All reviews la place royale ceiling fan half board deluxe room bowl of fruit a garden view room sea front free fridge sun terrace on arrival tv remote air con dressing gowns and slippers bathroom door bed and breakfast pool area small hotel
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We have visited Paphos 6 times now and are returning next year to the region. This is the first time at this hotel, and the reason we have given the hotel a 3* is mainly because we have sort of compared with the other 2 hotels we have stayed in previously.
The resort itself is really family friendly, it’s not a boom boom type of region, but still quite busy and lively enough if you want it to be. The location of the hotel is in the heart of everything and the best location we have had. It’s not noisy either.
I initially emailed the hotel to ask if I could have soya milk at breakfast as I’m a vegetarian but also don’t have milk or cheese , so just about vegan really. I got told that soya milk wouldn’t be provided. I thought ok fair enough so when we got there we bought some. However when we checked in, a meeting had been arranged with the restaurant manager Damitrius. He told me that he had bought in soya milk and if there was anything I needed cooking he would organise it. The only thing is , I’m not the type of person to ask for separate food to be cooked when a buffet is out. So for vegetarians the choices of food are quite good, but for vegans, no. Not unless you are prepared to ask for something specific to be cooked at every single meal. Salads contain cheese, rice and potatoes contain butter, mash contains cheese, soup is cream of etc. I struggled badly. One day Damitrius looked at my plate with hardly anything on and I got offered fries. We ended up buying snacks and we ate out at the Chinese one night.
The staff here are really lovely and just want to please you, I wish we could list them all but ones that stood out for us were Jaimal and Lavi , who worked floor all meal times , Emiliana who worked day times and Valentina and Nadia on front desk.
We started out by enjoying our meals outside, you can choose either inside or out at breakfast and lunch but on the evening it is outside only. The hotel has a huge ant problem and the first 2 days we got bitten like crazy on the soles of our feet and up our legs, so we ate inside the rest of the holiday during the times we could.
Sun beds are plentiful and there is none of this reserving beds with towels lark. There is always a bed free even by lunch time. The pool bar service is friendly and if you are all inclusive, certain cocktails are included. However sometimes you can be stood at the bar around 15 minutes before anyone comes to get you a drink. We ended up drinking our own wine because we had waited so long to get a drink and nobody came.
The restaurant on an evening is buffet style inside , but seating is outside where there is also a pasta chef who will cook up different pastas and sauces. Plenty for omnivores, but I had no choice here either, just plain tomato sauce.
Outside bar shuts around 9pm then you have to sit inside.
You need to like cats too because they are resident in the grounds. We don’t mind them being around us when we eat but some people don’t like it. However it’s a thing you will find all over the island, not just this hotel.
The rooms are cleaned every single day and towels changed if you leave them in the shower room. We had a welcome fruit basket and a bottle of wine, also dressing gowns and slippers. We had a lovely upgraded sea view room on the top floor. We were expecting a garden view room, so we were pleasantly surprised by this.
Toilet roll cannot be flushed down the toilet, so take nappy sacks for your toilet roll because it’s not very pleasant having to put it in the bin. Luckily we did take some. Also definitely take insect repellent and relief cream.
Overall a really nice holiday, and I always like to include the only things that would stop us from returning if that’s the case. With us this time it would definitely only be that I had no food available without having to request it , which was my choice not to do, because I would have had to do it at every meal. And the ants crawling up our legs while we ate outside.
The staff really try hard here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2018

we stayed in July in a deluxe room on the 1st floor, very nice and clean hotel and the staff worked very hard, all the receptionist were great as well. there was always plenty of sun loungers, the food was good I liked it plenty of choose, there was a lot of Russians in the hotel and they did not seem to like the English much, and they were very ignorant to the staff as well, but they didn't bother us,
The rooms where clean and the deluxe were well kitted out with fridge and tea and coffee and a kettle I never drank my bottle of free wine so not sure if it was nice or not
there are lots of bars around and places to eat, the Flintstones Bar is a good bar with friendly staff and just over
the road, and Bar street is 50 meters up the road and the drinks are pretty cheap as well up there has a Magaluf fell to it up there, but not as mad.
loads of coffee shops and the prices are not bad 3 to 4 euro for a coffee and a beer for a couple of euro on a afternoon look for the offers

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This hotel tries hard to please. Staff are welcoming and helpful. Location is great for sea, restaurants and harbour. Food is acceptable, rooms are clean and swimpool is small but adequate for a cool-off. For the price we paid we have no complaints. The major problems was all the steps and usually no banisters.Quite a problem when your eyesight is not too wonderful but much worse for some older people who were physically struggling. So yes we had a lovely holiday but choose another hotel if you are not physically fit.

Room Tip: Ask for an inward facing room to avoid slight road/restaurants noise.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We have just got back from staying at the Dionysos Hotel in Paphos and I would like to say we had a fantastic time. The hotel staff where very friendly and always welcoming.The room was lovely with a bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit to welcome us free of charge.If you are thinking of going to Paphos in Cyprus,then I would recommend the Dionysos Central Hotel.As for evening entertainment, we spent many an enjoyable evening with a bottle of wine,on the balcony listening to the music from the taverna opposite,these occasions are what you make them .Anne Boni

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
7  Thank anneelizabethboni
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Recently come back from Staying at this Gem of a hotel! Firstly we were welcome by one of lovely ladies at the reception who greeted us by a lovely smile. Because we arrived from a late flight we were given a voucher for a lunch to use any time during our as we had missed the evening meal (we were on a half board basis ) Also we had voucher for a free drink to use at Royal Palace restaurant which was behind the swimming pool. The room was a good size which had dressing gown, slippers to use and a compermnty bottle of wine, bottle of water and a bowl of fruit not bad for a 3* hotel!!our view from our room was of the garden and of the annex .(room 122) The food we found was good but a bit samey so we went out a couple of times. The pool was good but it could do with a clean in the winter months as it was a bit dirty on the side of the pool otherwise it was fine.Now if you don't mind going using the local buses and want to visit the other parts of Paphos region e.g. Coral bay,the old town and market or even Aphrodite rock then we recommend to go to the bus station and getting a bus pass for a week for €20 or a day pass for €5 which you can get on the bus NOT the weekly pass you need to get at the bus station. We also recommend the Wave dancer evening cruise with includes a buffet meal which comes with a glass of wine ,entertainment with singers ,acrobatics and dancers. Then finishing off with a firework display. BRILLIANT EVENING!! Right back to the hotel. On our last day it was my birthday,when we got back from our day out we discovered on the door a banner with HAPPY Birthday on it and a balloon and inside there was a bottle of sparkling wine and another bowl of fruit Lovely. So do I recommend this hotel. Maybe not for families with children who want to be entertained at night but for couples like us very much so!Thanks to all staff and managerment at the Dionysos for a great holiday and making my birthday special .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple