“Why is this not the best rated restaurant in protaras?”
Review of Folio

Folio
Ranked #135 of 244 Restaurants in Paralimni
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The best food we ate but found on last night. Interiors just like we find in London and a delicious menu. Chef's amuse bouche was very good and our meals were cooked to perfection. It is mid priced so not as cheap as some other places but for quality it was a lovely visit. Lovely waiters.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Visited Protaras September 2013 and after having excellent meals in Diva (Folios adjoining restaurant) we decided to try Folios food and we were not disappointed. Before your starter or main comes out you are treated to a small complimentary soup to eat with your fresh hot roll and home made butter which was a nice touch. The main courses, I had the wild boar, jack Daniels steak, Pepper Steak and caramelised steak, my girlfriend tried various steaks and a chicken dish. The food was cooked to perfection and the sauces were delicious. The deserts and coffees were really nice when we could fit them in after our mains. The staff could not do enough for you and did everything they could to ensure you enjoyed your evening from start to finish, which I can honestly say we did on all 4 occasions we visited Folio. We will be making this restaurant our first port of call on our next trip to Cyprus. Hats off to staff and chefs.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've submitted reviews previously for Folio, but haven't visited Cyprus in a couple of years - however having just been back for a holiday, we couldn't wait to visit Folio at it's new site (next to Diva at the top of the Protaras strip) and were not disappointed.

The food was as good as it ever was. We went twice on our trip; once I had sea bass and once I had the black cod. Both were lovely, but the black cod was exceptional. My partner had the pepper steak the first night and the rack of lamb the second time - and again thought they were both cooked to perfection and high quality meat. The steak particularly was huge and so tender and so much better than anything else you'll find in the area.

In terms of starters we had the tortilla duck, which is lovely. For dessert, they all look great, but for me the almond tiramisu is just delicious and probably the best dessert I ever had in terms of texture and taste. I have that every time as it's so tasty. My partner had the crime brûlée this time and really enjoyed that too...

The drinks menu is comprehensive. We just went for the Pinot Grigio Danzante, which is well priced and perfect accompaniment for a good meal in the Cyprus heat. Just fresh and crisp and really refreshing.

Folio is now on the shared site with Diva, however Folio is still a separate restaurant with it's own menu and separate dining room and balcony. I've never eaten in Diva, so can't comment on that, but Folio is fantastic. Granted it's not the cheapest food you could get, but I would rather pay a bit more and have great food. For us on the dishes we had, it was approx.100 euro for 2 people to have 2-3 courses and a bottle of wine, however there are lower cost dishes and you could eat there for less than half that if you are on a budget, but still want to experience great food.

I'm a big fan of this place and when you compare it to most of the tourist-traps around the area, this really is a little gem.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

now that folio is in protaras with diva restaurant food is of liw quality and location and service is worst. when folio was in kapparis was great but now no!

1  Thank lorenzocors
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Went to this restaurant with friends for something different. It's the sort of place that lady ga ga would not be out of place as the furnishings are right up her street. If you go in the front door you are in diva,s but if you go in the side door you are in folio,s ?.? Once seated service is very good and the menu is quite extensive. Food came up promptly and the steak was cooked to everyone's liking , we all liked it cooked differently and it was. 2 of our party had pasta dishes and both of them agreed that it was overcooked . If you are looking for something different then this is worth a visit but it comes at a price which is different from the normal restaurants in the area.