“3rd year and no way as good as we remember”

Akti Beach Village Resort
Ranked #31 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 30 September 2013

been staying at the Akti Village for over 3 years and it has completely changed..... and not for the good!

positives:
the accommodation is still lovely as cosy but could do with a freshen up -
harry in the bar is still amazing and funny
sanje in the restaurant really works hard and always stops for a chat

negatives:
building site is an eyesore but did not disturb us relaxing - however it obstructs the view as much as you try to ignore it?
the entertainment must have changed companies cause this year it was awful! the team were not interested in entertaining us - and we mainly returned to see the familiar faces of funtastic???? where have they gone???? they were an asset to the hotel and were brilliant?
where are the dance shows, fire shows, singers - the hotels evening entertainment is the biggest let down for us and many people we travelled with?
we always recommended this hotel for being fun and lively regardless of its location however this visit was miserable, boring and impersonal.
we wanted to return next year but will only do so if the entertainment is changed or seriously improved!

on a whole we enjoyed our stay but management please take note from the many comments - entertainment needs to be looked at in order for us British to have an enjoyable holiday!

2  Thank emma p
ANTONIS A, General Manager at Akti Beach Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your constructive comments and for being our guests. Your comments are very highly appreciated and will help us to upgrade our resort's services and facilities. We are very happy that you give us the opportunity to correct things that did not meet your expectations.
We would like to extend our warm wishes and regards from all of us and we are looking forward to seeing you again at our village resort thus giving us the chance to show our warm hospitality.
Yours sincerely
ANTONIS ARISTODEMOU
PS your comments about the entertainment are taken into our consideration

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I can't believe some of the bad comments I had read, is this really the same place ? I visited alti beach with my partner in 2011And had an amazing week. We enjoyed off holiday so much we returned again the same week in 2012. And everything was just as perfect as before.staff are very helpfull and polite speak really good English. Food was very nice, morning" lunch" and dinner, our rooms have always been clean, one thing I love about this holiday is the fact you can just relax all day, the walk to main road is a little far but there's always buses and taxis available.theres so much to do in paphos, wave dancer highly reccomend, coral bay which has to gorgeous beachs, the market in up in the village is lovely too.i could go on and on about this place Cyprus is beautiful and I can't wait to come back

