“OK, an update on my last visit”
Review of Veranda Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Veranda Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$2 - US$21
Cuisines: European, Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hello and welcome to Veranda; great value restaurant for all the family. Veranda Restaurant & Bar is an independently owned restaurant located in Paphos, Cyprus. We're famous for our Set Lunch and Giant "Mini Meze", our fantastic range or drinks and our warm welcome. At the Veranda there's always something going on; we have great food deals throughout the week, live sports in the restaurant and regular entertainments. We're open 7 days a week and serve food until at least 10pm. We offer free Wi-Fi so you can stay connected. You, your friends and your families of all ages are welcome whatever the occasion, whatever the time of day; noon or night. We open at 12 and work till late.
Paphos, Cyprus
“OK, an update on my last visit”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had, from friends, a more positive view on this restaurant. We have friends staying, so decided to give them another chance. When we arrived only one waitress on, didn't seem particularly welcoming, rather surly looking. Food, OKish, although two of the party had cheesecake for dessert, and it was served with ice cream, my husband then asked for cream, and was told they didn't have any! Wouldn't recommend having a carafe of wine, as rather vinegary. They had live entertainment, we knew the singer from a different venue, he is good, but far too loud, you couldn't hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation! The jury is still out on whether we will return.

• Visited June 2014

Essex, United Kingdom
“Nice bar with good food and entertainment”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have been to this bar/restaurant a few times and have always enjoyed it. It is nicely done and clean. Service is friendly. Food is good. Entertainment can be good too. We saw a Frank Sinatra tribute act this time who was very good. We'll be back.

Visited June 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was in Paphos for a 6 week holiday and am so glad I decided to visit The Veranda. The chef is very friendly and cooks lovely food. The waiting staff were also very friendly and welcoming. I had about 6 or 7 meals, each one delicious. I particularly recommend the stifado and the kleftika.
I will be back next time I am in Paphos. Thank you to all the staff for helping to make my holday memorable.

• Visited April 2014
Scotland
“A mixed experience”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We ate here on our first night in Paphos and felt a bit let down. When I ordered I was told the menu had just changed for the summer season and the dish I wanted was only available in winter. I went on to order lasagne which was tasty, but came on its own in a large dish with no salad or vegetables. My partner ordered scampi and after about 15 minutes they came back and said it wasn't available. He re-ordered fish and it was ok, but nothing special. he was also disappointed by the wine which tasted quite watery. On the Saturday night we went and listened to live music over drinks and it was very good with a lovely atmosphere in the bar. We went a few more times for drinks and I especially like the hot chocolate. The last day of stay we had lunch from the fixed price menu. It was excellent and a big contrast to our previous meal. I particularly liked the chicken salad. The staff were lovely and the free w-ifi was great. Despite a poor first visit, I would go back as overall it was a pleasant place to eat and good value.

• Visited April 2014
Paphos, Cyprus
“Need to improve drastically”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

OK, so lately the reviews seem to be better. I am also an ex Pat, and gave them the benefit of the doubt, tried on 3 occasions, and then gave up. Food not that good, messed up my partners order, and served gammon that could have soled shoes! Staff surly, and knowing that the establishment next door had live music on a Friday, proceeded to also have live music. You couldn't hear yourself think! I think having given them 3 chances, 2 dinners 1 lunch, they could have got it right!
Good luck if you want to chance it!

• Visited May 2013