“pleasant stay.”

Ranked #50 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“pleasant stay.”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just got back from a weeks holiday in Paphos staying at the Tasmaria apartments. Although the weather was far from good, we were very happy with the apartment. We had booked a self-catering double room with views of the pool.We were upgraded to B&B free of charge. The room & surroundings were spotlessly clean. towels & bed changed mid-week. Breakfast was served in the adjoining restaurant. It was "help yourselves" & we found it to be adequate if not a little boring by the end of the week. The apartments are in a very handy position for shops, eating out & local buses. As the price we paid was very reasonable, we would recommend these simple, clean apartments to our family & friends.(A TV in the room would have been great when we were stuck in for two days due to heavy rain). Staff very friendly & helpful. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view of the pool. We had a room with a separate bedroom.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cazwaz47

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We had three studios booked between 4 of us. Feeling a little tired on arrival it was off putting to find we had to cart our cases up many stairs to the studios. No one was available to help us and I had forgotten to mention in my booking that I had a problem so that was my own fault. The gentleman at reception promised I could have help the following morning and as one of the studios for my friends was on the ground floor my case was left in their room with me just taking up the essential for the first night. It was explained where we would take our breakfast and none of us had any complaint with the size of the apartments. Off we went for a late dinner at Aphrodite Kings.
What a lovely surprise the breakfast was. A very good choice available with tasty bacon and sausages, eggs and other hot dishes. Cereals, toast, fresh fruit and an abundance of fresh coffee and tea were available. The juice was concentrated but very pleasant.
The one thing the studios could do with was a TV. When my friend saw the apartments earlier in the year she was told TVs were being supplied but I think that must be more in the future. I only used the bar once but found it very good and friendly. If we were staying longer I am sure it would have been visited more often.
The position of the apartments is excellent and the staff very friendly. I have suggested a handrail along the couple of very steep slopes would be beneficial.
For value for money these apartments would take a lot of beating. A most pleasant stay.

Room Tip: As there is no lift remember to ask for a low floor if you have a problem with stairs. There is a t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Friendly welcome, great staff and superb apartments - we love staying at this hotel and the location is fantastic

Breakfast is full English with some continental options but service was a bit hit and miss although we understand they only opened with new staff a couple of days before we arrived and by the end things where far improved.

Room Tip: one bedroom apartments have more space than studio but all excellent
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndyMuz
Athens,Greece
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I' ve been to this apart hotel ,Easter of 2014. The room was spacious ,kitchen provided with dishes etc, 3X6 m balcony (inner view facing)- there are other apts with ext view .The Hotel is located at about 45' walk from the Kato Paphos marina (where life is..)..U better rent a car...
The buffet breakfast was adequate (basic English ..) and there was a free parking lot for about 12 cars.Swimming pool was ok, although medium size.Wi- Fi only at the reception & pool bar area.
There was not a TV in the room...but there was an aircondition which probably had to request the remote control from the reception in order to operate (cooling only?) I dont know if they ll charge for this.
However, when I asked for heating -just in case that I ll needed, they replied .." to add a second blanket in the bed"..
Hot water after 2-3' when opening the faucet..Not any complementary cosmetics or shampoos provided.
Over all, the place was calm and no noises where audibles..probably it was a low season period..
Room service provided every day, but during my 3 nights stay they have not changed the sheets,neither the bathroom towels..!
There is a municipal bus service every 20-30' to K.Paphos. The local area is well organized with tavernas ,mini markets etc. The sea is not in a proxime distance and the Paphos coast (appart from the light house - shipp wreck area), is mainly a rocky beach..
Some tavernas in Kato Paphos offer a set menu lunch/diner at 10-15€ ,without alcohol drink.
Paphos is the gate to west Cyprus' natural reserve areas (the most worthwiles..in the island ) offering a variety of activities for a pleasand leisure for all ages .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Demis P
Sestri Levante, Italy
Reviewed 18 March 2014

For the price that I paied I got much more than expected. My room was a wide two-rooms apartment (surface approx 45 m2) with balcony and large bath-room. At the reception a kind english girl welcomed me. Close to the reception there was a nice swimming pool and lounge bar, whose prices are very reasonable. Three screens showed Uefa Champions football matches. Parking close to the hotel. The morning after I enjoyed a wide buffet breakfast. The location of Tasmaria is ideal, nearby the main road where all restaurants and pubs are located. It was my starting point of my trip from Paphos to the eastern part of Cyprus. At the lounge bar I had conversations with english retired couples, that told me to be frequent clients of Tasmaria. Ciao from Italy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank jackbrabham2016
Preston, Lancs
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for 5 days in August whilst I attended my friend's wedding in Cyprus. The apartment I stayed in was basic, but clean and quite large, with its own seperate balcony. I was on my own for the first few days until my partner joined me, but I felt quite safe in the apartment, and when I couldn't get the window in the bathroom to lock, the man from reception was very helpful and came and locked it for me.
The pool area is really nice. It wasn't too busy when I was there, even though it was August. The sun beds are very comfortable, as are the chairs in the bar area. The drinks were very reasonably priced.
The staff arevery helpful and the lady on reception gave me some spray when a mosquito bite that I had got infected.
The hotel is in a good location as it's on the main road where you can catch the tour bus or a local bus in to Coral Bay or Paphos town.
The only slight disappointment was when I had to pay an extra €60 when my partner joined me in the apartment. I don't really think I should have to pay for an extra person when I have booked a self-catering apartment as it made no difference to the hotel than one extra person was staying there with me or not, it was no extra expense for them. I guess I've seen other hotels do this too though, so I can't complain too much.
Overall a nice little hotel, with very friendly staff in a good location for exploring Cyprus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WeeDougie1
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Small but friendly apartment hotel. Good sized rooms, nice pool and lounge area. On the main road so near to other restaurants and bars, also on a bus route into the harbour area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends