“Excellent holiday”

Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
coventry
“Excellent holiday”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I travelled to cyprus for the first time and this was my firs stay at a hotel from the Louis group! I had read the previous comments on here and was excited to see this amazing hotel for myself.

Accommodation.
I stayed in room 141 with a sea view and overlooking the pool! This s by far the best side of the hotel to stay in as the sunset views are simply outstanding! The room was spacious and clean and the beds were so comfortable! There was a slight issue with the tap not closing properly in the bath but was fixed within 30 mins of informing reception. My only major complaint regarding the holiday was the mis information given to me by Theseas at reception who informed me it was 1eur per minute to use the telephone in our room,on checkout it had accumulated to 172eur. If we had been informed correctly we would of used the public phone near reception as this is massively cheaper! DO NOT use the phones in your rooms!

Grounds
The garden areas were well maintained and the pool was just right,staying in September it wasn't quite as busy and always had plenty of space to swim and lots of sunbeds to choose from.The beach is the hotels only negative although its obviously not their fault! Small shingled beach area and a very small area of sea sectioned off by rocks to swim in! If you do fancy a trip though just jump on the 611 bus outside the hotel,change at the station onto the 615 and in 30 minutes your at coral bay,very busy but beautifully clear waters and golden sands.

Food and drinks
The single most favourite part of my holiday. I know some posters have complained about the lack of variety at breakfast.well I don't know what more you could want on top of, fresh fruit,cooked meats and cheeses,cereals and porridge,omelettes,sausage,bacons,eggs,beans,toast,juices,teas,coffees,pancakes. The evening meals consisted of a variety of themed nights, been typically English the Carvery was my favourite.there was a good selection and enough choice to appease everyone's pallet. The cocktails and the local beer is good and the ambience of the Fontana bar is perfect for relaxation and a few late night drinks. Service by the pool is efficient and people who complain about the size of the glasses,can you just not order 2 drinks?

Animation.
I have to admit we did not take part in many of the activities on offer by the animation team,for me it was all about relaxing but there was a good variety of games on offer during the day from archery,water polo,aqua aerobics,volleyball,quizzes etc. I only ventured down for the evening entertainment once but it did seem to lack a bit of quality but the team work very hard to please the guests.

Staff
I found all the staff within the hotel amazing.reception were always helpful and check in and out was smooth. The chambermaids did a wonderful job of keeping the rooms upto a great standard and the team in the restaurant were impeccable every single meal I had. There was one night where 2 staff members did argue in front of us whilst we ate which is my only minor gripe but overall it was exceptional and you can see that a lot of the staff have been at the hotel along time.

Paphos
The city itself is all aimed at the British tourist,I think if you are looking for beach holidays then perhaps the Easter side is more for you towards Larnaca Bay. There are plenty of restaurants outside of the hotel and I did enjoy a few beers watching the football at the players bar in town.

Overall
I found the hotel to be exactly what I expected,clean and full of enthusiastic and customer service focused staff! The animation may need looking at but overall I I would definitely be looking to visit again and perhaps bring the children in high season!

Room Tip: Sea view overlooking the pool area is a must.its worth that little extra cost!
2 Thank ccfcmike82
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Imperial Beach, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for holidaying at the Louis Imperial Beach.

We are delighted to hear that we managed to meet the expectations you had of our hotel and that you found our property to be set amongst a beautiful garden area with great pools. Moreover, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the spaciousness and comfort of your room which provided a stunning sunset view and that the selection and quality of our food and beverages was to your utmost liking. In regards to your remark about the miscommunication with a member of our reception staff we would like to sincerely apologize; we hope for your understanding that we were trying to explain how the phone charge from your room telephone to a UK landline does indeed amount to approximately one euro per minute, however we were unfortunately not aware of the fact that you were requesting the rates UK mobile phones, which actually cost two euros per minute. Furthermore, we would like to thank you for bringing your observation in regards to the event that occurred in the restaurant to our attention, which is certainly out of the norm and of which our staff will immediately be briefed. Nonetheless, we are glad to hear that you would commend our staff for being enthusiastic and guest oriented and that you had an overall wonderful stay.

We look forward to seeing you soon again at the Louis Imperial Beach.

Faithfully yours,

The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,351)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
trowbridge, wiltshire
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the very first time that I have written a review, but felt I had to on this occasion to dispel some myths of a few people. Holiday all inc. with my wife from 4th to 18th September 2013. This hotel has got the most friendliest, helpful and efficient staff that you will find. How some people can complain about the food is beyond me. It is magnificent and there is something always available even for the fussiest of diners. Yes you have to get your own food, but this is no hardship. If you are expecting table service, then go to the Ritz and pay for it. This is an excellent 4* hotel.
I have only one negative; the daily charge of 3euros for a safe in your room is unnecessary. A hotel of this standard should absorb it into its costing rather than make a separate charge.
Finally, just look at the vast number of good reviews that outweigh the bad ones. I rest my case.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a pool / sea view - well worth seeing the sun go down. Rooms 142 to 150 very quiet.
3 Thank antony c
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Imperial Beach, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for a few lines about a stay at the Louis Imperial Beach.

It is a thrill to be honoured as your first ever review which you wrote to commend our services and are delighted to hear that you would describe our staff as the most helpful, efficient and friendliest one can find. In regards to your comment about the safe charge, we would like to inform you that we took the decision of excluding this fee from our room rate as to not charge guests for a service they may not wish to use. Nonetheless, please be assured that we duly note your suggestion for future improvements. All in all, it is a pleasure to hear that you found us to be an excellent four star hotel and that you had an overall wonderful holiday.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Louis Imperial Beach in the nearest future.

Best regards,

Basingstoke
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Louis Imperial - our fourth visit to Paphos and third to this hotel.

We were impressed with the recent refurbishment and particularly enjoyed eating at the new Mura restaurant. The food in the general restaurant is still extremely varied and of excellent quality, an opinion shared by everyone that we spoke to during our stay.

The hotel's greatest strength is its lovely staff, all of them are incredibly friendly and attentive. Some of them we recognised from our first visit ten years ago.

There were loads of sun beds and parasols around the lovely warm pool and throughout the gardens and we never had a problem finding one free.

Our room 241 had a great sea view and we were pleased with the standard of the furnishings, bathroom etc. however this is not a room to choose if you want to get to sleep before midnight because the outside evening entertainment takes place immediately below the balcony and the high volume makes sleep or even watching TV impossible. We had always had rooms overlooking the tennis courts before so hadn't realised there could be a problem.

Overall we enjoyed our holiday and would have no hesitation in returning to the hotel but probably not to that particular room if we could avoid it.

Room Tip: Sea views rooms are preferable but those overlooking the entertainment area are noisy between 9 and...
2 Thank Chrisnmick
Dear repeat guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback following a stay at the Louis Imperial Beach.

We are delighted to read that you are in agreement with many other guests over the splendid quality and taste of our cuisine, especially our brand new Asian restaurant Mura, and that you found our greatest strength to be our incredibly friendly and attentive staff. Additionally, we are thrilled to hear that you were very pleased with your room which offers a stunning sea view, and our marvellous grounds which provide many sunbeds to relax at. We would herewith also like to sincerely apologize for the noise from outside that could be heard in your room, we only wish you had informed us during your stay as we could have tried our utmost to find an immediate solution. Nonetheless, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall holiday and that you were particularly impressed by our refurbishments.

We are already looking forward to your next visit to the Louis Imperial Beach.

Sincerely yours,

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I travelled here with my fiancée. We stayed in room 242, which has views of the sea. We stayed for 1 week on all inclusive.
Firstly the location of the hotel is good. It's in an area where there are a number of other hotels along the strip. It's tucked away down a small street.

Our first impression of Paphos was that it's very dusty, it's to be expected due to the climate but the half built buildings, and areas of stripped land that have just been left due to the financial crisis make the place look grotty. In general there are lots and lots of shops and restaurants that have closed down and the town is looking like it needs a good spruce up.
Evidence of this can be found with the strip of land, a bit bigger than a football pitch at the side of the hotel, I'm assuming they were going to build there but all that's left is just a big pile of dirt.

If your wanting a beach holiday this isn't the place for you, we love the beach but didn't spend a day on it, the private beach isn't very picturesque, with a rock barrier about 30 feet out to sea and a gravelly beach it wasn't any good for us. We spent most of our days lounging in the garden area. We had a walk along the coastal path towards the harbour and only did it once, the beaches here just aren't appealing, lots of people on them, small, rocky, and a bit further down the track is a delightful scrap yard with stunning sea views. Not really my idea of a nice walk.

Room
The room was a really good size, with good facilities, a nice big balcony overlooking the sea. The balcony is brilliantly positioned if you like to watch the sunset! One word of warning, our room was perfect for the sunset but not so good for peace and quiet at night. The stage for entertainment was right underneath the room, and it got quite loud at night. Were a couple in our 30s so don't mind a bit of noise at all, and in general we were heading back to our room at about 11.30 pm, the noise was just about manageable other than on a couple of nights when some drunken idiots were carrying on until the early hours of the morning. I'm fine with you being on holiday, having a drink and having a good time but stop shouting and balling like someone who's had their first beer. One guest could be heard asking them to quiet down a bit from his room, and just got a load of threats and abuse from them. My fiancée ended up calling down to reception at about 2.30am, to ask for them to be moved, we later got told that they had to be chased away. I suppose the hotel can't control who visits their hotel, but it can certainly stop serving them alcohol if they are A. too drunk and B. Can't handle it in the first place.

