We stayed at the imperial beach at the end of April/beginning of May 2014 and returned for a family wedding in August 2014. The wedding was professionally organised and thanks must go to all the staff involved. It was a nice touch having a separate area on the grass by the beach which was decorated for weddings.
I agree with previous comments about sunbeds being reserved - I woke up at 6.00 am and most of the beds round the pool had towels on them. Also the dress code at night was not enforced so why state these rules and not act on them. I know its hard when the temperatures were in the high 80s/90s but long trousers could be worn for the evening meal and changed after if necessary. The Thai restaurant was excellent and the food in the main restaurant was ok something for everyone unless you were a very picky eater. The ice cold towels were lovely if you got one - they had usually run out by the time they got to us. We preferred to sunbathe on the grass near the beach, much cooler with a bit of a breeze.
We had a room on the 3rd floor which looked out to the sea and harbour - it was lovely watching the sunsets. Rooms overlooking the tennis court would have been cooler but we opted for the harbour view. We saw most of the same entertainment when we stayed in April so did not sit outside to watch them for the third time - and yes having the bingo in between the shows was too long drawn out and boring.
The animation team had more or less the same activities that we had seen in April but they and the waiters had their work cut out as it was so hot and humid so well done to them.
There had been an 'incident' in the big swimming pool which was closed for the rest of the day. It was much nicer swimming in the sea as the pool was like a warm bath and not pleasant at all although the adults only indoor pool was lovely. Towels were easily available and changed at no cost.
So all in all a lovely hotel to have a wedding but not in August - far too hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by exotic gardens and only a few steps from the azure blue Mediterranean waters this 4 Star Paphos hotel invites you and your family or friends to experience a truly relaxing Cyprus holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Bookcyprus.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Imperial Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Imperial Beach Paphos
- Louis Imperial Beach Hotel Paphos