“Avakas Gorge Walk - July 2014”

Amadeus Holidays - Private Walking Day Tours
Ranked #35 of 52 Tours in Paphos
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Paphos, Cyprus My passion is to share the beautiful countryside around Paphos with you as we walk together. I will pick you up from your hotel, take you hiking and then return you to your hotel later in the afternoon. The routes I offer cover Troodos and Western Cyprus, ranging from 8 to 20km in length, dependent on your capabilities and preference. I operate all year round. So, take a look at the reviews and photos here, or on my website and give me a call.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a fantastic day out with Allan walking through the Avakas Gorge this July. Allan was very knowledgeable and helped guide us on a fantastic route.

I would highly recommend arranging a walking trip with Amadeus Holidays as there is so much more to Paphos than the tourist areas by the sea and has given us some great memories from our holiday there.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I came across Amadeus walking on the internet ,I was looking for a company who would take lone walkers ,I contacted Allan by Email and we found a walk I wanted to do .Allan picked me up from the hotel and straight away I felt at ease .We travelled to the start of the walk by car .Allan gave me lots of information about the area .The walk through the gorge was just what I had wanted a bit of a challenge and great fun ,I loved it and would nt hesitate to walk with Allan again if I get the chance for a return visit to Cyprus .

1  Thank JulieF F
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Allan picked us up from the hotel in Paphos. The last part of the ride was unpaved till we stopped at the seaside where the hike started. The first large part of the walk was through the gorge. This was adventurous and fun to walk, climb and the figure out how to get further. We felt like explorers ;-). At the end of the gorge, we reached the top of beautiful hills where the silence was only disturbed by bells of goats that were gazing. Very nice scenery! Allan was a very friendly tour guide who told also a lot about the history of Cyprus.

Allan, thanks for the wonderful day!

Peter and Nicole

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was very surprised to find in the Beginning of march 2013 plenty of flowering wild flowers.Allan,the guide of Amadeus Holidays, took my several days to places where nobody comes.So,the wild flowers still remain there because no tourist is coming on those hikes. Fields plenty og orchids , cyclamen,and so on.I wentback in october 2013 and the hikings were fantastic.Every season he is looking for new hikings and you can ask what kind of hiking you desire : in the mountains, along the coast, inside the country.The groups are not big so you are not obliged to walk in a file.It was really great.Of course he pick you up on your hotel.

2  Thank Annemietoss
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Allan was a very pleasant guide who promptly picked us up from our hotel and returned us after guiding us at our pace through walks he has planned based on experience of the area; particularly the Troodos Mountains and the Akamas peninsular, He is offering something rewarding and enjoyable at taking time to see Cyprus on foot at a slower pace than zooming round on a bus.