“Summer resort only”

Ranked #45 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Limassol, Cyprus
“Summer resort only”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Indoor facilities not clean broken down nor maintained.Seems they ran out of money in decorating and giving the place a warmer and hospitable look. Worst breakfast buffet in years...everything was there but the freshness, presentation and management was abscent. Again for what we paid it could have been a great vacation if we were here in the summer and needed only their pool and room.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank potamos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Just returned home after a fantastic week in Paphos. We are so impressed with Capital Coast that we have been 4 times now. This year we stayed in an amazing apartment with a massive balcony with a hot tub. Highly recommend. The hotel is close to some great restaurants and tavernas.

Room Tip: The sea view and pool view rooms have fantastic views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

2 Thank Jill W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friend and I just got back from Paphos, amazing 4 days of stay at Capital Coast Resort.
As we arrived almost midnight, we were welcomed by lovely night shift staff, Maria at the bar, Antonios at the reception and last but not least Johnny the security.
We got the superior suite with sea view and the view was absolutely gorgeous through day and night. (We both agreed the highlight of our holidays was having drinks while watching sunset and full moon in the balcony.)
Our room was cleaned thoroughly everyday and we had all the amenities we need at very high standard.
The weather was a bit windy and cloudy so we used Sauna and Jacuzzi a lot which were very nice. The location is a bit far from night out bars and restaurants however 615 bus runs every 15 minutes and takes only 10 minutes to get to the harbour so I had no complaint (I actually prefer this way as you can get nice quiet sleep and chill out day)

I would 100% recommend and love to go back to stay at this hotel. Also Hawi and I want to say a big thank you to Johnny who was very helpful and made sure we feel safe during our stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tashica J
London
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Having last visited Cyprus and Paphos in particular some 20 years ago on a business conference and really enjoying the place I was looking forward to a return for a holiday with my wife. We booked in early October to avoid the peak time holiday mania and costs and were not disappointed by the weather with temperatures around 27C every day during our stay.

We booked our holiday as a package comprising flight from Gatwick and a stay at the Capital Coast Spa Hotel in Paphos. We liked the reviews of the Capital Coast on TripAdvisor and the fact it was a spa hotel we felt it would be perfect for the week of total relaxation we both required.

Arriving at 11.30pm on a Friday night we checked into our side facing suite at the Capital Coast and were more than pleased with the layout of the accommodation, a large lounge with new kitchenette with literally everything, fridge, microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, cooker/oven and all utensils - nothing was missing, Nice sofa, armchair and a large wall mounted television. There was a small WC with basis separate from a large bathroom with bath, cubicle shower and dual basins. The bedroom comprised a large queen size bed, lots of wardrobe space a smaller television in the bedroom and a good sized balcony which could be accessed from both the bedroom and lounge. So in respect of facilities and cleanliness it was hard to fault the accommodation.

Having flown in on a charter airline we were both hungry so I went down to see if the restaurant or bar was still doing food and the answer was no. Worse still I was told there were no restaurants on the doorstep and as it was now close to midnight most restaurants would be closed. The long and short is that I ended up at McDonalds for a take out and it is a 10-15 minute walk away not great in the dark when you are tired so a taxi was the only option and the €15 fare smacked of collusion between the front desk and the taxi driver.

In terms of the hotel's location it is on what is a busy main road that throughout our stay was dug up and the drivers would not stop at the pedestrian crossing. The road is poorly lit and as I said earlier although there is an Indian restaurant directly opposite and a Lidl about 500 yards away there is nothing else. The 615 bus was a god send and a €5 day ticket allowed us to catch the bus from across the road to the harbour passing through the main strip with restaurants a plenty. This same bus would also go the other way to Coral Bay the best beach to visit. For the sake of completeness a 610 bus from the harbour takes you into town and the municipal market.

In terms of hotel facilities the restaurant was a large and cold canteen style of room and the dinner option on each night comprised of a self service buffet for which a flat fee of €20 was charged excluding drinks. We ate there on two nights and on both nights we were underwhelmed by the food and disappointed there wasn't the chance to order off a menu. Breakfast was good and there was choice but as I said dinner choice and quality was a real let down especially since there were no restaurants close by and it was trek by foot or bus to get food which wasn't always ideal when tired. The bar was cramped and not very inviting which is why it was hardly ever busy.

The hotel leisure facilities were good a nice outdoor pool and rear area that ran down to the rocky beach. Inside the spa facilities comprised a good sized pool a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, and spa treatment rooms and gym. During our stay as the weather was good the inside facilities were empty and we did enjoy the high availability. We both booked spa treatments in the form of back and leg massages but due to the lady running the spa not understanding only my wife had the treatment as she forgot to book two therapists. She may have done me a favour as my wife was not pleased with either treatment and for €60 she didn't appreciate a warm towel across her legs for 10 minutes of a 30 minute leg massage as value for money. I therefore didn't re-book my treatment and saved the money.

