Gorgeous hotel; from the lobby, to the dinning areas, spa, pools and even the staircase (which many hotels overlook the importance of). My only itty bitty complain is the approach to the tennis court was a little disappointing given the rest of the hotel.
Room was nice and cosy but we had the street view which wasn't the most beautiful thing to look out on. Saying that, waking up with the sun beaming through the windows is always a plus no matter the view. We were given a twin room rather than the double we had requested. On asking for a change, they said the bedding would be changed to turn the twin into a double...??? Didn't quite understand this and it never happened
Some of the staff were extremely friendly but unfortunately we did not get any names as we were only there for a couple of days. Smallish lady with dark hair in the breakfast restaurant was lovely. She made our day each morning. The reception staff could definitely be taught to smile a little more.
We had a B&B and deal so only had breakfast at the hotel which was fine for the 3 mornings we spent there. This could have gotten very repetitive had we stayed any longer as the same dishes were served but then you have to ask yourself, how much variety can you actually get withe breakfast? Bacon, sausages, tomatoes, eggs, croissants, oats, pancakes, fruits, salad, juice, hot drinks...it was all there.
For Dinner, we asked for recommendations from the reception staff who pointed us in the direction of Ocean Basket which apparently was the most popular in the area. We walked down to the restaurant only to be told the kitchen had been closed at 8.30pm as the restaurant was due for refurbishments first thing Monday morning...boo!
We walked around for a little while trying to find somewhere that was actually open and willing to serve us on a Sunday evening and finally ended up at a South African restaurant called The Lodge. The food was fantastic, great environment and lovely lovely staff. Definitely a good result!
Harbour is about 30mins walk from the hotel. We hired bikes from a guy 2mins down from the hotel. He was very friendly and even gave me a nickname. Allowed us to keep the bikes overnight and return them the next morning. We cycled down to the harbour and parked the bikes at the first stop we saw. We continued the rest of the journey on foot.
A lot of cafes and restaurants down by the harbour and what beats being close to the sea while you eat?
We also visited the Archaeological centre while we were by the harbour which was nice and then made our way to the shopping centre which is another 15-20mins down from the harbour. Not many stores but I guess enough to make a two level shopping mall.
My partner was wearing some african print trousers which got us way too much attention in the mall with everyone from adults to teens and children pointing and laughing. made us feel very uncomfortable after a while so we left soon after. My advice, go in plain clothing. The people clearly are not receptive of certain fashion statements.
Overall, nice weekend getaway. I'm not sure I'd return but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Aquamare Hotel, we recognize and respect the allure of the Mediterranean, which is why you will find that our entire focus is on capturing its magic and surrounding you with it during your stay with us. Enter an oasis of pure luxury and elegance. With attention to beautiful details and impressive facilities in a hospitable environment, the Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa is the ideal destination for your next holiday or event. Offering a variety of restaurants and bars, conference & incentive facilities, wedding packages, indoor & outdoor pools, children's novelty pool, a fully equipped fitness center and a luxurious spa, whether for business or leisure, there is something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamare Beach Hotel Paphos
- Aquamare Beach Hotel And Spa
- Aquamare Hotel Paphos
- Aquamare Hotel And Spa