“Visited the new Folio and loved it - exceptional meal and as good as ever!”
Review of Folio

Folio
Ranked #128 of 237 Restaurants in Paralimni
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Ewell, United Kingdom
“Visited the new Folio and loved it - exceptional meal and as good as ever!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've submitted reviews previously for Folio, but haven't visited Cyprus in a couple of years - however having just been back for a holiday, we couldn't wait to visit Folio at it's new site (next to Diva at the top of the Protaras strip) and were not disappointed.

The food was as good as it ever was. We went twice on our trip; once I had sea bass and once I had the black cod. Both were lovely, but the black cod was exceptional. My partner had the pepper steak the first night and the rack of lamb the second time - and again thought they were both cooked to perfection and high quality meat. The steak particularly was huge and so tender and so much better than anything else you'll find in the area.

In terms of starters we had the tortilla duck, which is lovely. For dessert, they all look great, but for me the almond tiramisu is just delicious and probably the best dessert I ever had in terms of texture and taste. I have that every time as it's so tasty. My partner had the crime brûlée this time and really enjoyed that too...

The drinks menu is comprehensive. We just went for the Pinot Grigio Danzante, which is well priced and perfect accompaniment for a good meal in the Cyprus heat. Just fresh and crisp and really refreshing.

Folio is now on the shared site with Diva, however Folio is still a separate restaurant with it's own menu and separate dining room and balcony. I've never eaten in Diva, so can't comment on that, but Folio is fantastic. Granted it's not the cheapest food you could get, but I would rather pay a bit more and have great food. For us on the dishes we had, it was approx.100 euro for 2 people to have 2-3 courses and a bottle of wine, however there are lower cost dishes and you could eat there for less than half that if you are on a budget, but still want to experience great food.

I'm a big fan of this place and when you compare it to most of the tourist-traps around the area, this really is a little gem.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Folio in kapparis was better!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

now that folio is in protaras with diva restaurant food is of liw quality and location and service is worst. when folio was in kapparis was great but now no!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lorenzocors
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
“Something different”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Went to this restaurant with friends for something different. It's the sort of place that lady ga ga would not be out of place as the furnishings are right up her street. If you go in the front door you are in diva,s but if you go in the side door you are in folio,s ?.? Once seated service is very good and the menu is quite extensive. Food came up promptly and the steak was cooked to everyone's liking , we all liked it cooked differently and it was. 2 of our party had pasta dishes and both of them agreed that it was overcooked . If you are looking for something different then this is worth a visit but it comes at a price which is different from the normal restaurants in the area.

• Visited July 2013
Famagus
“Folio's”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Folio's is open, ive just booked my 60th there. They have moved to Protarus and are in the the Diva restaurant. Excellant restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Diane H
Ewell, United Kingdom
“Wonderful restaurant that lives on in Diva!”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Just heard the news that the original Folio restaurant is no longer open. This is such a great shame - I ate at Folio many times between 2009-2012 and it was always just perfect in terms of food, staff and general ambience. I haven't been to Cyprus in the last year and so haven't revisited, but it's one of the main reasons I wanted to go back to the island.

However it's not all bad news, as I just heard that Folio is running with the same wonderful management team and staff, from the site of the Diva restaurant in Protaras. I am sure this will be a success in the busier area - and look forward to visiting this summer!

• Visited May 2012