc etc. if you walk another 10 mins on or so you come to the Tomb of a Kings area this is a great entertainment area lots of bars and restaraunts recommend Fat Mamas for a great night out good food huge portions and great shows put on. It's well worth the stroll took us about 25 mins from hotel at a slow pace. The people of Cyprus are lovely and really friendly and really seem to appreciate your business. A long review I know but I wanted to make sure I covered everything so in short lovely place to go on holiday and we will returning, nice friendly hotel in great location , Kato Pathos has something for every traveller. And of course the gorgeous hot sunny weather where your guaranteed a tan if your a sun worshiper like me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank 87Karen
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel on 3 occasions found the staff to be friendly food good and plenty of
facilities.The busy harbour is just a five minute away.Entertainment at the Nekter bar at the
hotel is excellent every night something is happening.Large swimming pool Bar pool service
all day.Enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the swimming pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank conmacp
Ponta Delgada, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Unfortunately I couldn't stay the two nights I spent in Pafos in the same hotel. I had booked a single night at Pyramos, but when I have decided to stay one more night they were fully booked. So, I had to stay in another place. According to my budget, Paphiessa hotel was my choice.
Talking about my double room, I have found it clean, spacious and quiet. My bed was comfortable and I could sleep very well. My balcony was facing the great swimming pool.
The breakfast was very good for what we pay. Sincerely I was not expecting more!
There were only two things I did not like in this hotel:
1) old carpets in the corridors and in the rooms difficult an efficient cleaning;
2) in spite of the quiet location, it is a little far from the Old Port.

Anyway, both service and ambience were good. The staff was polite, helpfull and very kind.
This hotel is a good choice if you are travelling on a low budget.

If I visit Pafos in the future, I really don't mind to stay here again, but I will check other possibilities for a central location. If you prefer a quiet place with a swimming pool than a central location, then I strongly recommend Paphiessa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank avieira67
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The manager Nicos made us feel very welcome his family and staff also, we stayed in 012 which over looked the pool and was nice and quiet, the room was cleaned daily . Lots of sunbeds and entertainment by Jamie on a night was fun good value for money, I would book again. Ask for pool view when booking .

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sam C
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

if you are a cat lover you will love this hotel,the place is full of them ,the standard joke is about the germans pinching all the sunbeds ,in this hotel it was the cats !! to be fair the people were friendly ,it was just the cats .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple