My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a week and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We stayed on a self catering basis.
When we checked in we were told about the hotel amenities. Free towels to be used by the pool which get changed every 2 days and a mini market on site with a fairly good selection of stuff at pretty good prices. Spa treatments and a gym were also available but we didn’t use either of these so can' comment on price or review. Also, since we were self catering, we were offered a special rate breakfast for 7 days and also a special rate dinner for 7 days. We declined these as we wanted to get out and sample the local restaurants.
ROOM: We had booked an 'attic studio with skylight' and that is what we got. A lovely little bedsit-type room with a skylight. The room had a double bed with a kitchenette (with dishwasher) plenty of storage space including a free safe and a bathroom including a lovely power shower! The fridge/freezer was a touch noisy during the night due to it being aprox 8 feet away from the bed, but this could only be classed as a minor issue. The studio rooms are not reachable via the lift. You go up to the 3rd floor by lift, along a corridor, then up stairs. Not really suitable for disabled, but for us it was fine.
POOL AREA: The hotel has four pools, three outside and one indoor. The pools are different depths ranging from the kiddie pool being about a foot deep to the other two which are deeper. (I’m sure measurements are available). Around the pools there are wooden sun loungers with cushions which are very comfortable and all with umbrellas. There is also a pool bar which serves drinks (and food between certain times) and had a happy hour between 5.30 & 6.30 where drinks are 50% when we were there. Main bartender was a very friendly chap called Gerhard. There are more sun loungers facing the sea however these are plastic and not so comfortable so get up quick and get your towel on a nice one!!! There is also a small sandy beach but beware of rip tides when swimming.
PS If you want a good view of the pools, head to the 5th floor of the lift. It's the roof! There used to be a 'Rooftop Bar' up there but has been taken away now so it's just a flat roof. Lovely view though!
LOCATION: The hotel itself is situated about a mile outside of paphos on the 'tomb of the king’s rd' (Just up from the Venus Beach Hotel). It doesn't seem to be on any map yet as it only opened in late 2008. It is a short walk to the nearest bus stop (outside Venus Beech Hotel) and from there you can take a number of busses as far as you want for only 1 euro each one way. This is fantastic value if you think how much you would pay in this country! There are even some attractions such as the 'Aphrodite Water Park' that offers free transfer and you get your 1 euro back upon purchasing the entry ticket! I actually felt a little guilty as the bus journey must have been at least 30 mins!
If you wanted to walk into town you will pass many restaurants, almost all of them offering a set menu for between 10-15 Euros for a 3 course meal. This represents excellent value as the prices of the same food from the full menu can often be more. Most restaurants will have staff on the door/pavement trying to get you to come in. These can be a bit annoying but my tip is to ask for a card and say you'll give it some thought. One of the best restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel had to be an Italian called Martellis. Highly recommended! If you go to the harbour, look for one called Pingouinos, equally recommended!
To sum up... Fantastic holiday, couldn't have asked for more. I would be very happy to stay there again but may look at the possibility of a bigger room with a balcony. Don't get me wrong, the room we got was lovely, but at the time it's all we could afford! We would also like to stay there for longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the historic Tombs of the Kings, it offers a variety of spacious high quality one, two and three bedroom suites, all encompassing a contemporary light modern decor that captures the Mediterranean spirit. All suits are designed to offer a unique home away from home experience of comfort and luxury. Other services include restaurants and bars, Spa and Bath House, gymnasium & fitness center, beautician and hairdressing salon, squash, indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Opens on 1 August 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Nozio Netplan srl, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Bookcyprus.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capital Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Coast Hotel Paphos
- Capital Coast Resort And Spa