“A GREAT PLACE TO GO”

Price range: US$2 - US$24
Cuisines: European, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hello and welcome to Veranda; great value restaurant for all the family. Veranda Restaurant & Bar is an independently owned restaurant located in Paphos, Cyprus. We're famous for our Set Lunch and Giant "Mini Meze", our fantastic range or drinks and our warm welcome. At the Veranda there's always something going on; we have great food deals throughout the week, live sports in the restaurant and regular entertainments. We're open 7 days a week and serve food until at least 10pm. We offer free Wi-Fi so you can stay connected. You, your friends and your families of all ages are welcome whatever the occasion, whatever the time of day; noon or night. We open at 12 and work till late.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

As an ex pat living in Paphos I like to recommend great places that I use,as often many people get a better idea of a place from other peoples experiences especially those on holiday, So I was surprised to read the previous comments about the Veranda.
Anybody's experience and opinion is different and I will always a respect that. However I do disagree that to say they would not return to the Veranda again and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone was very unfair.
I personal and many friends I have taken on many occasion have very much enjoyed the whole experience. The prices are reasonable and the menu will have something for everyone. The staff are always helpful and will always try and give the customers what they need.
As for the entertainment comments made I have been on many occasion when singers have to be loud. If entertainer is inside I suppose they have to allow the costumers who choose to sit out in the sun to hear, many people will usually dances as the music is good and many do in and outside.
The only thing I can suggest is that maybe the entertainer is moved to another area of the restaurant to accommodate every costumer. I would suggest that you visit the Veranda and decide for your self I have been many times and will always go back again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

we visited this restaurant a few weeks ago for Sunday lunch. It wasn't very busy, but the food was good and great value for money. we spent the next few weeks advocating a visit to our friends and aquaintances, since we live here. We visited today, again for Sunday lunch, the food was good, although not quite as good as last time. what spoilt it for us was the "entertainer!" the music was far, far, far too loud! We couldn't communicate with each other and even the waitress was using hand signals too try and get her message across! I requested he turn it down a little and was refused. this person does not seem to appreciate the difference between a pleasant Sunday lunch with music loud enough to choose to listen if you want, but soft enough not to interfere with conversation; and some nightclub where you can expect to get your eardrums blasted! I had a raging headache, and my husband, who is hard of hearing also found it too loud. if they want to pander to a 1 visit holiday maker, or concentrate on regular custom, I would question the validity of having this type of over loud music. the singer actually seemed to have a good voice, but it was very distorted, so not too sure. we won't be going back again, nor will we recommend to our friends. great shame!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Living locally for the last 2yrs I have visited the Veranda regularly from the time it re opened
last year under new ownership. As previous reviews have pointed out the quality of food and
service was variable. Since December the quality of food and service has continued to improve
and when I visited yesterday it confirmed my previous comments. The last couple of times
were superior to many of the more expensive restaurants with yesterdays lunch being the
best I have had in Cyprus . The meal was well presented, the food and plate were HOT, the
separate plate of three gravy boats with two gravies and fresh apple sauce was a nice touch.
For 10.50 euros including a glass of wine with choices on each course coupled with good
attentive service is excellent value. Bryan.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We visited this restaurant twice during our holiday in Paphos, Our first visit here was fine with decent food and an efficient & friendly waiter, and if I was rating this restaurant based on that first visit I would probably give it 4 out of 5. So therefore we were indeed tempted to go back again for another meal here a few days later- however our second visit to this place was an absolute disaster!

Firstly, the friendly waiter who we had met a few nights earlier must have been on his day off, and instead we were 'greeted' by a rather abrupt man who seemed to find it an inconvenience that we had just walked into the restaurant! I ordered the home made steak pie and chips and my partner ordered the lasagna....however the waiter returned to our table a few moments later to abruptly inform us that 'The lasagna isn't ready, so why don't you have moussaka instead'. My partner decided to opt for spaghetti bolognese.

There were only 2 other tables of diners in that night, so our meals arrived pretty swiftly. However, my steak pie was very unappealing and a total let down, the meat was tough and chewy complete with very hard and dry pastry. But if I thought my meal was bad, then my partners spaghetti bolognese was an absolute joke! It arrived in a bowl already covered in a big heap of cheese....and after a few mouthfuls of her meal she discovered exactly why the chef had piled all the cheese onto the greasy minced beef- to try and hide the fact there was no sauce whatsoever in the meal! Clearly the spaghetti bolognese wasn't 'ready' either then, so why did the chef feel the need to serve up this disgusting rubbish! Needless to say my partner left her 'bolognese' sitting in the bowl and I left most of my meal too.

I guess this just goes to show that you can have a completely different 'experience' in the same restaurant within a few days. What a shame Veranda.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

two full English breakfast's , fruit juice, toast ,2x tea's for under 10 euro, excellent value, So tasty went back a few times . give it a go if your near.