“Great dive school”

Dive Point Diving Centre, Paphos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PADI and BSAC Dive Centre with two locations, one on Tombs of the Kings Road and the other in the St George Hotel, both in Paphos. Providers of the full range of scuba diving activities from complete beginners through to instructor level courses. Daily snorkeling trips also arranged, both shore and boat based. British owned for over 12 years with great depth of experience in teaching all levels of divers. Specialise in small groups with individual care and attention given to everyone
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Got in touch with Ray a few weeks before travelling to Cyprus and he kept me well informed about conditions and possible dives. I contacted him when I arrived and we spoke at length about what to expect and what sites were going to be diveable. Eventually agreed that I would do Zenobia one day and the LImassol wrecks another day. It was great to speak to someone who was more interested in my wants rather than just getting my money. I dived both days with Lee and he was good company and a knowledgable dive leader concerned with keeping us safe and comfortable at all times. I've dived with other dive schools who whip you round a dive site at pace giving you no time to appreciate what you are seeing so it was a pleasure to find one geared up to the customer not the company. If I'm back in Cyprus then DivePoint will be my first port of call. Cheers Ray and Lee.

Carolmac44, Owner at Dive Point Diving Centre, Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Kevin,

Thanks for your very kind words, it is much appreciated, I have passed your kind comments on to Lee who is now back in the Uk. It is always a pleasure to take divers diving that know how to dive and you certainly know how to dive - sorry the sea was too hot for you and visibility too clear for you - the up side of not diving in UK waters.

Keep diving safely in cold Scottish waters - and I am sure we will meet again - do not know when but I know we meet some sunny day - corny I know.

All the best

in 92 reviews
"ray"
in 109 reviews

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Emailed Ray at dive centre and received updates on the lead up to our holiday, told Ray what dives I wanted to do mainly the Zenobia but he suggested I did the wreck dives at Limosol again and I was a bit apprensive about going back because I felt the dives where nice but a bit boring the wrecks had only been down a year, but thankfully I went back the change was exceptional nd if you are lucky like I was you get to meet george the resident grouper, the next day we went to the Zenobia and another two great dives, a couple of days later I went again with Lee who I did all my dives with to do a couple of local shore dives which turned out to be a pleasant end to three days of diving. I would like to thank you Ray for getting it all organised before we arrived and many thanks to Lee for the guidance with the diving. Overall a really professional diving centre right from the man himself Ray to Carol at the St George dive centre, many thanks to you all

Carolmac44, Manager at Dive Point Diving Centre, Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Paul

It was great to see you both again and, of course, take you diving. Glad you enjoyed Limassol and meeting George. Know where you are coming from when you say you were not sure about going back, but it was worth it! Thanks for taking the time to write another great review, we do appreciate them and they are important to us. Let us know how your retirement goes and keep in touch, maybe see you again, regards Carol, Lee and Ray

Reviewed 1 October 2017

just completed my PADI Deep and Nitrox with Ray and Lee. Expert guidance and support throughout, a steady pace which time for questions during the two days. The diving was really good, including the zenobia ferry. Dive Point is a really sound professionally runs centre. Highly recommended.

Neil,

Good to hear from you again - again well done on completing your deep and Nitrox ticket well earned and deserved - Thanks for choosing Dive Point to take you diving These two dive tickets certainly give you more dive option for the future.

We expect to see you back in Paphos in the future - where we can get some more deep dive completed. Again well done

Ray

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

I have posted this review before, but for some reason it has never appeared on here.

After completing our Open Water course, me an my buddy decided to visit Cyprus and Dive Point again in July.
Yet again they have not disappointed use with the quality of the service they have provided.
More than that... I never felt as a costumer, but as a part of the team :) a friend.

We will definitely be back next year to get our advance qualification, and I truly can't wait.

All the best Ray, Carol and Lee

Hi, glad your review finally loaded! Thanks once again for writing us this fab review. It is great to have new divers come back and dive (and eat and drink) with us! Even better when they take the plunge and dive in the UK - although the water temperature you had in Cyprus was actually not much better than the UK. Hope to see you guys again next year and year about your UK diving adventures. Keep in touch, regards, Carol, Ray and Lee

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Huge thanks to Lee, Ray and Carol for a fantastic 3 days of diving this week. (September 2017).
I checked the reviews of various dive schools in Cyprus prior to coming out on holiday and was really pleased I chose to go with Dive Point. The team were great from my first contact by email to enquire about the course through to the completion of the PADI open water advanced course.
Communication was excellent with Ray answering my emails promptly and setting out clear options for me to chose from.
He ensured I received the course manual promptly before coming out to Cyprus so I did not need to spend holiday time swotting up on theory.
On arrival at the dive centre at At St George Hotel I was made most welcome by Carol who went over the admin formalities and got me kitted up with everything I needed for the first 2 dives the following day.
My instructor, Lee , met me at my hotel next morning and we did 2 dives off the beach there.
Next day Lee collected me from my hotel and took me and 2 other divers to Limassol for 2 wreck dives.
A day off then Ray collected me from the hotel and took me up to meet Lee and a couple of others in Larnica for 2 dives on the wreck of the Zenobia.
Lee impressed as a thoroughly competent diver with a really good way with clients. He was attentive, helpful, full of knowledge on the dives we were undertaking and constantly aware of safety factors.
His pre dive briefings were concise, accurate and authoritative which gave me and others confidence in him.
When diving the Zenobia, Ray's attention to detail was apparent. He clearly runs a tight operation and further enhanced my confidence in Dive Point as a well organised and safety conscious team.
Overall I came away with my diving skills greatly enhanced. At no time did I feel like a tourist or another punter on holiday. Everyone made me feel like a valued client, a fellow diver whose development mattered to them.
Dive Point made everything easy from collecting me at the hotel, having all the dive gear ready in the truck and ensuring I had a really enjoyable, hassle free and above all safe experience.
Thanks to Lee, Ray and Carol , I will definitely get in touch next time I am in Cyprus.

Carolmac44, Owner at Dive Point Diving Centre, Paphos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Colin,

A real pleasure to hear from you again and a big thanks for your very kind words and comments - as I have said a few times the reviews are NOT required but I appreciate and am grateful for you taking the time to write these wonderful comments - we all appreciate them so thanks again.

Thanks for choosing Dive Point to guide you thru your Advanced Open water course - a well deserved achievement - you made the course easy and were a pleasure to dive with. Keep up the diving and the day job and hopefully we will see you again for more diving or perhaps even a refreshment when we get back to GLA and we come up to EK.

Take care and keep in touch, cheers Lee, Ray and Carol