“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Veronica Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Veronica Hotel
Ranked #59 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Limassol District, Cyprus
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Veronica hotel is the best choice at paphos because it offers 3 stars prices but 4 stars facilities.Very clean rooms,excellent service,
Perfect food,great location.it is
definitely the best choice.i have stayed in several hotels at paphos but Veronica was my best experience.

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank matheous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The hotel is in very bad condition. Furniture should be replaced long ago, bathroom closed for restoration, walls painted. We stayed at new year, it was really cold, air condition probably for savings purposes was not able to operate continuously.
Reception staff was arrogant, and food terrible. The new years eve party's (extra charged)courses were then served for another few days as a regular food with increasing volume of sauce. Family room on the top floor without lift. One of the beds had pillow next to fridge - which although pretty noisy was unable to cool anything.
I am reallu suprised with other reviews on this forum, too late I've checked other sources.

Two light spots - beautiful Cyprus which is probably why people tend to rate higher and a pack of cats begging for foods. Food was poor, so kids had plenty of it to feed cats :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paweł Z

Travellers are raving about these Paphos hotels

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed at this Hotel for the second time.This year just as good as last year.Bonus being free e sta
WiFi in the lounge.We booked B and B and everything was superb.Great Bus service,great local
restaurants and weather fine for early Feb.Also great value for money.

Alex&Gaynor.

Edinburgh.

Room Tip: One facing the main road.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex B
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just had a very pleasant week in Paphos, staying at this hotel. We arrived quite late in the evening and our first impression was that the room seemed quite dated and cold (as was the bed) but I suspect this may be because the curtains were closed and there was no heating on. The next day dawned bright and sunny, we opened the curtains to let the sun in and in the evening got the reverse cycle air conditioner going. The room with a balcony overlooked the pool area. The hotel was quiet at night and we had no real problems. Breakfast was really good, but the evening meal does let the hotel down. On the plus side, the owner of the hotel was in evidence throughout the week, which was very reassuring.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christina B
Bath, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very disappointing hotel. I have just returned from a 2 week stay 25th January to 8th February 2014 and would not consider going there again. Although you could control the room temperature, the corridors, restaurant and lounges were cold throughout my 2 week stay. I packed lots of light clothing for evening wear but never wore any of it as it was too cold. I took 2 cardigans and hardly took them off whilst in the hotel. My room was situated on the ground floor almost overlooking the pool, apart from the garden foliage outside my room. I think it was room 144. There were just 4 rooms off this corridor and you had to go outside and up some steps to get to the restaurant and main hotel. Either that or you had a very long walk up stairs and along corridors to get there which was not very helpful when it was raining or very windy. I am 73 years of age and quite fit so it did not bother me too much but for someone who is elderly and not quite so fit it would not be suitable. The corridor seemed to be used by people as a short cut to and from the hotel car park so it could be annoying late at night or early in the morning. Also, there were fire doors at either end which were supposed to be kept closed at all times but they were always held open by hooks on the wall. I was the only person seemingly who used to close them. When it was windy it was very draughty. My ear plugs were a life saver. Unfortunately the occupants of the room above me seemed to enjoy moving their furniture around at 10 minute intervals even at 1 am.

My room was alright but the bathroom needed complete renovation. The plug was too small in the sink and the shower head was blocked and hardly usable although this was replaced promptly when I reported it. I also mentioned the sink plug being too small but if they replaced it the other one was exactly the same.

A cleaner came in every day and 'washed' the floor but never did under the bed. I had a double bed in my room which was alright but basic. I had to ask for extra blankets to put on top of the mattress to make it more comfortable and, I hoped, warmer.

Evening meals left a lot to be desired. Vegetables were usually overcooked, in particular sprouts (watery) courgettes and aubergines (mushy). I did not see any fresh carrots, only tinned or frozen and we had mixed frozen vegetables twice. The peas were awful. The soup was never seasoned enough but it usually tasted OK if you added your own seasoning at the table. I am not a salad person but the salads looked OK to me. I had pasta on one occasion (Carbonara) which I liked but the sauce was too thin and you had to fish around for the pieces of ham and mushrooms. It was the same dessert every day apart from one or two days when they had a caramel dessert. It was usually gateau with lots of synthetic 'cream'.

Breakfast for me was a complete disaster. I like warm milk on my cereals and when I asked for this I was told it was only for mothers with babies. They have a machine which dispenses hot drinks, coffee, hot water etc but no hot milk. It would be helpful if there was a microwave so that guests could warm their own milk if they wanted to. There were 3 toasters but they were all exceedingly slow - I gave up in the end. There was no bacon during my 2 week stay. The 'tea' came out of an urn (no tea bags in this hotel) and it looked like coloured water. I didn't bother with it as I had packed a kettle and had tea bags in my room. I bought a litre of UHT milk which lasted 5 days.

I didn't mind the location of the hotel although it was a fair walk to the harbour. There was a bus stop close by and the cost per journey is one euro fifty cents.

I have stayed in 3 star hotels before in Cyprus, notably the Dionysis and Agapinor. I found the Dionysis to be cold and draughty as well but the food was of a much higher standard. I would stay at the Agapinor again as the rooms were carpeted and I found the temperature of the hotel in the rooms and communal areas to be consistent - cardigans were not needed.

So, I am sorry to say that I will definitely not be staying at the Veronica Hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid a room where you have to go outside in order to get to the main hotel, restaurant etc.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank daffodil_8
Peterlee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. This was a budget holiday so we got a budget hotel. We found rooms were dated, staff were miserable & all inclusive was a joke.
It Was a 20 minute walk to the marina & a 5 minute walk to the beach.
Bus service was good.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 69bear
milford haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed again at the Veronica in Sept/oct and again in December. My review as always is an excellent time to be had there. Staff are magnificent and hard working, that includes everyone. Rooms are always clean with clean sheets and towels every other day. I stay in many hotels all over the world, all stars, but always have to come back to this one. Friendliness is second to none, you certainly get what you pay for at this hotel. If you need special food for any reason, i.e. veggie, coeliac, diabetes or any special diet you are on, all you have to do is ask them and chef will oblige. Will be going back again in March for a month and can't wait to say hello to all my friends that I have made there, including the local people who call in in the evenings. LOVE IT

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple