“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Cyprus
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Everything was perfect! Food,rooms,service . I advice everyone to stay there!!
Thank you for your hospitality.

Amazing cyprus foods, pool was very clean and the service very helpful to help for everything even to help you with airlines . Very kind and clean.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ok as already said by others this is only a 3 star cheap hotel so was not expecting great things but having booked this as a package holiday with Thomas Cook I expected it to perhaps have some sort of standard.
On arrival the Hotel from the outside and from its entrance lobby looked fine, it was once we spoke with the grumpy lady on reception that things started to go down hill. Being presented with a piece of paper being told find name wasnt really a very welcoming start but none the less we found name and checked in. Paid for safety deposit box in room so also collected that key.
We was in room 324, on opening the door it was very reminiscent of my garage at home with the old un wanted fridge freezer complete with 1980's tv perched on the top. The room was probably the same as when the hotel was built with surface mounted electrics and only one plug socket in the room.
We had bed and breakfast but only tried the breakfast buffet once ( Very Poor). We only used the pool once as this area was small and you had to go through all the sunbeds to find ones that you could actually use as they were either torn, split or had screws missing.
Whilst there we had 2 occasions of no water in the room which was a problem when it went off when i was half way through a shower so was covered in soap.
In the end all we actually did was sleep at the hotel nothing else.
Its perhaps worth pointing out that the hotel guests are predominantly Russian so bare this in mind if you are wanting to go away to chat with others.
Upon checking out we was met with exactly the same grumpy receptionist. We returned all keys including the safe key which we had paid a deposit on. Our invoice showed the deposit but the lady said that we should have also signed a book for the deposit which we hadnt so no deposit was going to be returned upon pointing out that we had paid and it showed on the invoice we was just told "Thankyou Goodbye" about 4 times until we finally walked away.

If anyone reads this from Thomas Cook!!!
1/ This hotel should not be on your bookings.
2/ No rep or contact details for rep in hotel.
3/ This hotel is aimed at Russian guests who have a rep daily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gregstac

Travellers are raving about these Paphos hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

To be fair this was a budget hotel and I wasn't expecting much. I can't fault the cleanliness of the hotel but it's the people who work there give it a bad name.

We had a problem with only 1 plug socket in our room (222) and when we used the hair dryer it tripped the fuse so we rang down to reception to inform of the problem, sent a girl up and she knocked on out door and said " I'll show you where the fuse box is because I don't have time to keep coming to sort it out!!!!!" No apology or politeness at all.

All the staff are pretty miserable so if you don't mind unhelpful, rude people then you can defo stay here. I for one would never ever return to this place and I'd advise no one else to stay here either.

• Stayed May 2014
Droitwich, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited this with my two young children having paid a substantial amount and when I arrived I was told I had only booked for 1A1C but I clearly had paperwork stating I had 1A2C so had to wait around until they realised I had actually paid for three of us, also there was works going on at the hotel which I had not been made aware of so at 0700am I was woken by diggers and dust all over the balcony, I spoke to reception and was basically ignored, after two days I demanded to be moved to another room after On The Beach refused to help me without paying more money, I lost a day waiting for then to decide which room we could move to and moving myself and the kids, we made the best of what we could but this place was a complete nightmare and let down, the staff couldn't care less, food was extremely basic as well so nothing positive to add there...we couldn't spend days by the pool due to the noise going on from the workmen and there was no respite from this as they worked all through the weekend as well. No hardship really as during my 7 days there not once was the pool cleaned, floating debris and generally just extremely dirty

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa H
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Nice entrance, dark and dreary inside, needs lightening up! Reception Staff pleasant, one lady with glasses, mid 40's, didn't really help me with my clear questions, I wanted to make a quick call from the Reception desk to confirm my return transfer to the Airport, I offered 1 EURO as it was literally a quick 1 minute cal, she insisted I make the call from my room at 1.26 Euros per unit.. I only wanted to make a 1 minute call...She could've helped me on this... The Receptionist on checkout saved the day and made the call complimentary without hesitation. The room was standard, faced a busy road, it was ok... The TV and Remote so SO OLD..Didn't work properly sadly to say.. I had a Bath twice and strips of paint work would rise to the surface...niccceeee.NOT. The Pool was the highlight and it was a great suntrap! It looked cold, but the sun beds were good for me, The Breakfast was poor as most people have mentioned. It was edible but somewhat limited like most Cyprus 3 Star Hotels... The Juice was lovely! The Porridge - how much Sugar they put in it was far too much! The Strips of meat to pass off as bacon looked odd and un-inviting ...The Sausages didn't look right...The Frankfurter variety but very much odd pink colour...The Eggs were fine. Served its purpose for the amazing price.. I probably would stay elsewhere next time as there are so many Hotels around AND Paphos is Huge!

Room Tip: Choose a Swimming pool view!..Save yourself!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Grantham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

On arriving,we were met at reception with a friendly hello.First impressions looked very promising,room was nice, clean and comfortable.What was annoying was the fridge wasn't working,there were no coffee/ tea making facilities and no welcome pack giving you the basic rundown on how things should be,ie-: how to get outside line from phone why the fridge wasn't working and what time breakfast and dinner was served.As this was a new part of the hotel and we were apparently the first people to stay in this room I would have thought there would have been more knowledge on all of the above mentioned.When I went down to reception to inform them that the fridge wasn't working I was told that it was extra at a daily charge of 2.50 euros.Well you can imagine my response,not a happy chappie.This is not all bad as on returning to the room I did the usual scout round and discovered that the said fridge was on its own circuit,all I then did was unplug it and plugged it into another socket and 'whalla' fridge up and running no charge.Other than that the only other thing that spoilt our stay was the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Full English breakfast consisted of some sort of fried spam passed off as bacon and sausages that you get out of a tin (I think they are called hot dog sausages)my wife has just commented that they were worse than hot dog sausages.The eggs were that hard you would think that they was hard boiled sunny side up. The evening meal on the first night was disgusting and when I say this I'm not being over the top,I wouldn't have given it to a stray dog.As you can imagine after this awful encounter we decided to dine out every evening after as I wasn't prepared to risk eating the evening meal again.As for breakfast we had coffee and toast with a few beans, and porridge so as you may well be aware it cost me a lot more money than it should have done having to eat out.To summarise if your going to stay at this hotel go room only as the room we had was acceptable but don't go b/b or h/b or even a/I you will regret it
Regards Tony
Grantham Lincs

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tony B
Canterbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

If they billed this as "full board plus" it would have been better, but there were so many quirks and rules with their all inclusive "light" that it became really annoying. Also, they have just completed works on a brand new extension, but they have not added any extra facilities for the additional guests. My room was very basic, which was fine, but it was also dated, tired and grubby, which was not fine. I had a fridge in my room, but there was a cost of 25 euros to use it. The pool area was also tired and dirty and several of the sun beds were worn and broken, even dangerous. I had the opportunity to see the rooms in the new extension and they were much better than mine, however if all of the guests this hotel can now accommodate decided to visit the pool at the same time, there would definitely not be enough room for everyone, probably not even enough room for half of the guests.

Room Tip: Ask for the new extension to this hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends