Just got back from the Imperial Beach - overall all we had a lovely holiday travelling as a family of three with my nine year old son. My biggest disappointment to a costly holiday and right from the start was looking out from the first floor onto a skip loaded with bin bags!! So much so that I never sat on the balcony at all. I was told when we booked in we had a lovely room!! That said the room was clean and nicely decorated with plenty of room for clothing etc, take you own hair dryer the one provided overheats and goes at one slow speed. The reception team were friendly and efficient and we were greeted with drinks etc We enjoyed the food in the main restaurant and the choice but the 'Japanese ' was really more like a Chinese Buffet style . Drinks were not great for me, beer flat, cocktails boring and basic with local spirits and wine not good. The bar staff however were great and work very hard to brink drinks, cold towels, melon to you throughout the heat of the day . Sunbeds remain the usual get up early to get one by the pool issue, however there seemed enough and a nice variety of spaces to grab one if you wanted to peace from the pool or the beach. I note one review mentioned a ' buntlines atmosphere' by the pool which I think unfair but there were some daily activity as a family hotel etc it's what you should expect . We enjoyed the other activities throughout the day which gives an opportunity to meet others if you wish. My son went to kids club once, they were late starting, he enjoyed it but I think there could have been more outdoor activities and some evening ones for the kids in my sons age who didn't fancy a mini disco . The evening entertainment needs some variety , singing and dancing every night with the quality of some acts being poor to laughable. There was no music before or after at the pool bar which we would have enjoyed, I think the hotel should invest in tables that don't wobble and wipe the chair handles at the end of a night ! . You could give the welcome meeting a miss as it was only about selling trips and they are expensive , you can read this info on the web before, would have been more useful to have the animation team there telling us about hotel activities etc
There was an indoor pool with adult use only, this was not busy so I think in the hottest part of the day could have been opened an hour or two for children - the outdoor pool was not refreshing and seemed dirty later in the day and was cleaned every day at a bout 9 when people were already swimming so that could have been better. The jacuzzi was good for cooling off but the bubbles were limited.
There were two weddings when we were there which looked nice but a tad public, the reception evening part could have been set up else where for privacy and setting but did look like they enjoyed themselves.
All in all , though there are some gripes we would go back and we have had a great holiday and thought the Imperial nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by exotic gardens and only a few steps from the azure blue Mediterranean waters this 4 Star Paphos hotel invites you and your family or friends to experience a truly relaxing Cyprus holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Louis Imperial Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Imperial Beach Paphos
- Louis Imperial Beach Hotel Paphos