The room has a mini fridge which has water and two bottles of sprite and coca cola in it. Replenished every day. I can't understand why there weren't a couple of bottles of beer in the fridge aswell, maybe this could be looked at by the management.

The food was good, breakfast was the same every day but there was lots of choice available. I can't see how anyone can say it was repetitive, it's only repetitive if your going down to breakfast each morning and choosing the same things. That's your fault, not the hotels. There was plenty of choice for people who wanted a varied breakfast.
We didn't really eat lunch, other than on a couple of occasions when we had a nice salad. Dinner again was varied, there was always something to eat, and the quality of food was good. Most nights there was some kind of carved meat choice, which was always decent.
The Asian restaurant was nice, we ended up eating there 3 times. You are served at your table a bowl of Miso soup, a selection of sushi, and are then invited up to the small buffet area, where the dishes are explained to you. You are then given a choice of two desserts which are brought out for you. The food here was really tasty, and the service was brilliant aswell.

Other people have mentioned about the dress code at dinner, this is one of my main gripes, Having been to places like the Dominican Republic, where a strict long trouser policy was adopted, I love the idea that this place isn't massively strict on dress code.
I cannot see the benefit in having a load of people wearing long trousers and a shirt to dinner, in excess of 30c heat, these people basically sit there sweating, and being uncomfortable. They don't look any smarter than somebody sat wearing long shorts and a smart T shirt or Polo. I think the hotel is using a little common sense and allowing people to relax in comfort whilst on holiday. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I want to go down for dinner wearing a string vest, Speedos, and flip flops but the idea that people should be wearing long trousers and a shirt is something that's best left in the dark ages. Well done to the hotel on this one.

The staff here are brilliant, really hard working, as other people have said you get a nice cold towel brought to you once a day, and on the odd occasion you will get offered a drink brought for you. A nice touch! I'm not aware of many European hotels that offer this, for the price you pay. The quality of drinks is ok, the Rose wine is drinkable, the cocktails are a lot better served out of a nice glass rather than the plastic cups by the pool etc.

I can't give this place a 5 star due to the fact that I've been to better. For the money we paid I can't complain at all. We had a really nice relaxing time, and the weather was 30c most days.

A couple of areas of improvement are regarding the internet. It costs hardly anything to the hotel for them to have internet facility, so why are they charging so much for a day of internet usage. Yes it's free in the lobby, but it would cost nothing to open up the internet across the hotel for free, and the customer satisfaction would go up massively. People would be able to check emails, call using skype or FaceTime from their rooms, rather than crowding round the lobby.
I also can't see why hotels charge for usage of the safe. €21 for a weeks safe usage is a lot, and again I can't see why they charge at all.

In summary this is a nice place to go to, if your wanting to stay in the hotel and relax. Decent food and drink, brilliant service, mainly British people. Loads of sun loungers, no need to get up at 6am to throw your towel down. Probably wouldn't go back, but that's nothing against the hotel, the worlds a big place with lots of other beaches to walk on.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndyDurant
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Louis Imperial Beach.

It is a pleasure to hear that our location was to your utmost liking and that you were very pleased with your spacious room which provides great facilities and a large balcony overlooking our stunning sea view. Moreover, we are glad to read that you highly enjoyed your every dining experience at our property, of which you would especially commend our brand new Asian restaurant Mura, and that you found all members of our staff outstandingly friendly, providing you with great standards of personalized service throughout your stay. In regards to your comment about the internet and safe charge, we would like to inform you that we took the decision of excluding this fee from our room rate as to not charge guests for a service they may not wish to use. Furthermore, we would like to thank you for your suggestion in regards to our minibar and our beverage serving restrictions after a certain hour which we all duly note for future improvements. All in all, despite some minor issues, we are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to offer great value for money and that you had a most relaxing holiday.

We hope to see you soon again at the Louis Imperial Beach or one of our many other Louis Hotels.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We arrived here on 11th September, spending 7 nights at this hotel as part of our honeymoon. We could not fault this hotel at all, the service was amazing. When we arrived at our hotel room 265, we went in and stood in oare as they had added a special touch to our suite, with champagne on ice, fruit, robes and slippers awaiting us. Not only that, but the amazing view was the icing on the cake. The view from our balcony was over the pool area and you could see the med also. This was perfect for watching sunset over the sea.

The food was brilliant, catered for everyone and anyone especially the fussy eaters like me. The restaurant staff were excellent including Andy & Georgia who gave that little extra service to make it brilliant. The food was piping hot always, and at breakfast & lunch you could sit outside by the pool to enjoy the sunshine while having your food. You could get food at any time of the day, when meals wern't served they were doing light bites. Also breakfast for the Brits looking at this they do more or less a full english fry up, the sausages are pork :-) There are many bars in the hotel, where you can get drinks. Also if you are around the pool, staff come and take drink orders as they go around :-)

The hotel is in a great location, has excellent views from all areas but a seaview room is best to book. It's 30minutes from Paphos harbour unless your brisk walking, theres a very good bus service which runs pratically all day early till 1am. The hotel is excellent and the staff are really a credit to it. Big thanks to all of them.

Room Tip: book a sea view room at time of booking - for the best view.
2 Thank damokins82
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Imperial Beach, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for sharing your experience at the Louis Imperial Beach with the online community.

We are delighted to hear your praise towards our excellent staff for their outstanding standards of service and our lovely property for its beautiful and ideal location. Moreover, we are glad to hear that our small gifts and arrangements upon arrival were to your absolute delight and that you highly enjoyed watching the stunning Mediterranean sunset each evening from your balcony. It is an additional pleasure to read that you found the selection and presentation of our cuisine to your utmost liking and that you were very pleased with the many dining options offered throughout the day.

Yours truly,

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

arrived here in the beginning of september 2013. temperature was around 31c each day for the week getting up to mid 30s. hotel is absolutly great! arrived late on and were greated well. told to there were some nibbles downstairs(leftovers of dinner) but wasnt really much but nothing to complain about..the room was great! looks right out onto the beach. if possible ask for one of them rooms that are just above pool as yo ucatch a great sunset at night which you wont recieve being on the rooms at other side of hotel.. room has a nice big flat screen tele in. ncie double bed comfy with a lovely balcony and nice bathroom. up the next morning. breakfast same everyday full cooked all the usuals bacon eggs and lots of cerial etc. you have to give 10 euro deposit for a towel to rent for pool but you get that back if yo ureturn the towels. ( they said lots of british have been stealing them in past) dinner and tea change everyday but there is always a good selection of nice food. one tip though when getting a table during dinnertime ask for a large drink... we asked for coke fanta etc on first day and they brought it in little plastic cups.. and it does take a while for them to come and ask what would you like to drink which is the only negative about the holiday but just makes you ask straight away when you sit down before jumping up and going for food. The staff come round the pool asking what you wold like to drink all day which is handy if your lazy :P also at around dinnertime when its warmest a person comes round with ice cold flanels which are a must!

overall the hotel is situated in a good location. the main things to do outside hotel is go to the harbour which is a 20 minute walk.. really nice lots of bars and shops and even some clubs which are on another street. ( not great) straight outside the hotel there is the beach. the hotel has its own private part which only hotel members can use with beds and brolleys. a range of jet skis etc to use which are a must! tip if using jet skis go for the super one. extra 5 euro but twice as fast..

when you turn left out of the hotel at the rear you can walk along for a good half hour past all the hotels. a nice long path along the beach is a really nice walk. however on a night can get dark so would reccommend the path out the front of the hotel where the road is. a really beautiful sunset on the night though!

Room Tip: get one that looks onto the beach.. around 2-3 story up. sunset on a night is great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank chris h
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for taking the time to write a review about your holiday at the Louis Imperial Beach.

It is a pleasure to hear that you were very pleased with our marvellous property and that you had a warm and welcoming arrival experience. We are additionally delighted to read that you found our room to your utmost liking with a beautiful view over our beach area, and that you indulged in the splendid selection of our cuisine. Furthermore, we would like to thank you for mentioning your observation in regards to the speed of our service flow which we duly note and will further follow-up on. All in all, we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the ideal location of our property as it provided you with a short distance to many nearby attractions, and that you would commend our staff for their personalized service which provided you with many refreshments around our pool area.

We hope that you will visit us at the Louis Imperial Beach soon again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

We have just come back after spending ten days at the louis imperial, this is our second visit to pathos, after spending last year going to the louis ledra, just two hotels away. Once again we can not fault this chain of hotels.

We had a sea view on the third floor, well worth paying the extra. We were facing the tennis court, but would of really liked to be over the pool, as you do get to see a lovely sunset every night. The room was clean, spotless and when we arrived we had a special touch of slippers, robes, a bottle of champagne and fruit when we arrived.

The restaurant was very good and the staff, were excellent at looking after you. The food was alway hot, and catered for everyone.

A special thank you to all the staff who made our honeymoon so good, and to kizzy in the entertainment team, who works so hard and makes a special effort to talk to everyone

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cate S
Dear guest,

We are delighted to read that our property lived up to the high expectations you have of our Louis Hotels brand and that you had an absolutely wonderful honeymoon at our lovely destination. Moreover, we thrilled to hear that you were very impressed by your immaculately clean room and the many special touches prepared for you upon arrival. Finally, we are happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your every dining experience which offered an exquisite selection of dishes during each meal, combined with great standards of service.

We hope to see you soon again at the Louis Imperial Beach.

Faithfully yours,