“Great holiday”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Polis
Klaipeda, Lithuania
“Great holiday”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Our 4-person family were very sutisfied with our stay at the “AKAMANTHEA” hotel (from 10 th -18 th of June 2012). We were traveling with travel agency "ITAKA", which, thanks to its local manager, was well organized. Wonderful hotel with beautiful surroundings, garden, great rooms with conditioners, swimming pool, restaurant, outdoor bar, food, drinks and good service. Due to a delayed flight for one day, we were fed and housed for free. Of course, Wi-Fi connection and a modern TV with remote control in the rooms, would be a great advantage to the hotel. This hotel is for an active rest lovers (many events for both adults and children). Hotel and activities, mostly in Polish, so it is advisable to take place for Polish families with children.

Room Tip: “Room (2 bedroom) "144", is located on the south of the reception and a pool bar, and is f...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Arturas P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed for 1 week 10th to 17th July 2012 arrived late evening were allocated a 2 bedroom ground floor apartment . the rooms were immaculate as was the entire complex and very well equiped washing machine dishwasher huge fridge freezer ,strangely you had to ask for a kettle toaster hair dryer @ 10euros each (returnable ) at reception .the breakfast was pretty much the normal cereal,fruit,bacon,egg,etc,etc all of which was nice . i have read some reviews that totaly condemn the whole place which i think is very unfair and probably left because of a silly little problem ,the towels for example depending on your tour operator are changed on a 3 day basis ,we asked for extra and got so wasnt that much of a problem , we had to ask for an airer and waited for a day . as i said silly little things ,alittle bit disorganised .Would we stay again ? CAN'T WAIT , I would recommend it but because of the location i would say a car is a must .

Room Tip: pick a ground floor and you get a huge garden
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank david186543
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 20 July 2012

My wife and I just returned from our one week holiday at Akamanthea. I really wish we have never been there.

At first when we checked in I discovered 2 dirty underwear in the closet.

On the second day we also discovered that they clean the room and bring towels every two days, sometimes 3. This is not clarified anywhere in the hotel and when I asked for extra towels the girl at the reception said: "I don't think so" with attitude.

We also found a few centipedes in our rooms.

We tried to talk to the manager of the hotel but he was nowhere to be found...actually he was sitting in his office at the back of the reception and he wouldn't speak to us. We wrote a letter to him with our complaints but no response whatsoever.

I could go on ... the breakfast was bad, the entertainment was awful, and the facilities were dirty. We had to check out earlier because we could't spent a minute longer in that terrible place.

Also the staff there seem very unhappy

My advise is to not even consider to go there.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nektarios V

Travellers are raving about these Polis hotels

Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and i love to stay at the Akamanthea for at least one night on our annual holiday to Cyprus.This year we stayed overnight on the 29th of June and we ended up terribly dissappointed with the whole experience.The wonderfully relaxed atmosphere that we and so many other guests loved has been completely ruined by the introduction of a team of young people who are called the Relax Club who are responsible for the happiness and well being of the guests in and around the pool area.Take it from me they completely distroyed the atmosphere by blasting everyone with awful music from the poolbar speakers.If you wanted a drink from the poolbar it was like interrupting their private party to try to get one of them to serve you and please don't expect any manners,a please or a thank you is far too uncool for them.Why did the management take on a group of amatuers like these?Don't they realise yet what a total disaster the whole thing is?It gives me no pleasure what so ever to write a bad review about a hotel that my wife and i are so fond of(please read previous review posted Oct 2011).We ask the management of the Akamanthea to review their own decision making and to realise that sometimes it is better to leave some things alone.As the saying goes"if it aint broke don't fix it"

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martinotoole
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I went there last year. I was all inclusive. I was looking forward for a nice holiday break, time to have fun and relax. We had to rush to get sunbeds in the morning and people put towels down so sometimes we had none or just one sunbed. The beach was sandy and lovely but took 20 mins in the burning heat to get there. The entertainment was the worst entertainment i've ever had. The entertainer thought that he was Michael Jackson and he made my family and friends feel quite uncomfortable. At the bar the staff were very unfriendly, they made children wait for occasionally 15 mins serving adults first. One bar maid shouted at me to shut up because I was laughing and having fun with my friend and in the pool. The food was basic and not worth what you pay for. The apartments were clean but my air conditioning was leaking the entire time and was very slippery. The sofa bed broke and they never fixed it. We had at least 2 cockroaches a night. It was a awful holiday! All these reviews saying it was good is a joke! It was dreadful! Definitely not worth your money! I wouldn't even go there again for £10!

Room Tip: Don't get a room! Just don't go there!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KATIE123321
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at the Akamanthea in August 2011 with my son, partner and grandson aged 6. Our flight was delayed 2 hours and flew into Larnaca !!!! We were picked up by Taxi and travelled for 2 hours across the country. Then a couple of mins from the complex a car went into the back of us, luckily we were OK. Apart from a bad start, we had no complaints at all. We had an apartment on the ground floor, which overlooked the pool. As it was August it was very hot and it was lovely stepping into the pool. The village is situated between Polis and Latchi, on a hill, we did attempt to walk along the coastal roads and because of the heat was quite warn out when we got there. The apartment, was basic but was enough for a week long trip. The food was plentiful and varied, although I wished the toaster, toasted a bit quicker. It was beautifully maintained. Sometimes we skipped lunch, and chose from the menu in the afternoon again it was tasty and arrived quickly. The staff were all pleasant, and rooms were cleaned regularly. We had no problem. The entertainment was left to one person who was very friendly and the children loved him. Several quizes during the day time and evening. All in all, we had a very enjoyable and relaxing break. Would i go again? probably not, just a bit too far out.

Room Tip: Don't fly into Larnaca Airport - Takes 2 hours to get there !
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Poland
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The hotel is located at the small hiill top between a town of Polis and another village (shops & taverns in both). 20..30 minutes by foot to either. To the beach is a few hundred meters.
Pluses: calm location- no noise from traffic, very good service (reception, bartenders, waiters, cleaning staff etc.), well tended grounds. Tasty food: the choice was limited but it was compensated with daily changes of the menu. Drinks were not diluted. Relatevely new room with enough space and a kitchenette equipped with utensilies. No problem getting sunbeds around the pool.
Minuses: route to the beach is not clearly determined. We were in April, when the hotel was half empty so we did not have problems with anything. I wonder what happens during top season as some hotel spaces (eg. main restaurant) appeared to me insufficient for a big crowd.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George_117
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polis
Souli Beach Hotel
Zening Resorts
#4 of 6 in Latchi
Mariela Hotel Apartments
Bougainvillea Hotel Apartments

Been to Akamanthea Holiday Village? Share your experiences!