“dirty and outdated.”
Review of Melini Apartments

Melini Apartments
Reviewed 1 October 2013

me and my family stayed in the melini apartments room 301 which is 3rd floor . only got back 25 sep
and to be honest it was only for 1 week but couldn't wait to get home. .
The room was very dated every thing looked old it looked dirty the beds where like sleeping on stone way to hard the hole week we where there bedding was only changed once. The bathrooms smelled and was dirty my son who has special needs got locked in side 1 of the bedrooms as the look on the door was broken which no 1 had even bothered to tell us and the other bedroom next to the main door didn't shut at all and the kitchen area was crawling with ants so couldn't even eat in the kitchen.The hall way was almost pitch black as non of the lights worked ..we did raise all problems with the hotel staff and our rep but they where of no help.....the only good points.....good view from the balcony the resort its self was nice and so was the hotel restaurant..you where right in the middle of every thing so didn't have to walk far. ..

Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Melini was a nice hotel, excellent location, i would come again, everything close by, Island Affair restaurant was good value, pool very clean, short trip to the beach only a 5 minute walk or less.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Everything was fine for us at the melini. we stayed self catering for one week starting from the 15th september 2013. the apartments were spacious and clean. the maid service was great too. We were concerned when we first arrived because rockerfellers bar is right outside and they had some loud karaoke going on till about 12:30am. this was fine for us as we were normally in later than that, but if you have young children it might not be ideal. my only other gripe was that the swimming pool/sunbathing isnt the biggest and as the day goes on the shadow from the hotel makes the sunbathing area smaller and smaller. apart from that we enjoyed our stay at the melini

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

central location; very clean and tidy; staff very friendly and helpful
Can be noisy with nearby bars but that is to be expected
excellent food in the Island Restaurant
Excellent ice cream @ Chillz - not to be missed @ 1.50 euro, an array of flavours to sample and they let you taste before you buy
Only down side is payment for air conditioning and rooms could do with some modernisation
We went with our 2 teenage children and they both enjoyed Cyprus, although no entertainment at apartments, there was other things to entertain them within Protaras and Ayia Napia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Just back from Cyprus and stayed at the Melini Apart hotel in Protaras .Be warned this hotel is in much need of updating we were hughely disappointed as I booked this for my wife's 50th as a surprise, I asked for a high balcony with a sea view I got room seven which is at the back at ground level...! our view was a patch of grass and a rubbish tip to our right with a nice constant smell of sewage from the water hoses they used to water the grass....!!! I will say though that the pool area and chillz bar and restaurant were good.The rockafellas pub next door can get loud but that is expected as the apartments are right in the middle of the ' strip '. If you want nice cheap food use the cheers bar opposite. I would use again if I was guaranteed what I was promised.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

we got back from cyprus last wed first time that we stayed at the melini what can i say well on first glance i thought it looked nice the lobby was nice and tidy and the english receptionist was nice cant say much about the other one when we got to our room it was very dated remined me of something my nan would of had when she first got married we was on the second floor and the excuse for a balcony was a joke although they fitted a table and two chairs on it there was no room to relax and if you did sit down you couldnt see over the balcony wall was more like been in a prison cell even though it was clean the bathroom was a joke as well no room to swing a cat we had a shower but that was so small kept knocking the shampoo off the so called shelf on my toe which was painful as it was a full bottle the pool was nice and did mainly get sun beds most of the time the location was brillant right on the main strip only ate at island affair once wasnt our cup of tea we had most of our meals at the cheers bar down the road very nice and lovely staff and not bad prices we went with our son who was in our room and the daughter grandson and her partner they had a great room on the fourth floor there balcony was lovely more like a penthouse dont think. we would stay there again unless there was some major updates .

Room Tip: ask for fourth floor room 407
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sapwalsall
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Just back from a weeks stay at The Melini in Protaras. I stayed in room 309 with my husband and 3 children. Good points is that it has a huge balcony (not that we used it much as the rooms weren't worthy of anything other than sleeping in) and that's the good points about the room over... wasn't cleaned properly and had urine stains all over the bathroom doors and walls (takes 2 mins to wipe them). 100 euros went missing from our room on day 3 and the reception didn't give a damn about it when we mentioned it and if you want to sleep before 3am then I wouldn't stay here as Rockafellas has music blaring till around 2:30am every night.
The pool is 1.5 metres deep all the way round so the kids couldn't go in without armbands on and the baby pool is freezing cold (and filthy) although the big pool was cleaned regularly. We never failed to get sunbeds around the pool, it wasn't a problem at all. The pool does have some sharp tiles at the bottom and a few people (including some of our party hurt their feet on them) and the tiles don't join at the edge of pool either so my daughter got her swimming costume stuck in the gap and took several people to free it. The pool also shades over between 3:30 and 4pm, so that's maybe a good time to hit the beach as it goes extremely chilly.
Chillz Ice cream parlour serve the best ice cream in Protaras and it is attached to the hotel only 1.50 euro for a huge scoop on a cone and the Island affair bar and restaurant at the hotel served lovely food (try the chicken kebab in greek pitta and you will not be dissapointed) was run by some lovely south african sisters. There are no activities for children to do day or night and no entertainment for them either in the evenings, I found the whole of protaras to be very anti children and I see it as being more of a holiday destination for adults.
All in all I wouldn't return to this hotel or even this part of the island, the people were rude, racist and ignorant, if I return to Cyprus again I will definitely only be going back to Paphos. There are no activities for children to do day or night and no entertainment for them either in the evenings, I found the whole of Protaras to be very anti children and I see it as being more of a holiday destination for adults.