“average”

SunConnect Sofianna Resort
Ranked #58 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 20 March 2014

would like to say thank you to lisa and renata for making us feel welcome, the sofianna apts are very well placed near bar street, taxi rank and not far to sea front, lots of shops, bars, disco clubs, restaurants,will buzz in higher season. try the moonlight bar right oppposite amazing,,, we were given a security key for the safe which i think is a brilliant idea at no extra cost, this i think should be included in the price of your holiday anyway please note all hotels, rather than rip folk off. room was cleaned regularly sheets and towels too. lovely gardens, maids clean the sunbeds in the morning too. breakfast was the same everyday which again i aint picky but might not suit everyone. i felt the pool a bit slimy underfoot and looked a bit green in places but was assured cleaned regularly, the gym only the running machine worked, and one weight machine, bikes etc needs upgraded, there is an indoor pool too very warm good for kids, and a sauna if you wish. rooms are okay, some carpeted, i cant say anything negative, just constructive i hope, we had nice time here but it may not be for everyone

Room Tip: you may not want rooms over the bar could be noisy at night if you have kiddies, rooms opposite i th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Apparently the Sofianna has been through a refit. I dread to think what it looked like before. The rooms were spacious and there was a good balcony but the furniture and overall look was going back in time. The bathroom was very dated.
Beds where uncomfortable and 2 singles pushed together do not make a double!!
On our first night the roof leaked during a rain storm meaning we had to move rooms.
The outdoor pool looked very nice but being March was too cold to go in. The heated indoor pool was nice but small. Couldn't find the sauna and the Jacuzzi wasn't working.
Breakfast was appalling. 4 slices of toast, a cup of tea, ham, salami, cheese slices, salad and a boiled egg. It was the same every day!!
The apartments are in a central area but are very close to the main bars and clubs. In March this is fine but as the the summer kicks in I can imagine it gets very loud at night.
Was cheap and you can see why. If I go to Pathos again (unlikely) I'd pay extra to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the far end of the property away from the bars and clubs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Bad points: carpet smelt as though dogs were living there, large staines on carpet and dirty in most places, including under bed which I doubt they hoover including mattress after each occupant, I expect the place is infested with dustmites. When I booked, I particularly made a request that my room is hoovered properly as I suffer with dustmite allergy. As I arrived late in the evening, reception said I will have to wait till the morning for the cleaners to clean up. I asked if there was another room as the smell was making me feel sick. But the only other room available had a buzzing noise in the room which would have made it difficult to sleep and the engineer could not come till the next day so I slept on a lounger by the pool that evening but kept getting disturbed by the cats. Every evening laid on the loungers by pool till very tired in the early hours of the morning then eventually went to my room to continue sleeping but woke up with swollen eyes and lips due to dustmite allergy. The mirror, light switches, hairdryer, drawers, wardrobe very dirty and dusty. Ants in kitchen cupboard and work surfaces, microvave, inside and sides of cooker very dirty with left over food/crumbs and oil, water still in the kettle from previous occupants. Wasted my time waiting for the cleaner the next day so I could show her what to clean but she was not interested to clean everything, I reported this and asked for the cleaning materials and hoover so I could clean my room, but they refused. I ended up not using the kitchen (which meant it was costly eating out and kept all my belongings in my suitcase all week which was inconvenient. Although I took photos to add to this review and loaded them on my computer, but they were accidentally deleted. I wrote a letter to the manager while there complaining and asking for a least one night's refund as I paid the the week's stay on arrival, but never heard from him even though I asked to see him personally but was never available when I was, as I had excursions booked. I emailed him when I returned home and still never heard from him. I pressume the cleanliness of the rooms are dependant on individual cleaners. Although the rooms are dated it would have been comfortable provided the cleanliness was applied.
Good points: Pool and surrounding areas kept clean, sun beds always available, the two reception staff were pleasant.
Nice quite area convenient to facilities, but better hotels and apartments are in that area after speaking to people.
And when the manager reads this, waste of time apologising now to me, just listen to what people have been saying and get your cleaning staff sorted and inspect the rooms yourself!
As I have not had a result from you, I will be contacting all the travel agents who use your hotel to reconsider.

Room Tip: Room facing garden noisy with crickets all night Room facing derelict land and bins noisy twice a w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank leanne F
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were in sofianna in August 2013 because of the troubles in Turkey and it seems we will be back in March since it looks not safe in Turkey again!!!
Very pleasant stay , in a very central hotel with very nice people run it!especialy our cleaner Maroula! She sent us a Christmas card and brought all the memories back,

We spend a lot of time in "George and dragon» bar, free Wi-Fi!!!Maro very nice man always made us feel welcome!
We had most of our evening meals at the "Moonlight” tavern across the road from the hotel next to the little second hand shop (we have not been in there and we have not seen anybody go in there),
Great meals with reasonable prices and nice atmosphere!!!
We never use the pool bar but a lot of people did,
We had 2 trips one in mountains and one in coral bay!
Sea caves were wonderful, it happened to be there during the sunset.Do not forget your camera is out of this world!!!
In total very nice stay and we hope to be the same in March 2014!!!

Room Tip: if you got Maroula for cleaner you will be more than lucky , she used to bring us fruits from her v...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ari l
Reviewed 26 December 2013

First time in beutiful paphos and first time in this hotel , very nice position not far from anywhere and especialy the bus station, we been in so many places sea caves in aprodite rock , in polis and in light house! day ticket only 3 euros ,
Since we were self catering we used to do our shopping in the supermarket call papantoniou only down the road have everything in good prices , we only try little Kiosk ( look like second hand shop with old cloths and shoes outside!) across the road from the hotel entrance twice, very expensive and diferent prices for same things! 5 euros for a bottle of water and one beer and 3.50 two days earlier for same things!!!!!! well ,
some call it inflation !!!
some stealing!!!!!!!!!!
We be recommended by the owner (old lady with free fruits, well not that free because of the inflation or stealing i mention earlier!!!) to visit her brother's tavern call wind something which was in the corner but it was a bad idea very expensive and my wife got sick!
we spend a lot of time in "baywatch" bar and "oasen" restaurant!pint 1.50 pint , set menu 8.75 and same prices every night , no inflation we guess!!
in total nice holiday and defenetly we will be back!!!

Room Tip: room 235 got big balcony overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vasiliev t
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed here for a week in November .The hotel is in a great location only 5mins walk from the harbor and all the restaurants and bars.The room was large with everything you need for self catering.Housekeeping was excellent with clean towels everyday but one and sheets changed twice.Pool area was large and plenty of sunbeds.The indoor pool and gym also very good.The rooms might need a bit of paint around the edges but nothing major.Would defiantly stay again .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lottiegirl
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday at Sofianna,I agree with another review that if you were paying £400 for this holiday you would be disappointed but as we got this for £259 each we were very happy with it, place does need a bit of a revamp but it's clean with adequate facilities. Cleaning ladies were very friendly and came every day, bar staff were friendly enough(I sometimes think it's how you speak to people yourself) food was lovely and plenty of it. My only negative comment would be that we were shown to the vicinity of our room by receptionist but he didn't offer to help with the luggage, considering my partner was using crutches at the time and we had a child with us I thought it would've been nice if he'd helped me with the suitcases but he just watched me struggle. Local bars and restaurants were very nice serving lovely food although a few were closed due to the time of year. A lovely holiday in all!!

• Stayed: October 2013