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you for being our guests and for giving us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you. We are very happy that we have fulfilled your expectations and desires. Your comments are highly appreciated and will definitely have a positive impact to our resort’s facilities and services because they encourage us to try our upmost at all times. Also, kindly note that we are planning to renovate our rooms this coming winter. Please check the photos on our website in few months time.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed on a 2 week all inclusive from 25th August 2013. We were shown to our room when we arrived around 5pm and helped up the flight of stairs with our suitcases which I thought was nice. The room was clean and spacious and the interior decor really didn't impact my holiday what so ever with regards to it being "dated." Whn we opened the curtains to the balcony I must say I was suddenly very down heartened and thought we may need to complain in the morning because we could see the full building site to the right and thought the noise would drive us insane.... But! I can honestly say it never bothered us what so ever, the noise was very minimal and never affected us at all - and I am quite intolerant of noise! :) the air con was great and at no extra cost. We didn't use any of the kitchen appliances except the fridge so couldn't comment on them but they looked fine. The hotel grounds were very pretty in my opinion and the shop was quite well equipped for little extras. The main pool area always had available sun loungers any time of day. The ones closest to the pool had usually been reserved but I must comment this was always Brits so I don't know why people blame the Russians who tend to come much later in the day! Food was ok, always something to eat but slightly boring. Breakfast had everything ud ever want with croissants, toast, jams, butter, cereals, the usual ham and feta etc then cooked breakfasts with fruit juice and coffee, tea etc. lunch was the best in my opinion often with Greek salad, pork skewers, tzaziki, fish. Ice cream was available as long as the pool bar was open which was nice. Dinner was a bit repetitive. I know people say that it wasn't and there was theme nights but the theme nights included an "international" night, Greek night and Cypriot night. If I never see moussaka again it would be too soon! It also slipped its way into lunch a few times! There was also an Italian night, BBQ (not an actual BBQ), tex mex and carvery. There was always something to eat tho, just perhaps not too exciting! The staff were excellent tho and I must emphasise that. Harry at the pool bar was very efficient and didn't condone queue skipping! :) there are too many to mention but they were all fab. The absolute worst point of this holiday by miles was the evening "entertainment" it was dire. I honestly would have rathered sit with a juke box than the torture of the entertainment. Despite there being as many ( if not more) couples than families the childrens disco went on until 9.30-10pm then there would be an hour - hour and a half before the bar shut. Even when the "adult entertainment" started it was terrible. For a hotel this size woth as many guests, they really should be investing in some decent acts. Because of this we spent about €500 over budget due to having to go out most evenings because the entertainment could seriously have ruined our holiday and we wanted to enjoy ourselves. Nadia was the main entertainer but she was just interested in sitting chatting in russian. Her evening programmes left a lot to be desired - karaoke streamed from the internet on a laptop? it just wasnt good enough. We went into the harbour quite a few times (no hiking boots required to the bus stop) this was a 10-15 min walk at a normal pace on a slight tangent - not a mountain hike!!!! The bus was €1.50 to the harbour and very easy to use. Taxis were about €10. We went on the wave dancer evening fireworks cruise and highly recommend this! On a final note - the russians! i genuinely thought they had an unfair write up on here as u have ur holiday, they have theres and u just get on with it but by about the 10th day they were really beginning to grate on me. Just the storming infront, weird stare outs, not holding doors open when u are an inch behind, general sour faces apparently incapable of a smile and no comprehension of queuing creates a hostile feeling in the hotel. Would we go again? To Cyprus yes, to akti beach no. The entertainment really let this place down but other than that a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guests,
Kindly be informed that our rooms will be renovated this coming winter and we absolutely take very seriously your comments about the entertainment.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed at Akti for 10 days all inclusive. One bedroom apartment was very spacious and cleaned every day. The food was excellent with ample choice, something for everyone and Saje and the rest of the staff were so hardworking and nothing was too much trouble.There is a waiter service for drinks in the bar area which was really a nice touch. The pool was a good size and warm and we never had a problem getting a sunbed no matter what time of the day. As mentioned in previous reviews there is still a construction site on the doorstep but it's not really intrusive. Paphos harbour is lovely, the hotel does have a shuttle bus that does a couple of trips there a day for approx 1.75 or taxi 10 euros each way. All in all we had a great holiday and was value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
ANTONIS A, General Manager at Akti Beach Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We have just returned from a week of all inclusive at the Akti Beach. The hotel was rated as a 4 star but to be honest I think it is more a 3 star, but with just a few changes could bring themselves to a 4 star standard.
I traveled with my husband and parents and we were a little disappointed when we were shown to our rooms. They were very dated in their decor and the shower was a plastic pipe attached to the taps. The towels were not quite white anymore and not much 'fluffiness' to them. The room was very clean but did have a bit of a 'musty' smell. The first evening meal again made us feel a little let down - there wasn't much choice to be honest but it was tasty.
After the first evening we decided that whilst the rooms were dated the rest of the hotel was excellent. The breakfast was good and the food available for snacks and lunch were also good. The choice of drinks on the all inclusive menu was also very good.
The second evening there seemed more choice for the evening meal and we never struggled to find something to eat, but have enjoyed more choice at other hotels.
The waiters and bar staff were excellent - always willing to help. When we wanted a table for 4 outside they quickly cleared tables and put 2 together so that we could eat as a family. Nothing was too much trouble.
It was my mum's birthday whilst we were there and I mentioned this to the 'head waiter' when he seated us and he waited for my mum to go and get her meal and then approached me to say they would like to provide mum with a birthday cake - so if I let him know when we were ready for dessert he would bring it to our table. The cake arrived accompanied by 3 waiters singing 'Happy Birthday' - the cake was complete with candles and icing saying 'Happy Birthday' - this was done free of charge. This made my mum's evening!
We had been notified of the building work taking place next door - I can't say that we didn't hear it at all, but to be honest it wasn't that bad and didn't spoil our experience at all.
The entertainment was reasonable in the evening - not the best we have ever experienced but certainly enjoyable. The day time activities were there if you wanted them - but just wanted to relax!
Overall a very good holiday! - all staff were helpful.
The hotel would only need to improve a few things to turn this into a very good 4 star:
update the decor in the rooms, fluffy white towels, more modern shower, more choice of food, free poolside towels rather than having to pay a deposit, free safety deposit box and added extras: padded sunbeds as the current ones were a little uncomfortable. This may sound like I am being a bit picky but I am basing this on my previous experiences - maybe if the owners visited the Eleon Grand Resort in Zante they would see that these little things make a big difference to the customer.

2  Thank Tracey K
ANTONIS A, General Manager at Akti Beach Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for being our guests and for giving us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you. We are very happy that we have fulfilled your expectations and desires. Your comments are highly appreciated and will definitely have a positive impact to our resort’s facilities and services because they encourage us to try our upmost at all times. Kinly note that we wll renovate our rooms this coming winter and is going to be very similar with the hotel you mentioned. I checked it and your right. You can see the photos of our new rooms on our website in few months.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

very pleasant stay at the akti beach. we were all inclusive and enjoyed the food although a bit samie by the last day, the hotel was clean and comfortable. the only real down side is that although its called akti beach, there was no real beach to speak of.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Room Tip: We were in apartment 511 which was very quiet and not too far from the amenities