“Perfect”
Review of Marine Divers

Marine Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Marine Divers, 100% British Owned PADI 5* Scuba Diving Centre in Paphos. Looking For A Dive Experience For Your Children, Try Dive For Yourself, Beginner Or Advanced Courses, Leisurely Local Shore Dives Or Our Fantastic Day Out At The Zenobia Wreck ? Our Mission: Keep it simple - Do it well.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Great dive on the Zenobia and a fantastic overall experience. Debbi and Jonny make the place so friendly and with no hassle. Anything that you need, they seem to have already thought about it and prepared it. IMHO, dive centers deffer in the owner's willingness to create a great experience and not just the dive and Marine Divers have a lot of that passion. You just feel at home.

MarineDivers, Owner at Marine Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Hi Yossi, thanks for the lovely review and the very kind email you also wrote us.

I am glad you had a great dive on the Zenobia with Jonny, Andy and Paul.

It was lovely to meet you and the girls, I hope they enjoyed there Discover Scuba with Sean!

Thanks again, Debbi & Jonny

"experienced divers"
"sea life"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just returned from a little trip to Cyprus. Whilst I was there I wanted to do a few dives and spend a day diving on the Zenobia wreck. Looked around on line and found Marine Divers amongst a few others in Paphos. After a few emails I decided to book some dives for me and a discover scuba course for my girlfriend (who could not put her face in the water and is scared of fish!). I am so glad I chose Jonny and Debbie. For me, I had a dive to the Amphitheatre with Jonny which was a nice dive, whilst Debbie ran through the discover scuba with Izabela. In the afternoon I went with them for "the dive". Within 15 mins Debbie had Izabela swimming with her face in the water, breathing from the reg and even submerging a little. Within 30 mins they were scuba diving down to about 5 meters! Amazing! The patience and professionalism shown by Debbie was outstanding instilling trust and confidence in a scared, bordering on panicking student. Needless to say Izabela loved it and booked another follow-up dive the next day.
My dives with Jonny on the Zenobia were great. He was knowledgeable and professional but made the dives informative and fun. I need to go back and do a few more dives on the wreck later in the year.
If you fancy diving in Cyprus give Marine Divers a shout, you won't regret it.

Hi Jim and Izabela, what a fantastic few days we had.

I am so glad I managed to get Izabela in the water diving, after being afraid of fish!! Even better we went on an extra dive!! I love the surface photo of us both thanks for sending it to us I have published it on our facebook page!!

It was a pleasure meeting you both, please keep in touch with us, and hope to see you in October!!

Debbi & Jonny

PS: Jonny has just finished off the last of the beers!!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just completed a great trip to the Zenobia wreck and two shore dives earlier in the week with Marine Divers. This dive centre in my opinion is top of the list for Cyprus with both owners Jonny and Debbie having a great friendly place that makes you feel most welcome. Being a well travelled dive instructor, I have seen a lot of dive centres and this one is amongst the best. Local dive sites for sea caves and the amphitheatre are close by which allows for good diving for all levels of experience. Underwater scenery is magnificent although marine life is limited. I also had some of my own equipment problems which Jonny quickly stepped in and sorted this out otherwise I could have lost out on some dives, very much appreciated.

1  Thank AL5240

Cheers Andy, for leaving us such a great review. What a fantastic day we had on the Zenobia!!

Keep in touch on Face Book, hope you liked the photos!!

Jonny & Debbi

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic.

We took our SSI Open Water certificates in Turkey July 2012 and wanted to complete some dives in Cyprus. It had been a year since we dived and after enquiring at Cydive in Pafos Harbour (Don't bother!!) they were adamant we had to take a formal refresher at 53euros! Marine Divers had no issue with that - Debbie and John happily went through a quick refresher with us and we were out! We had infact just turned up to try to suss out some diving for later in the week but one hour later, we were out at the Amphitheatre with John kitted up and ready to dive!

The centre are really so friendly and welcoming. We have done 4 dives so far and are back for a further 2 before our holiday ends. Felt like friends after 10mins with the guys. Don't go anywhere else!

1  Thank NickyT88

Hi Nicky and Dan, thanks so much for diving with us and leaving us such lovely comments.

It was great to meet you both and take you out diving.

Gutted that you saw a turtle with Sean, where I haven't see one in months!!

Keep in touch, hope to meet you again soon.

Debbi, Jonny & Sean

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Taking the Open Water course under Debbie's and John's supervision wasn't just an efficient and interesting way of getting a licence to do something that I've been wanting to do for years, but also one of the most amazing holiday experiences I can recall. They're both really fun, cheerful, relaxed, patient, flexible, and willing to pass all their broad and impressive knowledge of marine life and scuba diving to everyone willing to immerse themselves in the mysterious underwater world. Debbie and John succeeded in creating a relaxed and cosy atmosphere in their centre (unlike in many other, "mass training" centres), which really helps when it comes to asking "silly questions", making mistakes, or having to repeat the same action for the 100th time. Moreover, it's likely you'll be taking the course alone/in small groups, which naturally creates a better learning environment. Having got a lot of diving experience, John and Debbie are reliable, trustworthy, and knowledgeable instructors one doesn't fear to trust even when diving in the open water for the first time in their life. I was impressed that both of them really try to understand their student's psyche, adjusting training to each individual- eg. I had huge troubles completing the skill of taking the mask off underwater and simply refused to do it. Thanks to Debbie, who calmed me down, gave me a day break from the task, and did simple exercises in the shallow water before the final attempt, I managed to complete my course and I am now a happy open water scuba diver :)! I really recommend this centre to everyone- if you're fascinated by the underwater world and scuba diving, I guarantee you'll be even more so after meeting Debbie and John :)!

1  Thank Agnieszka Z
MarineDivers, Manager at Marine Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Hi Agi, Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

It was a pleasure meeting you, and teaching you dive.

It doesn't matter how long it takes to do a skill if you are having difficulty, 'Patient's' is my middle name!!

Jonny and I try to do our up most to look after our customers, which many have become great friends.

Please keep in touch via facebook, and if we are in Oxford at any time we will come and see you as promised.

Take Care Debbi & Jonny