This hotel is very nearly perfect, but it sadly lets itself down in a few areas.
The major disappointment for us was the so called 'family room' - which you have to pay extra for I may add. We were a party of 5, so had one double room, and one family room.The double room was fine and what you would expect, so no problems there, but the family room was frankly an insult. Firstly, the so called family room was smaller than the double room. Secondly, the 'family room' was two twin beds plus what can only be described as a very old and rusty child's camp bed for the third adult. How this can be seen as an acceptable 'family room' for for three adults is beyond me, and as I state, an insult.. We ended up having to convert the sofa in the bigger double room into a bed instead. It is astonishing that a hotel of this size, magnitude and with such a so called high reputation can believe that this is acceptable. The hotel seems to pride itself in attention to detail in almost every other aspect, so why slack with the presentation and quality of the so called family rooms? I would strongly urge anyone to book an additional room, or look at an alternative hotel rather than spend 7/10/14 nights sleeping tentatively on a 1970's camp bed.
Moving on with some brief headlines:
- the food was very good. Plenty on offer. Always hot. Enough choices to cater for everyone's tastes. Just mind the scolding hot plates.
- The indoor pool is a godsend in the summer heat and a very good idea. The idea to exclude children from the indoor pool is an even better idea.
- The outdoor pool is more like a hot standing room only bath. Apparently there's a no inflatable rule - however this is not enforced in the slightest. So if you like swimming in between 30 floats and 50 screaming children squirting water pistols, this is the pool for you.
- The beach and sea is nice. Its not very sandy, very hard going on your feet, but if you enjoy the beach/sea then this will be fine. Its perhaps not up to the standards of fairweather beach goers.
- Staff all seemed friendly. You get the odd 'I'm not happy about my life' waiters, but on the whole we have no complaints here.
- Hotel was very clean. The cleaners seem to work 24/7.
One final point on the entertainment. If you like the old camp and "I'm gay everyone look at me please" routine every night, then please go to this hotel as you will not be disappointed.
The monotonous bingo caller and his very poor jokes every night will leave you going clinically insane. The bingo game is fixed to call out his special numbers so he can say the same jokes night in night out - or in the case of number 69, so he can pretend to go embarrassed and say he cant possibly say that number. The alternative to listening to this moron every night is to sit inside (why do people do this when your on holiday?) with the pensioners and stare silently into space for the whole evening. We tried playing a game of cards in there one night, but as this raised the noise level from silence to whispering, a number of tuts and stares were aimed in our direction.
To conclude. This hotel is perfectly fine. If you have booked, don't fear, you will have a nice holiday. It won't be your best, but it wont be your worse by a long way. If the hotel sorted out the family room situation and improved the entertainment, I would consider returning. However, whilst both problems remain, I would definitely choose to look elsewhere instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by exotic gardens and only a few steps from the azure blue Mediterranean waters this 4 Star Paphos hotel invites you and your family or friends to experience a truly relaxing Cyprus holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Bookcyprus.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Imperial Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Imperial Beach Paphos
- Louis Imperial Beach Hotel Paphos