“Disgruntled and disappointed”
Review of Veronica Hotel

Veronica Hotel
Ranked #55 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I can tell you the description of hotel is unclear. The shop, laundry, massage are off site. The all inclusive light package is a joke, shining light is Diane in main bar
Go to CROCODILE Pub, BOOOM!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam C

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The location of the hotel is amazing because is neat to everything you want to visit. Castle, cafes,restaurants and most of the side views of the town. Beach is also near. The hotel is nice and warm. People who work there look great and pleasant. I learn also greek from the people there and how to cook the amazing cypriot food thanks to the chief of the hotel .

I SUGGEST people to VISIT the hotel. Is cheap and nice for friends,families and single people. You have to try the cuzine of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view, or pool view if you want to watch the sun goes down.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank haris p
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hotel was very clean and food was very good and varied. Staff excellent with the exception of one receptionist who was very curt and not very helpful. Bar service and restaurant service excellent. Staff very friendly. Hotel was handy for buses to get round the island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Vera W
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Everything was perfect! Food,rooms,service . I advice everyone to stay there!!
Thank you for your hospitality.

Amazing cyprus foods, pool was very clean and the service very helpful to help for everything even to help you with airlines . Very kind and clean.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Ok as already said by others this is only a 3 star cheap hotel so was not expecting great things but having booked this as a package holiday with Thomas Cook I expected it to perhaps have some sort of standard.
On arrival the Hotel from the outside and from its entrance lobby looked fine, it was once we spoke with the grumpy lady on reception that things started to go down hill. Being presented with a piece of paper being told find name wasnt really a very welcoming start but none the less we found name and checked in. Paid for safety deposit box in room so also collected that key.
We was in room 324, on opening the door it was very reminiscent of my garage at home with the old un wanted fridge freezer complete with 1980's tv perched on the top. The room was probably the same as when the hotel was built with surface mounted electrics and only one plug socket in the room.
We had bed and breakfast but only tried the breakfast buffet once ( Very Poor). We only used the pool once as this area was small and you had to go through all the sunbeds to find ones that you could actually use as they were either torn, split or had screws missing.
Whilst there we had 2 occasions of no water in the room which was a problem when it went off when i was half way through a shower so was covered in soap.
In the end all we actually did was sleep at the hotel nothing else.
Its perhaps worth pointing out that the hotel guests are predominantly Russian so bare this in mind if you are wanting to go away to chat with others.
Upon checking out we was met with exactly the same grumpy receptionist. We returned all keys including the safe key which we had paid a deposit on. Our invoice showed the deposit but the lady said that we should have also signed a book for the deposit which we hadnt so no deposit was going to be returned upon pointing out that we had paid and it showed on the invoice we was just told "Thankyou Goodbye" about 4 times until we finally walked away.

If anyone reads this from Thomas Cook!!!
1/ This hotel should not be on your bookings.
2/ No rep or contact details for rep in hotel.
3/ This hotel is aimed at Russian guests who have a rep daily.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gregstac
Reviewed 3 June 2014

To be fair this was a budget hotel and I wasn't expecting much. I can't fault the cleanliness of the hotel but it's the people who work there give it a bad name.

We had a problem with only 1 plug socket in our room (222) and when we used the hair dryer it tripped the fuse so we rang down to reception to inform of the problem, sent a girl up and she knocked on out door and said " I'll show you where the fuse box is because I don't have time to keep coming to sort it out!!!!!" No apology or politeness at all.

All the staff are pretty miserable so if you don't mind unhelpful, rude people then you can defo stay here. I for one would never ever return to this place and I'd advise no one else to stay here either.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited this with my two young children having paid a substantial amount and when I arrived I was told I had only booked for 1A1C but I clearly had paperwork stating I had 1A2C so had to wait around until they realised I had actually paid for three of us, also there was works going on at the hotel which I had not been made aware of so at 0700am I was woken by diggers and dust all over the balcony, I spoke to reception and was basically ignored, after two days I demanded to be moved to another room after On The Beach refused to help me without paying more money, I lost a day waiting for then to decide which room we could move to and moving myself and the kids, we made the best of what we could but this place was a complete nightmare and let down, the staff couldn't care less, food was extremely basic as well so nothing positive to add there...we couldn't spend days by the pool due to the noise going on from the workmen and there was no respite from this as they worked all through the weekend as well. No hardship really as during my 7 days there not once was the pool cleaned, floating debris and generally just extremely dirty

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family