“Delivers just what it promises”
Review of Mosfilos Taverna

Mosfilos Taverna
Ranked #18 of 42 Restaurants in Polis
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
“Delivers just what it promises”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Mosfilos' Tavern is on the Paphos-Polis road, just on the corner where you turn to go into Polis centre. It's therefore somewhat outside the town-centre bunch of eating places. Mosfilos' outdoor notice says: "Cypriot Village Food and Meze" - and that's exactly what you get. This is an un-pretentious and comfortable eating place, serving excellent traditional Cypriot cuisine. The prices offer very good value - and the portions are LARGE! Further, you always get a starter of bread and olives, plus a dessert of fresh local fruit, included in the price of your meal, even though the menu doesn't say so. To top off the pleasure of being there, Mosfilos' is housed in a fine old building. The dining room has a high ceiling, giving a great "old-time" atmosphere - reminding me more what I might expect in "mittel-Europa" than in Cyprus. All in all, highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ian S

Limassol, Cyprus
“Proper Meze”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Mosfilos tavern is a tavern where you can have lunch, dinner even coffee in the morning. I stop on a Saturday for lunch while i was with a friend from far east. We have asked the owner just to bring a bit of what ever he had. In few minutes the table was full of diffent plates. My friend got really excited with the various dishes and quantity as well..

Greate place he said!!

Well done. A place which should not be mist.

Visited February 2014
Deal, United Kingdom
“Good Food, watch for your Bill!.”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The food was delicious and plentiful, the lamb with spinach and the accompanying salad was very satisfying. The old building (lovely tiled floor and massively high ceiling) was an interesting change from the usual taverna cosiness - felt like we'd gone back forty years. But I wish the owner/chef had either worn some cleaner clothes or sported an apron; not a good image. And when I checked the outside menu board afterwards, I saw we'd paid €12.50 for a dish advertised at €10. I felt I had been taken advantage of, still good value, but on principle.... Regrettably my Greek is not good enough to warrant going back in to argue, and we were in a rush to get elsewhere. So: Worth a visit, food good, watch for your Bill!

• Visited January 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Always a fantastic feed”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We visit Mosfilos every time we are in Polis and it has never let us down. The traditional Cypriot dishes are fantastic and as good as any we have tried elsewhere. Stifado and the mixed grill are personal favourites.

Very much recommended.

• Visited June 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Always consistently good.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Not only is this restaurant in a beautiful building but the food is always, yes always good. No fancy stuff here, it's basic traditional fare. Any of the meat and potato dishes are delicious - chicken, rabbit, lamb, goat all good (you won't find these on the menu - ask what the kitchen has cooked). If you have an enormous appetite then try their meze - it's amazing. The only improvement for me would be the addition of vegetables but it's so good here I just enjoy the meat and potato and catch up on my vegetables another day.

Visited October 2013