“A Good Middle of the Road Hotel”
Review of Veronica Hotel

Veronica Hotel
Ranked #58 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“A Good Middle of the Road Hotel”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed at the Veronica 10 -17th March. After reading some of the reviews about the hotel, we went with an open mind. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms we stayed in on the first floor were a little tired looking, but very adequate for a weeks stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, if we asked for anything it was actioned quickly ( TV retuning). The public areas were very clean, so were the rooms.
The food was excellent and the chef should be commended for producing very nice meals during the whole of our stay. The dining room staff were exceptional, very friendly and efficient. They worked very hard and made sure all the guests were well looked after.
Evening entertainment was lacking but that did not spoil our stay. There was a happy hour and all the sports were available somewhere in the vicinity. Diane ran the bar very well and deserves a mention for her friendly way with the customers.
The hotel location was excellent for getting down to the coastal path walk into Paphos, a must if your in Paphos. Great views and a lovely walk.
Overall a very enjoyable week in Paphos, are there better hotels? Probably, but will you have the same personal touches, I'm not so sure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kevin A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Normanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Veronica is a really clean hotel however we booked without realizing the all inclusive was a light a/i so we got 6 tickets for drinks per day,the drinks you paid for were very expensive including tea coffee and water,we paid for a pool view but was given a side hotel room which when I told them we moved to a different room next day,there was one plug socket in the room we were told we could rent a double adapter for 3 euros a day the fridge was 2.5 euro's a day.the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you,the food was ok the first week but then a lot of Russians came in and the food deteriorated it was barely warm,no entertainment of any kind except for tv.we definitely would not go back.

Room Tip: Definitely get a pool view the rooms are more modern and take a double adapter
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alisonrayne
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

bit out from harbour but to us it made the holiday, loved the stroll there on the seafront to get there and if you didn't feel like it as soon as you went to a bus stop a bus would be there to take you ! A bus stop either way outside hotel doors giving you instant travel for 1 euro anywhere once or 3 euro all day , giving unbelievable value which we used to see lots of things jumping onto connecting buses.
hotel very clean, service friendly food very good. I am a funny eater and never left the table hungry.
We have said we will return to visit the places that only one weeks holiday deprived us off.
Nothing negative to comment on :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alison1117
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I have just returned from a wonderful stay in Paphos. I stayed at Hotel Veronica and when entering the hotel I was not disappointed, Good layout and decor, I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. I was welcomed by a lovely lady on Reception who was extremely helpful. I had a lovely room, it was very clean and spacious, I had a large balcony with a nice view. The shower was always hot and the bed very comfortable. The room was cleaned every day and I had fresh towels on a regular basis. The restaurant was also of a good standard. There was a very good selection of food, hot and cold, something for everyone. Try the fish, highly recommended. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. Also try and make it to your welcome meeting, Kirsty is great, she knows everything. I would definitely return to this Hotel and to Paphos. The people are very warm and friendly and they made the holiday very memorable for me.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank LoganBerry123
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2013

On entry to the hotel was impressed by the standard of the public areas, On entering the bedroom shocked. Extremely basis. Room in sad condition. The bathroom had many faults it was in a dirty state, bath and surrounds.door, walls all required a good clean. Inadequate storage one very small shelf. food was of a reasonable standard. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank george m

Travellers are raving about these Paphos hotels

Chester
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My father and step mother stayed at Veronica Hotel on an all-inclusive package only a couple of weeks ago, and have returned feeling very disappointed. On arrival in the late evening, there was no food available, and they were not told about where they could get some food after their journey (they are both diabetic and control it through diet, so have to eat regularly). They were given an envelope with six coloured tickets in it; this represented the next day's 'all-inclusive' part of the package, that they could have three drinks (tea/coffee/soft drinks or half a lager) each for free, and everything else had to be paid for. This was the case every day. They were not alone and others staying at the same time were commenting on how much extra they were having to pay out on what they thought was an all-inclusive package. Also, there were huge discrepancies in the quality of the food; the daytime food was excellent, plentiful selections of good quality food. The evening meals on the other hand were appalling, without exception; most regulars - and there were people who were staying for two/three/four weeks and more - were eating at local bars and cafes every night, such was the quality of the food; my parents ended up doing the same. They were told by the hotel that one of the chefs had left several weeks before, and that was the end of the explanation. I know that people say 'you get what you pay for' but if you pay for all-inclusive, you do expect to be able to get that, even in a three star hotel, and you also expect the evening meals to be edible. I'm considering going to Cyprus later in the year, but this will be one hotel that I'll definitely steer clear of. I am writing this review for them as, by their own admission, they are not brilliant on computers yet wanted to let others know about their experience. They reported their complaints to their travel agent, who was equally concerned and is following the matter up separately.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Julie C
Gosport, Hampshire, England
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Hotel was chosen for a 4 week stay in January as was the cheapest I could find. Overall I had no complaints based on what I paid. Hotel was kept clean. I was fortunate in not finding any cockroaches or ants in my room although I was aware of other guests who were not so lucky. I very much enjoyed the food as always plenty of choice and you would have to be a very fussy eater not to find something you like at each meal. Hotel definitely needs updating but overall it was ok.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor have best views.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo