“as the overall rate of this property says.... excellent!!!!”

SunConnect Sofianna Resort
Ranked #59 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 8 April 2014

wondeful holiday! wondeful staff and woneful town!!!! Green walking areas in the hotels door step!great places to visit few minutes away!logal places with exellent and reasonable priced food nearby!"moorings" and "moonlight" tavern (across the road),Hondros by horbour our best!
Yes! , hotel need refurnished but is very clean,we are not going on holidays to stay in hotels rooms but explore,
meet the people of the country, the culture and there is plenty of it around!
Try Fabrica hills up to the road and count number of flowers(spring is out), birds(is the migration time ), and plants(wild plants!) !!and thats is the city center of Kato paphos!!!
sea caves and rock of Aprodite also great places to visit!!
we will be back soon!!!!and we will stay again to this hotel!

Room Tip: Room 128 is next to the hotel's park! you can hear birds singimg every morning!!
4  Thank tilly t

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Visited in March and so area very quiet. Weather just right at this time of year.
Reception staff both friendly and helpful. Showed us to our rooms which were clean and functional. Beds comfortable and we got a good night's sleep, every night.
Unfortunately, rooms and common areas are very dated and in dire need of refurbishment. Old fashioned TV with not many channels but not a problem, as we don't go on holiday to watch TV. Plenty of electrical sockets (and they are 240 volt British sockets too). Kitchen area was more than adequate for our needs. Balcony overlooked the swimming pool but was very small. The free use of a safe in the room was a bonus. Wi Fi had to be paid for and was expensive - it should be free everywhere, in this day and age. Most of the bars have free wi fi anyway. We bought a local data only sim card for when we wanted internet access in the hotel.
Breakfast (every day) consisted of toast, a boiled egg, a small plate of cheese and fake Spam, tea or coffee and orange juice. We didn't bother with it after the second day. Supermarket around the corner. Groceries are pricey here but bottles of wine and beer are quite cheap. Swimming pool looked OK but we didn't use it.
In a good area and central to everything. There are a number of tours and boat trips in the area. There are a few interesting archaeological sites in the area and loads of bars and restaurants to choose from. A great bar is the sky Bar which is part of the Pyramos hotel. The George & Dragon is quite good too.
Food is pretty much the same, whichever restaurant you dine in, but the prices tend to vary a lot. A 1 litre caraf of house wine is usually cheaper than a 750ml bottle. The best meal we had (and the cheapest too) was on our last day at the Blue Mare, down by the castle. Try the grilled octopus - very nice.
They drive on left in Cyprus and it is probably cheaper to hire a car than using a minibus transfer. We booked with Economy Car Hire and it cost 40 GBP for the week, which included damage excess waiver and a full to full fair fuel policy.
Be sure to drive up to the capital (Nicosia) and cross the border (on foot) into Northern Cyprus for an hour or two (passports needed). Limassol is also worth a visit for a couple of hours.
Good holiday, all in all. I would certainly use this hotel again but I do wish they would a) update the place a little, b) provide free internet access and c) vary the breakfast a little.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Outrageous
Reviewed 20 March 2014

would like to say thank you to lisa and renata for making us feel welcome, the sofianna apts are very well placed near bar street, taxi rank and not far to sea front, lots of shops, bars, disco clubs, restaurants,will buzz in higher season. try the moonlight bar right oppposite amazing,,, we were given a security key for the safe which i think is a brilliant idea at no extra cost, this i think should be included in the price of your holiday anyway please note all hotels, rather than rip folk off. room was cleaned regularly sheets and towels too. lovely gardens, maids clean the sunbeds in the morning too. breakfast was the same everyday which again i aint picky but might not suit everyone. i felt the pool a bit slimy underfoot and looked a bit green in places but was assured cleaned regularly, the gym only the running machine worked, and one weight machine, bikes etc needs upgraded, there is an indoor pool too very warm good for kids, and a sauna if you wish. rooms are okay, some carpeted, i cant say anything negative, just constructive i hope, we had nice time here but it may not be for everyone

Room Tip: you may not want rooms over the bar could be noisy at night if you have kiddies, rooms opposite i th...
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Apparently the Sofianna has been through a refit. I dread to think what it looked like before. The rooms were spacious and there was a good balcony but the furniture and overall look was going back in time. The bathroom was very dated.
Beds where uncomfortable and 2 singles pushed together do not make a double!!
On our first night the roof leaked during a rain storm meaning we had to move rooms.
The outdoor pool looked very nice but being March was too cold to go in. The heated indoor pool was nice but small. Couldn't find the sauna and the Jacuzzi wasn't working.
Breakfast was appalling. 4 slices of toast, a cup of tea, ham, salami, cheese slices, salad and a boiled egg. It was the same every day!!
The apartments are in a central area but are very close to the main bars and clubs. In March this is fine but as the the summer kicks in I can imagine it gets very loud at night.
Was cheap and you can see why. If I go to Pathos again (unlikely) I'd pay extra to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the far end of the property away from the bars and clubs.
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Bad points: carpet smelt as though dogs were living there, large staines on carpet and dirty in most places, including under bed which I doubt they hoover including mattress after each occupant, I expect the place is infested with dustmites. When I booked, I particularly made a request that my room is hoovered properly as I suffer with dustmite allergy. As I arrived late in the evening, reception said I will have to wait till the morning for the cleaners to clean up. I asked if there was another room as the smell was making me feel sick. But the only other room available had a buzzing noise in the room which would have made it difficult to sleep and the engineer could not come till the next day so I slept on a lounger by the pool that evening but kept getting disturbed by the cats. Every evening laid on the loungers by pool till very tired in the early hours of the morning then eventually went to my room to continue sleeping but woke up with swollen eyes and lips due to dustmite allergy. The mirror, light switches, hairdryer, drawers, wardrobe very dirty and dusty. Ants in kitchen cupboard and work surfaces, microvave, inside and sides of cooker very dirty with left over food/crumbs and oil, water still in the kettle from previous occupants. Wasted my time waiting for the cleaner the next day so I could show her what to clean but she was not interested to clean everything, I reported this and asked for the cleaning materials and hoover so I could clean my room, but they refused. I ended up not using the kitchen (which meant it was costly eating out and kept all my belongings in my suitcase all week which was inconvenient. Although I took photos to add to this review and loaded them on my computer, but they were accidentally deleted. I wrote a letter to the manager while there complaining and asking for a least one night's refund as I paid the the week's stay on arrival, but never heard from him even though I asked to see him personally but was never available when I was, as I had excursions booked. I emailed him when I returned home and still never heard from him. I pressume the cleanliness of the rooms are dependant on individual cleaners. Although the rooms are dated it would have been comfortable provided the cleanliness was applied.
Good points: Pool and surrounding areas kept clean, sun beds always available, the two reception staff were pleasant.
Nice quite area convenient to facilities, but better hotels and apartments are in that area after speaking to people.
And when the manager reads this, waste of time apologising now to me, just listen to what people have been saying and get your cleaning staff sorted and inspect the rooms yourself!
As I have not had a result from you, I will be contacting all the travel agents who use your hotel to reconsider.

Room Tip: Room facing garden noisy with crickets all night Room facing derelict land and bins noisy twice a w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank leanne F
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were in sofianna in August 2013 because of the troubles in Turkey and it seems we will be back in March since it looks not safe in Turkey again!!!
Very pleasant stay , in a very central hotel with very nice people run it!especialy our cleaner Maroula! She sent us a Christmas card and brought all the memories back,

We spend a lot of time in "George and dragon» bar, free Wi-Fi!!!Maro very nice man always made us feel welcome!
We had most of our evening meals at the "Moonlight” tavern across the road from the hotel next to the little second hand shop (we have not been in there and we have not seen anybody go in there),
Great meals with reasonable prices and nice atmosphere!!!
We never use the pool bar but a lot of people did,
We had 2 trips one in mountains and one in coral bay!
Sea caves were wonderful, it happened to be there during the sunset.Do not forget your camera is out of this world!!!
In total very nice stay and we hope to be the same in March 2014!!!

Room Tip: if you got Maroula for cleaner you will be more than lucky , she used to bring us fruits from her v...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ari l
Reviewed 26 December 2013

First time in beutiful paphos and first time in this hotel , very nice position not far from anywhere and especialy the bus station, we been in so many places sea caves in aprodite rock , in polis and in light house! day ticket only 3 euros ,
Since we were self catering we used to do our shopping in the supermarket call papantoniou only down the road have everything in good prices , we only try little Kiosk ( look like second hand shop with old cloths and shoes outside!) across the road from the hotel entrance twice, very expensive and diferent prices for same things! 5 euros for a bottle of water and one beer and 3.50 two days earlier for same things!!!!!! well ,
some call it inflation !!!
some stealing!!!!!!!!!!
We be recommended by the owner (old lady with free fruits, well not that free because of the inflation or stealing i mention earlier!!!) to visit her brother's tavern call wind something which was in the corner but it was a bad idea very expensive and my wife got sick!
we spend a lot of time in "baywatch" bar and "oasen" restaurant!pint 1.50 pint , set menu 8.75 and same prices every night , no inflation we guess!!
in total nice holiday and defenetly we will be back!!!

Room Tip: room 235 got big balcony overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple