“Great food”

Ranked #110 of 567 Restaurants in Paphos
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We booked quite late in the evening but managed to get a table. The food was amazing, shame we found the best eatery on our last night.
The staff are very attentive and nice to see the chef make an appearance to the diners.

Next time will go on an empty tummy and stagger the food
Well worth the visit just can't eat it all.

Keep it up.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited here as a family at the beginning of August. Its set back from the road as you drive down towards Coral Bay from Peyia and has a massive sign indicating where it is. The owner was very welcoming and friendly. He waited on all the tables whilst his wife cooked the food. My wife had the homemade Moussaka whilst other meals included fresh Sardines, Calamari and Chicken Kebab. We also had homemade apple cake on the house !! Including drinks Beer, Wine and soft drinks it was 55euros. Great value and a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We discovered this gem of a restaurant by accident. Having visited a few 'out of the way' taverns over a couple of years this goes on our favourite list. We don't eat on the main Coral Bay strip as the food isn't always as good as these beautiful family run Taverns on the hill. The first good sign was the local number plated cars in the car park. The owner was waiting the tables by himself and does a brilliant job. He was telling us that his wife makes the Moussaka fresh every day and he makes the Stifado himself. Very friendly charming man who took a shine to our daughter. He has 3 daughters himself. He put together a simple dish for our fussy eater daughter of spaghetti and chicken nuggets which she was thrilled with. I can highly recommend the Moussaka, huge portion that I struggled to finish. The bread basket comes with warm strips of pitta bread which was just lovely. As stated on previous reviews, it's not fast food, sit back and enjoy the night.
This Tavern goes in our top 3 of places to eat on holiday in this area and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were recommended this Tavern to try a traditional Cypriot meze (ensure to arrive before 9:30pm to order), the meze starts with dips and pitta.....then Costa keeps bringing more food out (three types of sausage, kebabs, chicken, mushrooms, courgettes, calamari, prawns, chips(?!)...to name a few) our group of 6 made a poor effort, and had to request doggie bags to take home, the food was still as goo the next day! I paid 20 euros in total for my share with a drink, i think it was extremely good value. Costa runs around like a mad hatter waiting tables, but is very hospitable!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went there twice having been recommended by locally living Brits. It is on the road from Coral Bay to Peyia village there is a massive sign. It is off the main road on a small slip road parallel to the road you have just left and set on the hill overlooking the coast. the owner waits on you with his daughters and his wife is the cook. The food is locally sourced. There is not a massive choice which is probably why the food is so good. Don't expect fast food, but have a litre of the excellent house wine at €10, sit back and wait for your meal freshly cooked. My wife and I went as a couple and as a group and every meal was enjoyed. I had the Kleftiko which was one of the best I have ever had and my wife had her favourite Dolmades which she said was like mine "fall apart." We both had fish the second time, I had Plaice in a very thin batter, 2 large pieces and my wife had a very large SeaBass. Don't miss this place, they were the best 2 meals we ate out in the area out of 7 restuarants.