“brill hotel”

Akti Beach Village Resort
Ranked #30 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I went self catering at this resort,i was very pleased with the hotel.I was very clean and the staff were very polite.I would go back there again but have a car next time its a bit far from the main road.

1  Thank debbiebrown
ANTONIS A, General Manager at Akti Beach Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you for being our guests and for giving us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you. We are very happy that we have fulfilled your expectations and desires. Your comments are highly appreciated and will definitely have a positive impact to our resort’s facilities and services because they encourage us to try our upmost at all times.

There are newer reviews for Akti Beach Village Resort

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Have just returned from a 7 day break to Akti Village Beach. I read all the reviews and searched high & low to ensure as always I go in with my eyes wide open. I read negatives such as food not being hot and lots of waste due to children being allowed to help themselves then leave it un eaten on their table. My findings on this were food mostly warm and if you timed it correctly could be hot. Plates need heating up to prevent your food getting cold by the time you sit at your table. Children will be children & without revealing which Country these kids were from..it's true but it's the parents fault because they allowed it. The other negative was the walk to the main road to catch a bus into the harbour or Market. Not for the infirm or elderly but woth it if you can because for 3 Euro's you can get an all day ticket then just hop & off as we did. One more point need mentioning is the large Hotel under construction 7 days a week adjacent to the Akti Village Beach. Our first room was approx' 30 Metres away and would have kept me awake if I choose to lay in after 7am or take a siesta. The staff were extremely helpful and swapped our room the next day. Try getting room over the pool if your staying within the next year. The hotel itself is just as it describes itself, no gimmicks. I could not find a more helpful bunch of people working at this Hotel. Entertainment is not 5 star but remember your not paying 5 Star bills. You have to go all inclusive to get the best value and the food & drink is plentyfull. I always make a point of not going to same place twice for a holiday but this is an exception. I have already looked at next years prices and will be taking children with us who will not be allowed to pile their plate up to the last potatoe on top of a bowl of ice cream. I suppose this type of 'help yourself whenever you want' does bring out the worst in people but a little common sense can ensure your stay is 100% worth it. Dessy & the animation team are such lovely people & I cant wait to meet up agin with them.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Building site much quiter. Go foor pool view.
1  Thank steve b

Reviewed 4 November 2012

we had a lovely time and the staff were first class rooms were basic but clean.food was really good but on theme nights they tended to sway away from what the theme was,we went to mexican night and they had spring rolls out and poppadoms,i would imagine chilli should have been put out,and also advertising mexican burgers and chicken fajitas and there was none.location good ten mins from town all in all a good holiday,be carefull of the local mtaxin drivers they have no brains.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your constructive comments and for being our guests. Your comments are very highly appreciated and will help us to upgrade our resort's services and facilities. We are very happy that you give us the opportunity to correct things that did not meet your expectations.
We would like to extend our warm wishes and regards from all of us and we are looking forward to seeing you again at our village resort thus giving us the chance to show our warm hospitality.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 25 October 2012

My wife & I stayed at the Akti Beach resort from 14th - 21st October 2012 and I would have to say it was absolutely fabulous. The location, although a little way out of town, was perfect for us, with the fab views of, and easy accessibility to, the Sea. The local bus services were only a short walk away (10 mins to the main rd), and it was possible to walk to some local attractions (Tombs of the Kings) in only 20 minutes, even in the hot weather.
The reception staff are all very friendly and speak multiple languages fairly fluently. The food was tasty and varied, they do a different 'theme' every evening at the restaurant, so one night is Greek night, one is International night, one is Mexican night etc etc.
The bar staff are a credit to the hotel, all so friendly and helpful, with a special mention for Victoria, Tatiana, Harry and Garik who stood out even amongst an outstanding group.
Our room was clean and spacious, and well cared for by the cleaning staff. Towels can be chaged daily, if you so wish, although this is indicated by your leaving them on the floor, so if you are environmentally concious you can continue to hang your towel and not have it changed. The balcony was lovely as well. The beds are a little firm, but are comfortable.
The animation team lead by Dessy are tireless, and will do everything they can to ensure you have a great time, without ever making you feel obliged or forced to participate. A special mention for the girl (I've forgotten her name) who leads the 'mini club' for the kids and leads their mini disco early in the evening, she has an amazing energy and enthusiam and the kids involved certainly seemed to be having fun.
There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for everyone, and the little cove nearby makes for fabulous swimming in the sea or snorkelling time (we saw loads of cool fish and even an Octopus!). There are 2 swimming pools, and the one by the mini-market is usually quiet if you want to be out of the general hustle and bustle of the resort. The Mini-Market is useful, although would probably provide limited choice food wise if you are self catering (we went all-inclusive). It does sell a range of swimming related goodies, books, sun hats, sun creams, water, first aid stuff etc, and appears to be fairly competitively priced, when compared to the local Kiosks.
The local beers at the bar were tasty, and they do a good range of cocktails on the all inclusive package as well. I really cant recommend the Akti Beach resort highly enough - Go, you'll have a great time!

2  Thank Alan S
ANTONIS A, General Manager at Akti Beach Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

ANTONIS ARISTODEMOU
PS. I will personally passed your comments to all our personnel

Reviewed 25 October 2012

just got back from this hotel, and i must say i do have mixed feelings. please dont get me wrong everyone has different tastes,and i wont make this an essay. We arrived and shown to our room, and was shown how to use the air con. i opened the balcony door and there was a tree hanging over into the balcony, i went to the reception and told them about it and he changed our room without any problems. the resort it self is a bit out of the way 10-15 mins to the harbour and the other way coral bay by bus. The walk to the bus stop took 5 - 10 mins, depending if you walk up the road or the dirt track, and its very dark at night. The buses are really good 3 euro for a day pass and go anywhere..was packed in a bit tho. The food is really good and lots of it (we went half board). for us it was a little out of the way of anything.we did go to the sports bar around the corner, and to paddy's Irish bar a few times at the night times. Chloe's Chinese on the main road was gorgeous, really tasty. There was a lot of Germans and Russians, we only met 3 other English couples. The bar and restaurant staff are fantastic and work so hard to keep all happy.

Room Tip: take a small torch,or download an app for your phone.
2  Thank cheekyfew

ANTONIS ARISTODEMOU
PS Kindly, please be informed that the British market enjoys a percentage of 35% of the total annual occupancies.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

This hotel has very little to offer and we were out a lot of the time but its quite far out and taxis are around 10 euros from Paphos and a whopping 25 euros from coral bay! The buses are about 1 euro and run frequently but you have quite a hike to get to the main road, The hotel does have a shuttle bus at a fee and limited times but we never used this. The rooms are spacious but not very clean and have self catering facilities and this is what we wished we had opted for cos the a/i was far from it. You have to buy basic essentials like water the safe is payable and the food was poor quality the lunch menu states burgers,pizza, chips etc but we had to complain before we got any. the walk along the coast to Paphos harbour takes you passed the lighthouse and other hotels and takes about an hour and a half worth the effort if weather not too hot or in our case pouring with rain! (never rains in cyprus my [--])lol There is also building work going on right next to the hotel which was very annoying when trying to snooze while sunbathing and we could here it from our room and we were quite far from it but a lot of complaints from guests staying in the rooms nearest it.. We wouldn't hurry back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank waddy_12

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I've just come back from a week's winter sun break. It is my first time in Cyprus and I have to say that if the staff are representative of what the Cypriot people are like then they are lovely!! The staff are so helpful, friendly and cannot do enough for you and when you do ask them for something, if they can, they do more than what you ask for. It was my birthday whilst away and my parents arranged for a cake to be brought out in the evening, which they were more than delighted to do. Following the provision of the cake in style (complete with singing) they took it upon themselves to make me a drink complete with sparkler just to add to the occasion and make it special. This was all thanks to Sanji (Restaurant manager). He saw my mum balancing a cup of tea and a plate and went straight over to her to carry her drink and escort her back to her table. Alex, one of the waiters and Victoria who served us drinks in the bar in the evening I want to make particular mention of but there was also Petur and another of the waitresses who served drinks in the evening (I can't remember her name). In fact the point I am trying to make is that All of the staff are lovely. Someone mentioned Jenny. I never spoke to her but I saw her. My mum noted how she was constantly aware of any spillages that had been made from the hot drinks machine and would ensure it was cleaned for others to use. These people are so hard working. You see them early at breakfast, then they would serve you at lunch and then in the evening - long days and yet their role was to ensure that you had the enjoyable holiday you paid for and deserved. This made the holiday for me. Dessy (animator team) was lively and yet not intrusive in any way. I am quite shy and wondered if I would be "forced" into any activities I didn't want to do but that isn't the case and your privacy is respected. I have to note that all of the staff are multilingual speaking at least English, German and Russian, thus their aim is to ensure that all hotal guests are made to feel welcomed. The buffet was absolutely fine, unless you are ultra fussy or restricted with what you can eat there is always something for everyone, for the healthy to the "I'm on holiday, the diet can wait" but again you have to remember that in addition to the variety of the themed nights their aim was to also ensure that there was familiar food on offer to all guests from all cultures thus they are an inclusive hotel, not wishing to exclude anyone. This meant that often there was food on offer not to my particular taste so I chose not to eat it and got something else instead. It was good, as far as I am able to be advernturous, to at least give other foods a try. The hotel room was quite spacious, cleaned everyday and bath and face towels changed daily if you so indicated by placing your towels in the bath or on floor. The room key being inserted in the wall to activate the electrics is a good idea and stops you from losing them or forgetting where in the room you put them down!! The beds are a little hard but you get used to it. I asked for another pillow in reception and they sorted that out for me - no problem. I had a problem with the air conditioner working which they immediately got an engineer on. My dad checked and he agreed there was a problem. I had to report it a second time and again they sorted it out. However you do need to make sure that the windows and doors are shut as the senosrs link to the air con so it won't work. If on the second occasion it wasn't working because the door wasn't closed, they never commented on it to cause me any embarressment. I tell you this as things may go wrong but the quality of any establishment is in how they deal with it and they are prompt to deal with any concerns you have - that is quality!! Akti Beach is right on the ocean front and so it was lovely to sit and relax in the sun with a perfect view of the glistening waters of the med. Apparently, reading from another review, there is a shuttle bus into Paphos. We didn't know this and walked to the bus stop. I've read some of the reviews but unless you have mobility issues, it wasn't really a problem and we walked to it in just over 5 mins. There are some lovely flowers growing amongst the dry landscape - quite beautiful and if you've gone to Cyprus to get some sun then the walk will help top up your tan!! Just wear a hat and be sensible if you're going out anywhere in the height of the day. There is a lovely breeze so it is not stiffling heat which gives you some relief. The buses run regularly and cost a euro a journey or for 3 euros you get as may journeys as you want for the day so you can go one way to Coral beach and then hop back on and get off at some of the shops get back on into Paphos, go to Tomb of the kings if you want and then get back to akti beach - all for 3 euros!! That isn't bad and saves haggling a price with a taxi driver (they don't run on meters) If however there is a shuttle though then that might be worth investigating - ask at reception they will be more than happy to help. I think acti beach gives you the best of both - you have the quite if you want it or not very far away you can travel to town and visit the harbour.
The only other thing I will mention which is relevant to know in the short term is that right next to Acti beach there are developers working on the site just next door. They work from about 7am to 7pm so you will get the sound of JCB's drilling, digging, lorries etc. Obviously once this work is completed that's it but you do eventually get use to the sound but it is only fair to mention that at this point in time if you are needing a holiday of total quite, you will need to consider this. If for this reason acti beach isn't the place for you please don't let it put you off making it a place for your next holiday retreat. Traveling around Paphos there is a lot of development opportunities as they want to improve on what they can offer i.e. they are developing a shopping mall so see it in the short term for longer term benefits (although the shopping mall may be more for the ladies!!!!).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank joedkins
ANTONIS A, General Manager at Akti Beach Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

ANTONIS ARISTODEMOU
P.S your comments make me feel very proud for our personnel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
King Evelthon Beach Hotel & Resort
#20 of 87 in Paphos
Meltemi Villas
Meltemi Villas
#3 of 87 in Paphos

Been to Akti Beach Village Resort? Share your experiences!