“Amazing”

Metaxas
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Went last week and had a good experience. Lamb shank was excellent and house wine is reasonable. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank 897DC

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went with some friends for a meal before we went on to a bar for St Patricks night. We have been before and the food was still very good. We chose a bottle of red wine which Marcio the waiter recommended and sparkling water. Must say the wine was lovely. We never had starters only because we didn't want to be to full up. You are given hot pitta bread with a choice of garlic butter and normal butter on the table to start. I had the duck in orange sauce it was very nice and just as good as I remembered the last time. My husband and our friend had the lamb shank in a red wine and rosemary sauce they both said it was very good. You have a selection of lovely fresh vegetables and roasted potatoes to go with your meal. We chose to share cheese and biscuits nice selection of cheese and plenty of biscuits & fresh fruit to go with it. Will be going back again.
As it was St Patricks night I was dressed up in a costume and Stephanos who is the owner chef & Marcio had there photo taken with me.

1  Thank smokey011
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stephanos the owner chef of Metaxas is obviously passionate about the food he produces and we cannot praise the food enough. We just loved everything, and were so well cared for here thankyou very much to Stephanos and I think Marcel? for our meals at you restaurant. This restaurant is the perfect place to go if you have any special dietary needs, it is not very often I can go out for a meal knowing most things on the menu can be adapted to be gluten free. We can really recommend the asparagus with ham and cooked cheese, the marinaded aubergine sweet pepper and mushrooms is so special, the duck with award winning orange sauce definitely deserves the award and the creme brulle is to die for. Then the cream on the cake is that this delicious food is such good value at any time of night, but if you order between 5.30 and 7.00pm and pay cash there is a 15% discount. Do not miss out on this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Found this restaurant by pure chance last year, it`s a little tucked away down a side street off the Tomb Of The Kings Road ( There is a small bill board here) I`ve been coming to Cyprus many years and can honestly say that this is the best food I have ever tasted in Cyprus by some distance! Only a short visit this time but ate here twice as I know I will not taste food this good till I come back. The Vine leaves starter and the Steaks are to die for. Perfectly cooked and reasonably priced. Almost forgot to mention the staff... they are brilliant! Can`t wait to return.

2  Thank Hookedoncyprus
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We booked this restaurant again whilst on holiday( we have been going for several years now) and Stephanos, Marcio and Alex welcomed us as old friends. The food was excellent and the ambiance was great.

1  Thank Jane W