“Does what it says on the tin!”
Review of Ramsden's - CLOSED

Ramsden's
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2014

One of our regular haunts as it is local. It's an English fish & chip shop, nothing grand about it, but good quality food at a decent price, with good friendly service. Fish and chips were good tasty, decent portion and real potatoes (which they should be in Cyprus). Good atmosphere, staff chatty, kepp up the good work.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I called in for a Fish and Chip supper as it is Friday night. Arrived at 6.50pm order taken at 6.55pm. After a forty minute wait I asked the waitress what was wrong-why was I waiting for my meal. She said they can only cook six pieces of Cod at a time and they were very busy as well as having to do take aways. My meal arrives eventually at 7.45pm- a wait of 50 minutes. All for a plate of Cod chips and mushy peas.

The food was OK.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We took our friend along to this restaurant as she was visiting from the UK we all fancied haddock and chips, when we ordered we were told they hadn't had any haddock since October! So my friend decided to have a chicken and mushroom pukka pie............ Well this was a mistake as she didn't find any chicken in it at all and when we told the waitress all she said was we buy the pies in its not our fault! When we left my friend also told the owner who didn't say anything....... Then my husband at this point feeling let down and not very happy went on to say to the owner we would not be visiting again and neither would any of our family and friends. All he did was shrug his shoulders and say sorry! I must also add we were not the only party to complain about the food quality and service, there was a party of 4 at the right of us and another couple in the corner who also were visibly very unhappy!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We've visited with different friends, had different mels and each time been really happy.
The service is good and friendly and the food is truly good value and fresh.
So good to have this place in our village.
May it continue to do well.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was our first visit to Ramsdens, and after reading on forums about price increases we were a bit worried it might not be value for money. I can honestly say I can not believe that people would complain about prices at this restaurant. Quick, friendly service, lovely fish in crispy batter, home made chips and a salad bar that you can help yourself to. We also had a bottle of wine for only 9 euro. What more could you ask for....Id be more than happy if I could find fish supper for this price in Scotland! Will definitely be back.