As I said earlier the restaurant and bar is usually the centre of attraction at most hotels in respect of meeting other guests and getting to know people, but because both are quite unwelcoming and uninviting it is hard to get to know others. This was then further compounded by the fact that around 90% of the guests at this hotel were Russian, and whilst it is not my intention to offend a nation, they were not people that liked to mix with others and were quite stand offish. In fact I should say at this point that this is not a phenomenon that is unique to the Capital Coast as Cyprus post financial meltdown is now backed and owned by Russian money, and so ALL hotels in Paphos were populated primarily by Russian tourists. One chap we met in a bar told us he was the only non Russian in his hotel and the tour guide addressed all arrivals in Russian and he had to remind her that he didn't speak Russian - so she had to give him the speech on a one to one. Signs in shops are a dead giveaway, "English and Russian Spoken", clearly German has been usurped as a required language in Cyprus. I did speak to a Russian guy who owns a restaurant in Coral Bay and he pretty much told me why they are investing their money in Cyprus and because of this Cyprus is being promoted as a holiday hotspot back in the former USSR. So overtime just as the Costa's in Spain became an enclave for Brits, Paphos is turning into the same for Russians and a very low cost holiday option for the masses some of whom in his words are "not very smart people" which went a long way to explaining their disposition.

As there is no WiFi in bedrooms only hard wired internet for €10 which doesn't work so I had to get a refund the downstairs foyer sofas are packed with people on phones and iPads as this is the only spot that has WiFi.

Overall we enjoyed our time in Paphos and the Capital Coast is a clean, modern and functional hotel but it was unlike previous holidays where we were able to enjoy the company of other guests and make some good friends this was not the case. We did find a lovely eaterie Tea for Two and ate there throughout our stay and when one of the excellent staff asked me when we would be coming back to Paphos I had to be honest and say that this was not going to happen - not because of the climate, hotels, food or facilities but just because it is not the friendly happy place I fell in love with 20 years ago

Room Tip: Avoid south side rooms or suites close to the front of hotel as there are noisy boiler facilities th...
5 Thank del_singh
Toronto
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were at this hotel for 3 nights in mid-October. Our suite was huge; the bed firm and comfortable, the conveniences excellent. The breakfast buffet was varied and very good. The hotel is on the sea, facing west, so sunsets were amazing!
My only complaints:
- The wifi was very inconsistent, great when it was working, not so much when it stopped.
- The TV had only a couple of English channels, one of which was very flaky. Considering this is a favoured vacation spot for Brits, perhaps more English TV satellite channels could be found?
There is construction on a new building immediately to the north of the resort, but there was surprisingly little noise from the that. As well, the main road is being upgraded to 4 lanes, but I suspect that construction will be completed in a month or two.

1 Thank GR8TSCOT
Gomersal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A lovely stay at capital coast the hotel staff are very attentive and made our stay from a hotel point of view - spot on the room / apartment was nicely equipped with everything you could need and the hotel facility's where great the only down fall was that the toiletries had being downgraded since my last stay and I was quite looking forward to the Molton Brown collection that was provided previously.
However we where on a spa package and the spa facility's and one masseur particularly where simply terrible and unappealing. in fact I left the spa more tense and stressed than when I arrived towards the mid half of our week, this was due to the fact at first I was massaged by a professional qualified masseur that was very good at her job however later in the stay I was switched to Mrs D who simply was not interested in providing relaxation to guests and didn't seem to be interested in or enjoying her work, any treatment I booked simply turned into some form of gentle body rub while being suspended at least 3 feet in the air on an elevated massage bed.
On the spa level all the facility's are feeling a little unloved and cared for with plenty of broken mosaic tiles which look rather displeasing, The Hema bath in the spa malfunctioned on one occasion and didn't produce steam as well as this the jacuzzis available to all hotel guests where cold and unappealing to the stage that no one stayed in them for longer than 2 minutes due to the temperature of the water.

In my own personal opinion the hotel needs to improve and upgrade there spa facility's or rebrand as a none spa hotel / resort.

Room Tip: Avoid staying on the right hand side which is currently overlooking a property being built and comes...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tomw121
Calne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just 10 minutes out of Paphos town centre by bus this is an excellent hotel with Its lovely big apartments, we had one with a sea view, and it was huge included all mod cons you would want on a holiday, even a washing machine!
Nice big sitting room with a large flat screen TV with lots of English channels, including ones showing British Footie, and you even got a TV in the bed room to, not to mention no less then 2 bath rooms.
For all your food needs Lidi was right in front of the hotel on the main road which you will also find the bus stop, we used the hotels Restaurantt twice which was very nice, but you can get some really good deals in Paphos It self which we would recommend, Another big plus for the Capital is it's nice heath suite which we used every day, only draw back was to many kids trying to use the jazzuci as a paddling pool and a slippery walking surface up to it the suite and indoor pool ,needs a mat in my view.
There are also 2 large out door pools, but no beach which is the only thing missing from this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: book apartment with a sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple