“Gone downhill”
Review of Veronica Hotel

Veronica Hotel
Ranked #55 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I reviewed this hotel last year saying what a wonderful stay we'd had. What a difference this year. The hotel has had 60 new rooms added on but unfortunately the rest of the hotel has been given no attention what so ever. Last year it was dated but clean, this year I think the domestic staff have all the extra room but no extra staff. Cleanliness levels have certainly dropped. On the catering side the food was the same, Luke warm, boring food every night. Even my husband, who will eat anything, on two occasions just walked up to it and walked away. We stayed half board but ate in the hotel only twice. Last year in the dining room members of staff would greet you with a friendly smile but even this seems to have disappeared. It's a shame because it's in a quiet location but not far from the night life. Sorry Veronica but I very much doubt we will return.

Room Tip: Choose one of the new ones.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TMB1976

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Very nice and quiet hotel. Brand new room with garden and sea view. Food was delicious, lots of very tasty salads. Pool has a good condition and you can always select, if you want to get sun or shade. Staff is very helpfull and has a good attitude. We always got a great directions for trips on the reception. The room was cleaned well every day. The hotel has a good location, because its very near the seaside, but also near the bus stations, shops, restaurants etc. We had no problems during all 10 days and we would definitely get back again :-) Lovely place.
Glad and satisfied, Kamil and Adela :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kamil R
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here for 10 nights last October. Lovely and quiet, clean and spacious room with a view over the gardens. Food was very good and a plethora of dishes to choose from at every meal. Pool was never over crowded at that time of year but still plenty of sunshine to allow me to enjoy it.

Just a stroll away from the centre and a great bus service to local attractions. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin_Claxton
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visit Hotel Veronica at least 3 times a year. This Hotel feels like my second home. The Management and staff have become my friends and I look forward to seeing them when I return, I miss them when I go home. I have also got to know many of the lovely customers who also return again and again. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a good view. The pool is a good size and the bar in the evening is highly recommended, I am there with the customers every evening. The hotel is in a very good location, near the harbour and there is a bus stop just outside and a taxi rank next door. You are approximately 20 mins from the airport. I will be returning again in September and I am looking forward to it. I hope this review has been helpful, if there is anything else you need to know please ask me, in the meantime book it and try it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice especially the ones on the 4th foor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank LoganBerry123
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have arrived back from the Veronica hotel today after a 10 day stay. After reading reviews on here I was quite worried but was also advised to ask for a new room. I emailed the hotel and requested this. The room was new and very clean, view from balcony wasn't great but who sits on the balcony all day anyway?!
Unfortunately the food was awful and this isn't me being fussy as my other half who normally eats anything and everything wasn't keen
The receptionists are very rude and unhelpful. Yesterday we checked out at 12 but weren't getting picked up until 7pm. We asked for a courtesy room for half an hour but were told no, I then asked again a few hours later and was told I could use the shower, the lady rang someone and I was told to follow her. She led me downstairs to a dark and cold basement with barely any light, the woman showing me was just as lost as I was
Overall not a bad hotel. But staff and food need major improvement !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shannonjmurray
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Just dirty and terrible hotel! I've been there with my wife last december for one night and we wanted to leave the hotel straight away! Room was so dirty and from another decade that we were waiting the morning to come just to leave from there! If you want to enjoy your stay in paphos just avoid this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank anp727
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I really don't knowwhat toadd to my previous reviews of this hotel. Wonderful! when I was back over thererecently, they had just completed anew wxtension to the hotel, it's really very nice. As ever, wonderful staff, food. All guests there appear to enjoy themselves, it is so relaxing and everybody mix in together like one big happy family. That is of course the way that the owner and management want you to feel. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone there, I highly reccommend the Veronica Hotel. Lovely location nottoo far from the harbour everywhere within easy walking distance. Please visit there as I am sure you will enjoy yourselves.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends