“Amazing hotel, staff and wedding”

Louis Imperial Beach
Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel, staff and wedding”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at the Louis Imperial Beach for 2 weeks in September. We chose this hotel for our wedding and our expectations were certainly exceeded. The location of the hotel as perfect, it was set on the beach and it is down a quiet road off the main road so very quiet. Out the front of the hotel you can walk to shops, bas ad resturants and from the back you can walk along the promenade. Either way you can get to the harbour. It only took us 20 minutes in the middle of the day.
The hotel itself is grand in appearance, all public areas were spotless. The public areas were warmer than our bedroom but i didnt find them too hot. Our air con worked well and kept the room really cold, we did have problems with it when we arrived but it was fixed immediately. Our room was large quiet and we all slept well.
The food was amazing, they had a different cuisine every night of the week, Cypriot, Far East, Middle East, International, Carvery, Italian and All Around the World, our favourite was the Far East Night. You do have to sit inside at night but you can sit outside at Breakfast and Lunch. Men have to wear trousers to sit in the main restuarant in the evening, you can dress more casually and sit at the back where the food is.Breakfast time there is everything you could want, Cereal, pastries, bread, porridge, fruit, pancakes, cooked breakfast, they even cook omelets to order. Lunch time there is sandwiches, salad, and hot food too. We stayed all inclusive and had an A La Carte Meal as part of are stay (you are entitled to 1 per week) it was a beautiful 4 course meal and we could sit out side. There was plenty of restaurants for those not staying all inclusive, we saw a French, African, Italian, Chinese and Rib shack all down the road from the hotel. There were also a selection of bars near by.

The pool was large and lovely and clean, we sat near the baby pool as we had a 18 month old daughter. She was happy to play in the baby pool all day, there were even toys in there for children. We never had to fight for a sunbed, the hotel was relatively quiet as we arrived the week after the summer holidays. It was mostly couples and families at the hotel and we met some lovely people. The staff were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble.

The entertainment consisted of Kids disco at 8.30 which our little girl loved, then bingo and a cabaret show everynight so i did get a bit repetitive. We mostly enjoyed the entertainment on a Wednesday when there was just live singing on, this was more relaxing. The entertainment staff did try so hard and they were lovely especially Katya. There was plently of activities during the day including, water aerobics, darts, table tennis, archery but there was no pressure to take part and they werent noisy.

We got married on 12th September, This was absolutely perfect and we couldnt have asked for more. Christine our wedding planner from Thomas Cook made sure the day went without a hitch. We had our ceremony in the gardens overlooking the sea then went onto the terrace for our cake and champagne. We then went on a cruise along the coast, then the wedding bus and then back to the hotel for our meal. The gardens were decorated beautifully, i would definitely recommend getting married at this hotel. We had a party of 13 and this was perfect, We were treated like royalty, we had a flambe meal as part of our wedding package which was delicious. We also received breakfast in bed the day after our wedding and our bed was decorated with rose petals.

All in all we had the most amazing family holiday and wedding, every single one of our guests loved the hotel, its staff and food. (and we had some fussy guests!) Nobody could fault the experience at all. The lifts were a bit slow which was annoying but that was the only downfall. The rooms are dated but this did not affect our enjoyment. I would certainly recommend this hotel to couples and families. The hotel was classy but not too posh to be yourself or bring children. It was perfect.

Room Tip: We overlooked the tennis courts and beach, we had a quiet room and beautiful view. Rooms overlooking...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank holly l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,284)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 weeks Sept 11 this was our second visit to this hotel .. Staff are marvellous especially Allasendro the entertainment manager really nice guy. rooms are a little tatty and the air conditioning is very poor and noisy.. no air con in most of public areas a point worth considering .The food is excellent with a wide choice of dishes .t

Room Tip: Just because you book a sea facing room does not mean you will get a good view of sea some are tucke...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billy l
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Imperial Beach, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear loyal guest,

Thank you for choosing to visit the Louis Imperial Beach for your holiday.

We are glad to read that once again you were left satisfied with our friendly and professional staff members, management and great animation team. Your comments about the quality of the food are welcomed.

Regarding the air-conditioning, rest assured that any action will be taken whenever possible.

Thank you once again and we hope to accommodate you back in any of our Louis Hotels.

Kind regards
Bucks in the UK
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Everything was just about OK except there was musical entertainment several nights a week. I was in room 135, just above the stage, and suffered until midnight with loud music, a shouting DJ and sometimes a noisy audience.

The hotel has 3 wings and guests in the others weren't affected so I'd go back if I could get a quiet room as it's a reasonable 4* otherwise.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank timmiandi
stonehouse
Reviewed 16 September 2011

just back from the louis imperial, we went there for a family wedding, I thought the whole hotel was fantastic nothing was too much trouble for the staff, especially valerie and cristos the waiters in the upstairs bar. Loved the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Loved the food, put on half a stone and the champagne cocktails were to die for. The entertainment team were excellent and I enjoyed the shows I watched. The bingo was fun too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank tilly76tina
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Imperial Beach, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Louis Imperial Beach.

We were pleased to read that you much enjoyed the wedding you attended, as well as the quality of our services, our friendly staff members, the indoor pool and Jacuzzi, and the quality of the selection of food.

We are happy that you had a fantastic holiday and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Where to start, First off I must say if you have a family with children and go A/I and don't mind staying in 1-2 star hotel, screaming kids 24hrs a day, getting up at 6am every morning to secure a tatty sun bed by the dirty pool,( and no it was not just the brits that do this) buffet style food, 6 days a week of Butlin style entertainment, Music blaring even if no entertainment on at poolside, drinking and eating as much as you like and not really caring what your kids get up too this is the hotel for you. Because for the two weeks we were there (28TH Aug - 11TH Sept), the majority of families there just did not care what their children were up to.
Example: One afternoon we got into the pool and a little boy no older than 5-6 was by himself the 2 people that probably was supposed to be watching him, 1 was sunbathing and the other bloke was chatting to her with his back towards the boy and at no time did either of them glance up or around to see if he was ok so we stayed in the pool watching him to make sure he was safe, the rest of the family 30 minutes later turned up with McDonalds and we then got out of the pool. And this was just 1 of many things going on in the pool with no one watching their kids.
This holiday was booked on recommendation and it's my own fault that I did not check the brochure to see that it was all geared up for hundreds of children. Just kept looking at tripadvisor and reviews were good, obviously done by families with children. Due to enduring a rotten 1 1/2yrs of illness this was supposed to be a quiet, lazy, relaxing pre- operation holiday.
From when we got there 'early aft' and walking into a foyer that had NO A/C on, into a lift that had NO A/C then onto a passage with NO A/C and this was through out the holiday' I had this feeling things were not going to be good. Anyway unpacked and then took a good look around, Room was cheap and tacky looking, shower didn't work, fridge was broken NO soft drinks in it as should be with A/C, beds rock hard and the best bit we were right over the Entertainment area. we then went down to the pool area, (never once saw the pool cleaned while we were there and the scrapping off of the mould was being done at 8 in the morning and going straight into the water YUK), no sunbeds, a pool full of children just acting crazy and being rude to people, blaring music. We then went down to the so called beach area, no beds again in fact no beach, what there was, was the equivalent of a rock pool which was filled again with kids,(the actual picture that is shown in the Louis brochure is taken from the end of the Hotel along from ours with their own beach) false advertisment springs to mind. That evening we ended up staying in the quiet bar (the only nice staff in the hotel) until 1am as could not sit on balcony or be in the room as the noise from the Entertainment area was horrendous and carried on like it even when the entertainment had actually finished. We got speaking to the Bar Manager and explained what was going on and he took control and told us to come back in the morning and he would make sure that we had our room changed and to go and pack our suitcases. Next morning did as he asked and true to his word we were moved to another room which also had a basket of fruit and a fresh flower all good we think "until we went onto the balcony" which had no view of anything apart from a concrete block, and the smell that hit us was appalling. and the same again the next morning so back to reception we go. By day 3 we had been shown 5 rooms in total and settled on the 5TH room and finally unpacked. Also someone tipped us off that people were coming down at 5-5.30am putting towels on the beds and until the middle of the 2nd week this is what was happening. The main pool was a no go area unless you wanted to be surrounded by something that was like Butlins on speed. And we were constantly told go to the indoor pool that was also full of kids if you want peace and quiet. Again in the Louis brochure it actually states the hotel has 3 swimming pools, well we couldn't find the 3RD one. About the 4TH day my sister asked one of the hotel entertainment team ( ( a French lad ) if they could just turn the music down a bit when nothing was going on, and things then turned quite nasty. Unbeknown to him I watched him then talk to the 'so called water aerobics girl 'where was the warm up and wind down exercises before and after the work out? you just done a dance routine to the same old music everyday? and say watch this, he went over to my sister and told her that she shouldn't be bringing her food to the loungers and then he went over to the Buffet Manager and made a big show of pointing my sister out telling him she had taken her lunch to the sun lounger. Now please bare in mind everyone was doing this and he didn't go around to anyone else and tell them the same thing, ( it turned out the reason some of the people bringing food back to the loungers were not on A/I and were not being asked for their room numbers to check whether they were A/I so they were helping themselves and their friends and families who were not staying at the hotel to all the food and drink and basically getting it all for free). When he came back our way I asked him why he had singled her out when all around was doing the same and he got very defensive and said that I wanted trouble and causing trouble' "all very school playground mentality" so I went off and spoke to the manager about it, also by now even the bar man ( he needs to get a lesson in customer service) in the round bar was being down right rude and awkward when I went in to get a drink. And fair play to the Manager he said he would sort it out and by the end of the afternoon my sister got a very weak apology from the French boy. But from then onwards we were given a very wide berth.
The food was good if you were only there for a week, every night Roast Dinner on offer among the usual bits and I must say at no time did I see any flies around it. We then found out that once a week on the side of where you ate you could have a proper restaurant meal so we booked it and yes it was lovely but you had no choice it was a set menu so you were stuffed if you didn't like what it was and also if you had paid for it? and we heard from a lot of people they couldn't eat it so a bit of a con really. And I have never been to hotel where you could not eat outside. It was horrendous trying to eat in a hall that had no A/C and all the sliding doors to the outside closed with big thick curtains pulled over as well. The men were sweltering. The reception staff as soon as they realised a complaint was heading their way turned very aggressive and not just to use we were stood next to people and they were being rude and abrupt to them. When we also tried to speak to the rep (First Choice) she constantly kept butting in and I had to walk away but all I was trying to ask if we could transfer out from the hotel to another one and we would have took just B/B or even H/B to get away from this living nightmare but she just wouldn't let us explain anything to her so I just left my sister to try and explain what was happening. I am very sorry that I have had to write this review, I go away at least twice a year and have never experienced anything like this. We met some really nice people on holiday and I think this kept me sane. I even tried to get a flight back home by the end of the first week as I was getting more ill and stressed out and coughing up blood. But was being quoted £546, £399 for Easy Jet and with all their extras would have bumped this up to £500 and this was on flights for the Saturday before coming home on the Sunday. I actually felt sorry for this Hotel Manager with the amount of complaints that seemed to have been heading his way and I must say he couldn't have been more kinder to me and understanding that this was not what I expected and how stressed I was getting. After the poolside incident the music was turned down when nothing was happening and I know a lot of people enjoyed this little bit of quiet during the day. So a big thank you to the manager for that. And the other saving grace was the quiet bar and the staff there, they were brilliant, kind, polite, funny, helpful and I know I drove them potty over the Snowballs and Latte's with the extra jug of milk. They were just so nice and a credit to the hotel. The rest of the staff could learn a lot from them.
This hotel is not equipped to hold an A/I tag as it does not cater to what the all A/I is about.All the A/I i have been to are complex's and cater for this.
I paid nearly 9 euro's for 2 ice lollies one day only 4 euro's outside for the same 2.
2 Fresh Orange juices as this was not on A/I was 7.50.
Slush Puppies 3.50 euro's each its just ice for goodness sake
And the Pool bar there was no menu's or Tariff on the wall telling you what drinks or food they served and what was A/I and how much things were if not on A/I.
Gosh I could go on and on about the wrongs of this hotel but short and sweet give this place a very wide berth if you want a relaxing quiet and stress free holiday.
Even the oldies arriving and already there, were very upset how things were not as they used to be and I don't think it will be ever again. If you like a free for all experience then hey this is right up your street, it most certainly is not mine. Also what possess people to take to young babies and toddlers abroad into 90 degrees heat and have them crying and screaming because of this and most of them were not covered properly and no hat's on their heads. Someone said Selfishness and I totally agree

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank happymum51
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at Louis Imperial Beach, responded to this review, 26 September 2011
Dear guest,

First we would like to express our deep disappointment after reading your review about the Louis Imperial Beach.

We were glad though that you did have no complaint about our services, the quality of the food and our friendly and professional staff members that did their best to meet your expectations and solve your issues.

We thank you for expressing your concern regarding the behavior of some families with children, but rest assured that, as you may have seen, our lifeguards are here to ensure that unsupervised children are safe while playing in the pool and they also take necessary measures for safety reasons if needed.

Regarding your comments about the poοls, please be advised that we clean and check the pools' water on a daily basis.

Regarding the A/C, please be advised that our public areas, as well as our restaurant, are equipped, however, as you may have been informed of, an unfortunate event damaged our main powerplant supply on our island recently , and as a result our hotel (as well as others) has to reduce its A/C use in order to save power. We are sorry if this caused you uncomfort, and we ask for your understanding on this matter. We do our best to cool the indoor restaurant and our hotel with the means we have, especially after the electricity authority asked us to reduce consumption.

Regarding your other comments, they will be examined in detail and actions will be taken accordingly for our improvement.

We thank you for your comments and for helping us improve our services.

Best regards
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

me and my partner stayed here purposely at the beginning of september, to avoid the manic and overcrowded school holidays. as it happened, it appeared to be a good choice,as whilst there we heard a few stories relating to the indoor pool, which is adult only being used by kids well under 18, accompanied by parents, with stand out warnings shown! also people were verbally abused if they challenged them! wot a joke! the jaccuzzi could do with more jets,as they bubble around the edge, but nuffin underneath? bit poor and puny if you ask me.main pools nice with ample beds. as regards a four star establishment: well all 3 lifts were out of action for a while. all in good time seems to be the order of the day here. poor lighting abounds in the corridors as well. great big stained carpet near our room could do with a rug over, or vaxing. our room was "cleaned" each day... chewing gum, sweet, and a straw festering in the draw throughout our stay. clean towels every day, beds like a mortuary slab, thick dust "living" under the bed.we had a room with great sea views, gorgeous and romantic sunsets, a spacious and private balcony. the toilet was "all inclusive".. throne, bath, shower, and bidet! shower curtain looking tired.. hair dryer ancient, and looks like the thing out of tellytubbys. and now heres the good stuff.. the food was very expansive and excellent quality..themed nights, oriental, greek, and italian, and world foods. my favourites were rabbit, crab claws, tandoori chicken, mousakka etc, they do everything and anything, be it for breakfast lunch and dinner, you are spoilt rotten. the all inclusive producer is a small card which could be flashed from a distance, and okayed. amateurish, and can get abused by some friends of all inclusive guests, come on louis imp, get up to speed. the animation team were world class, my partner joined in on stage and it was a riot! their great sports! the staff are very cheerful and helpful.. top marks to you all. i reccommend car hire roughly 115 euros for 2 days at reception. go to limassol,troodos mountains, and aphrodite museum. aphrodite baths a waste of time. the jet skis were a real adrenalin rush at the seafront, behind the hotel too. anyway fawlty towers it is, but a golden one at that!! a great time we had.

Room Tip: get a room facing the sea its lovely
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tays10
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Louis Imperial Beach and for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Choosing to visit us at the end of the school holidays was a good option as you were looking for a relaxed stay, and we are happy that this was exactly what you got.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, especially the beautiful sunsets, the quality and great selection of food, the daily activities, our entertaining animation and the friendliness of our staff members!

Rest assured that your comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms will be shared and taken into consideration for immediate improvement.

We renovated 8 of our hotels this year, and we hope that the Louis Imperial Beach will benefit of something similar in the near future.

Thank you for your comments and best regards
london
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed at the Louis Imperial last two weeks of August with my friend and her eight year old daughter. The staff were always polite and the animation team were fantastic keeping us entertained every evening with a great show especially Bingo Bango. The food was very good and our room was very comfortable.

I have just read some of the other reviews and would like to point out that the pool was not only for adults. Have these people not had any children of their own and surley if you are not child friendly would it not be more appropriate to go on holiday outside of the six weeks summer school vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family